• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class Rework:BloodMage

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Imo its hard to come up with skills for bloodmage because its stuck between a support class and a solo class balance what is it supposed to be?

@malikdanab @LightningCape @Balance Team

For me personally I'd like bloodmage more support like. Less raw damage and more moving HP around between party members and enemies. This could range from anything to lifesteals, using health to heal others, and using enemies' health to heal your party. These are already in the currently bloodmage but are not the main focus of the class which I feel is a bit of a shame. Currently with the high mana costs and weird heal skills people mainly focus on dmg.

After the update and Shaman is cleaned and ready for RPG I'll be pushing for some healer changes as they've always been a bit "off" ever since the release of attributes. Disciple and Cleric probably being the more important ones.

Super593

Glowstone
For me personally I'd like bloodmage more support like. Less raw damage and more moving HP around between party members and enemies. This could range from anything to lifesteals, using health to heal others, and using enemies' health to heal your party. These are already in the currently bloodmage but are not the main focus of the class which I feel is a bit of a shame. Currently with the high mana costs and weird heal skills people mainly focus on dmg.

I'll admit.I definently agree with bloodmage being this.

Like bloodmage just from looking at it you know is a support.

It is odd trying to balance damage output and healing along with the mana costs.Considering in the current system the class feels "awkward'

Considering its main "Sacrifice" skills are Infusion and bloodgift.When being that sacrifical lamb healer is the point of the class.

I tried to do this with Bloodwave and Bloodlust.Considering those are most support/party friendly skills instead of damage dealers.

BloodBurst IMO would be a gamebreaker around lvl 25."The Holy Damage Trinity of Bloodmages would make em go above some classes"

Honestly it'd be great to see skills such as BloodWave or BloodLust or something around those lines being put it.Since that steers the class to being the support.Really they could use a lowered mana cost for some skills.Running out after 30 seconds isn't exactly a good thing at any level.

Now the concept of draining life to move it to your party instead of you.Perhaps we could work from the concept of BloodBond.Like for example say when you use Siphon Blood.Instead of just healing you the lifesteal is equally distributed amongst your party members.Only during BloodBond.Just a concept

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Honestly There are a lot of cool Ideas I have Mainly for support classes (Being a Bloodmage last map I have a lot fo cool ideas for it ;D)

Mabye to make Blood Bind More Supportive? Like A bloodbond with 1 person
One Of my Ideas for bloodbind
Bloodbind - You and your Target are Bound in blood and will split all damage taken so long as this effect is active (You will also get buffs from that target) It would help with bloodmage being more support, this skill would also work ;ike disciples balance but this skill would keep your and your (1) teammate at same hp the whole time, therefor if one of u dies you both die, but if one of u invulns you get invuln

Sorry Typed it all up with a 2 ideas then edited into one if it dosnt make sence

@LightningCape u want bloodmage to have skills sorta like this or more sacrificial?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
All of blood mage's skill should be sacrificial in some way. Even if it's not the user, the heal/damage needs to come from someones HP.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@LightningCape u want bloodmage to have skills sorta like this or more sacrificial?
Even if it was possible to code, which it seems like it'd be hard to do so, it doesn't really bring any new group/support to the table.
I'll admit.I definently agree with bloodmage being this.

Like bloodmage just from looking at it you know is a support.

It is odd trying to balance damage output and healing along with the mana costs.Considering in the current system the class feels "awkward'

Considering its main "Sacrifice" skills are Infusion and bloodgift.When being that sacrifical lamb healer is the point of the class.

I tried to do this with Bloodwave and Bloodlust.Considering those are most support/party friendly skills instead of damage dealers.

BloodBurst IMO would be a gamebreaker around lvl 25."The Holy Damage Trinity of Bloodmages would make em go above some classes"

Honestly it'd be great to see skills such as BloodWave or BloodLust or something around those lines being put it.Since that steers the class to being the support.Really they could use a lowered mana cost for some skills.Running out after 30 seconds isn't exactly a good thing at any level.

Now the concept of draining life to move it to your party instead of you.Perhaps we could work from the concept of BloodBond.Like for example say when you use Siphon Blood.Instead of just healing you the lifesteal is equally distributed amongst your party members.Only during BloodBond.Just a concept
You forget bloodritual which is kind of a glimpse of how I feel bloodmage should be. After stealing HP/dealing dmg to get to lvl 4 bloodunion it's an insta cast skill that takes mana and can easily heal 3-4 hearts worth of health. HP for dmg moves, mana for healing moves. If they were seperate I think it would work out better. This would require nerfing the dmg which I'd have no problem doing if bloodmage could be made more support/healer.

Super593

Glowstone
After taking a look at the recent buff Bloodmage got.It was a well needed one

an increase in SiphonBlood finally feels right.Plus skills have be doing a noticable more thats helpful.

Haven't been able to see the results of Infusion but I recall it could have used an improvement."Alot of frustrations came out of that skill midcombat"

In terms of support.The Bloodmage is wanted to be someone who basically drains the enemys health/sacrifices theirs to benefit the party?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
After taking a look at the recent buff Bloodmage got.It was a well needed one

an increase in SiphonBlood finally feels right.Plus skills have be doing a noticable more thats helpful.

Haven't been able to see the results of Infusion but I recall it could have used an improvement."Alot of frustrations came out of that skill midcombat"

In terms of support.The Bloodmage is wanted to be someone who basically drains the enemys health/sacrifices theirs to benefit the party?
I have an Idea the infusion takes 30 hp and heals party for 80? ( +1 per wisdom) I think bloodmage needs a rework

Super593

Glowstone
I have an Idea the infusion takes 30 hp and heals party for 80? ( +1 per wisdom) I think bloodmage needs a rework

Well that was the purpose of this thread in the first place.

Infusion really should stick to being an individual skill.But Bloodmages could use a group heal.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Well that was the purpose of this thread in the first place.

Infusion really should stick to being an individual skill.But Bloodmages could use a group heal.
well my thing was stupid now looking back on it..... there groupheal is basicly bloodbond and then boilblood (Imo bloodbond isn't very good because of the mana it takes to keep it up)

Super593

Glowstone
BloodBond is kinda ridiculous.

I mean you won't really be doing much damage as a Bloodmage.You'd be more of the one healing everybody really.

Perhaps Bloodbond could retain the small mana cost.However instead heal the party for 25% of the damage they all deal

MajDeath

Portal
As i missed all of this from inactivity and stuff, I shall sum up my opinions. More support. More Sacrifice. More skills. Bloodbond changes.

Last edited:

Super593

Glowstone
Thought of a rework for BloodBond

BloodBond

Lvl 15

Mana Cost:40 every 6 seconds

Description:The Bloodmage forms a Blood Bond with his/her party.While under the bond.Party members are healed for 25% more from the following skills

"Infusion,BloodGift,BloodRitual"

This skills Healing efficiency is also affected by Blood Union stacks

1-2=20%

3=35%

4=40%

All Cooldowns under BloodBond are increased by 2 seconds except for healing skills

Along with editting the following Skills

SiphonBlood:Same as ever.Except during BloodBond the life steal is distributed amongst the party.

Say I drain 60 from an enemy and theres 3 party members within 12 blocks of me.All of us recieve 20.

Mana cost become 50 and 10 HP during Blood Bond

CombustBlood During BloodBond. Combust Blood gives a slight bleeding effect to the target.Regardless of BloodUnion Stacks.The Bleedout damage heals the party member closest to it.

Mana Cost becomes 80 and 35 HP during Blood Bond

This rework of BloodBond encourages a specialization in healing instead of going raw damage for bloodmages.Along with at the same time encouraging you to fight slightly.

While at the same time.The Bloodmage takes small damage for preforming combat skills in order to benifit the party.Keeping the "Sacrifice" Theme of the class~!

I dunno, i kinda like bloodbond how it is. I mean you are sacrificing the enemies blood to heal your party members. All you have to do is activate bloodbond run in use boilblood and deactive it. Doesn't really hit your mana that hard if you do it like that.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
IDK why nobody has though of it, but why not a debuff skill that basically makes anyone that attacks the target gain hp. Basically think a targeted blooddrinker.

Yeah i think a skill like this would be cool, i tried to suggest giving it to cleric lol but bloodmage can have it... i guess >>. I think almost all group / multi target healing abilities should be altered to function in more interesting ways like this, personally.

IT MUST BE PROJECTILE BASED THO.

Super593

Glowstone
Yeah i think a skill like this would be cool, i tried to suggest giving it to cleric lol but bloodmage can have it... i guess >>. I think almost all group / multi target healing abilities should be altered to function in more interesting ways like this, personally.

IT MUST BE PROJECTILE BASED THO.

IDK why nobody has though of it, but why not a debuff skill that basically makes anyone that attacks the target gain hp. Basically think a targeted blooddrinker.

I like these ideas.

Maybe there could be an alternate version of all party members getting a small lifesteal?No?

Something like what you guys said could go along the lines of

BloodBuffet

Lvl:20?

Mana Cost:120

Fired via a Ghasts Tear

Description:The BloodMage turns the enemy into a living Blood Donor for all who attack it.All People who attack the target"Even non party members" regain 50% of the damage they dish out to the target as life steal HP.

The Following skills however do not benifit from BloodBuffet

Rupture,LunarLance,Eviscrate,AimedShot,IceVolley,Duskblade,DoomWave,GreatCombustion,DarkBolt,Blizard,ArcaneBlast,Megabolt,DrainSoul,Plague,SiphonBlood,

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like these ideas.

Maybe there could be an alternate version of all party members getting a small lifesteal?No?

Something like what you guys said could go along the lines of

BloodBuffet

Lvl:20?

Mana Cost:120

Fired via a Ghasts Tear

Description:The BloodMage turns the enemy into a living Blood Donor for all who attack it.All People who attack the target"Even non party members" regain 50% of the damage they dish out to the target as life steal HP.

The Following skills however do not benifit from BloodBuffet

Rupture,LunarLance,Eviscrate,AimedShot,IceVolley,Duskblade,DoomWave,GreatCombustion,DarkBolt,Blizard,ArcaneBlast,Megabolt,DrainSoul,Plague,SiphonBlood,
The concept works that all damage is based by physical skills. Of course there will be a cap to the total amount of hp you could steal. Maybe to tone it to down, only let melee damage give health.

Last edited:

Super593

Glowstone
The concept works that all damage is based by physical skills. Oh course there will be a cap to the total amount of hp you could return. Maybe to tone it to down, only let melee damage give health.

Only being Physical skills could work.

That way the Wizard and Pyromancer dont Become Alpha Male Rape status 2014 Watchlist and recieve some sort of omega nerf just for working with a bloodmage.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I have another idea :D

Blood Conduit : The Bloodmage Bonds himself with his party allowing them to use him/her as a conduit for greater power.....

This skill would allow the Bloodmages party (or 1 user whatever u peoplz think) to use the bloodmages mana/stamina for their own use.... then after that runs out they can use his health...... although they wont be able to kill him with this effect they can get him to 1 hp.
I don't know if it would be ok if he could sacrifice his mana/stamina OR Just hp. @nonamemajdeath your one of the most pro bloodmages in my opinion do u have any ideas on this?

Another thing is.... if the bloodmage had bloodbonds on then (Because you ARE using the bloodmages mana/stamina for spells) if it would heal the bloodmage's party for 10% of the damage dealt rather then 25%?

I think bloodmage Lacks skills because if u look at it it has less skills then most other classes (I think going on memory XD) I think it should just get a few sacrificial support skills and it would be fine

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I have another idea :D

Blood Conduit : The Bloodmage Bonds himself with his party allowing them to use him/her as a conduit for greater power.....

This skill would allow the Bloodmages party (or 1 user whatever u peoplz think) to use the bloodmages mana/stamina for their own use.... then after that runs out they can use his health...... although they wont be able to kill him with this effect they can get him to 1 hp.
I don't know if it would be ok if he could sacrifice his mana/stamina OR Just hp. @nonamemajdeath your one of the most pro bloodmages in my opinion do u have any ideas on this?

Another thing is.... if the bloodmage had bloodbonds on then (Because you ARE using the bloodmages mana/stamina for spells) if it would heal the bloodmage's party for 10% of the damage dealt rather then 25%?

I think bloodmage Lacks skills because if u look at it it has less skills then most other classes (I think going on memory XD) I think it should just get a few sacrificial support skills and it would be fine
How about you make the skill less finicky:
You attune with your target giving them X% of your stamina, mana regeneration, and health gains.