• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chain armour for caster/Wizard/Rouge

terrible idea. Wizards are glass cannons. giving them chain would be like doubling their hp almost. That would make a difficult class to kill impossible. they don't need range buffs either. you can snipe with fireball well enough and that does a stupid amount of damage. Why would you get better armor in col duels than normally? the whole point is a one on one fight to see if you can beat them for fun. If you double on classes hp then they will win.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
w
yes, but that is one spell, cuz u can miss with ice and poeple just glitch out of root, so pointless

Well learn to land the spell, thread solved. At the rate I am solving these cases, I should be nicknamed Detective WuLongShangBang.

terrible idea. Wizards are glass cannons. giving them chain would be like doubling their hp almost. That would make a difficult class to kill impossible. they don't need range buffs either. you can snipe with fireball well enough and that does a stupid amount of damage. Why would you get better armor in col duels than normally? the whole point is a one on one fight to see if you can beat them for fun. If you double on classes hp then they will win.
u say they are difficult to kill, u are stupid, it is easy to die. so very easy. giveing chain is not 2x hp, 1.48x actually, which is same as gold, but cheaper. and every class that has gold and leather as possible, use leather, every class that can use all armour, use iron and diamond, max armor, i fail to see ur point about unfair, current system is unfair, and warriors with their armour already have like 3x our health when we cant run

JacobBurkey

Portal
u say they are difficult to kill, u are stupid, it is easy to die. so very easy. giveing chain is not 2x hp, 1.48x actually, which is same as gold, but cheaper. and every class that has gold and leather as possible, use leather, every class that can use all armour, use iron and diamond, max armor, i fail to see ur point about unfair, current system is unfair, and warriors with their armour already have like 3x our health when we cant run
You really need to stop ranting about your class being under powered all over the forums. Caster specs are supposed to have low armor, due to their high damage output. This is the same for rogues, they have a very high damage output, so they have low armor. Warriors on the other hand, have high armor and hp, but classes like paladin and dreadknight have low weapon damage and their skills do not do as much damage as skills like bolt/megabolt etc..

Also, I've seen you on the server, and you're a very low level wizard. You have not unlocked any of your good high burst damage skills, so yes, you are squishy now, but you wont once you hit higher levels. Also, if you're going to rant, please use correct spelling so you don't look like a complete idiot. Go level up, stop complaining, now bye. :)

Crimlake

Wood
I personally would like better armor for the healers, especially disciple, but I haven't asked for it nor mentioned it because it doesn't fit lorewise :|.

You really need to stop ranting about your class being under powered all over the forums. Caster specs are supposed to have low armor, due to their high damage output. This is the same for rogues, they have a very high damage output, so they have low armor. Warriors on the other hand, have high armor and hp, but classes like paladin and dreadknight have low weapon damage and their skills do not do as much damage as skills like bolt/megabolt etc..

Also, I've seen you on the server, and you're a very low level wizard. You have not unlocked any of your good high burst damage skills, so yes, you are squishy now, but you wont once you hit higher levels. Also, if you're going to rant, please use correct spelling so you don't look like a complete idiot. Go level up, stop complaining, now bye. :)
dont be a jerk, im not ranting all over forums, 2 places only and invul anyone? but i concede ur point but wiard is kinda useless until lvl 40+ while others are almost immediatley useful

I personally would like better armor for the healers, especially disciple, but I haven't asked for it nor mentioned it because it doesn't fit lorewise :|.
maybe disciple should have default armor like a zombie. as like hardend muscles or reflexs to deflect a certain % of dmg as u gain lvls?

Crimlake

Wood
I would actually go for that, you would think disciples and rogues would have a sort of natural reflexes, allowing passive dodge and/or projectile deflection(Deflecting fireballs at say 15-20% chance) Sounds OP which is why I didn't suggest it, but I wouldn't say no. Lorewise, I would think that hardened skin to reduce damage would make more sense for a brawler/warrior type class, not a zen-chakra type monk. Perhaps have that as a passive for a Berserker type class? I would like to suggest it(Warrior-Leather-Axe) but there's so many class suggestions that aren't even read by staff... Maybe not hardened skin, but Iron Will(resist magic effects) and Ignore Pain(Nerfed version of Harmshield) ? All good idea but I don't expect them to get accepted.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
You should master and test all the skills before you try to make a suggestion. I think everyone would have trouble killing a master samurai as a level 15 wizard lol.
Don't get hit, use blink.
If you're getting hit at all as a wizard, you'll prolly die. Wizards are the fastest class in the game, and can run down dragoons, though you burn a lot of mana and redstone to do it. It takes skill and practice to get really good at wizard, and has very little margin for error against a lot of players.

For instance, I can kill a dk without him touching me if I play it right, but if he closes in enough to terror me, I'm dead.

Wizard doesn't need a buff, except that we lost enderpearls, so if you get kicked you're completely effed.
Exactly this. Blink is really helps to get away. Also bolt, megabolt and fireblast help alot. Spend the time to level up. No matter what any master class is almost imposible to kill. North is one of the best wizards on the server, trust him.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I would actually go for that, you would think disciples and rogues would have a sort of natural reflexes, allowing passive dodge and/or projectile deflection(Deflecting fireballs at say 15-20% chance) Sounds OP which is why I didn't suggest it, but I wouldn't say no. Lorewise, I would think that hardened skin to reduce damage would make more sense for a brawler/warrior type class, not a zen-chakra type monk. Perhaps have that as a passive for a Berserker type class? I would like to suggest it(Warrior-Leather-Axe) but there's so many class suggestions that aren't even read by staff... Maybe not hardened skin, but Iron Will(resist magic effects) and Ignore Pain(Nerfed version of Harmshield) ? All good idea but I don't expect them to get accepted.
I like the idea for dodges and projectile delfection. But not for magic. I think ignore pain should be like a self conviction though.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
give an arguement please, and please dont say, i like insta killing them.
Wizard has high damage, high mana, low armor, low hp. If you want to buff the armor to Chain, you would either have to take the damage down to the point where Wizard deals next to no damage, or drop mana out. Not to mention, why the hell would a magic wielder wear heavy/semi-heavy armor? Wizards wear robes, not armor. If you dont accept this as an argument, I'll just say: "You are an idiot." Tbh, the reason the suggestion is horrible should be obvious.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Healers/Casters are lucky to have any armor at all. In any other RPG, they would wear cloth which is effectively naked.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Dose he not read our post? We said the same thing like ten times: Wizard fights at a range and has a much higher dps than warrior. Every other Rogue and caster think it is just fine. Magic goes through armor!

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
dont be a jerk, im not ranting all over forums, 2 places only and invul anyone? but i concede ur point but wiard is kinda useless until lvl 40+ while others are almost immediatley useful
Invuln is a level 50 skill. Try to kill people areound your level.

maybe like engery shield, a outside prjection of you indder strenght to reduce some dmg, and 15-20% on fireball? idk how u would block fire, maybe like a twist out of the way type of thing when there is a prjectile

Wizard has high damage, high mana, low armor, low hp. If you want to buff the armor to Chain, you would either have to take the damage down to the point where Wizard deals next to no damage, or drop mana out. Not to mention, why the hell would a magic wielder wear heavy/semi-heavy armor? Wizards wear robes, not armor. If you dont accept this as an argument, I'll just say: "You are an idiot." Tbh, the reason the suggestion is horrible should be obvious.
the problem is, there are no robes, cuz there is no leather, cuz there are no cows, i want to be able to wear any armour at all, maybe just chain chest or someting, better than hunting for cows for ages
also, maybe we should have even more mana, considering cleric has pretty much the same mana, can heal, and can wear warrior armor -_-

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
OMG kid, who are you first of all? Second, wizards DO NOT NEED chain armor. Leather is plenty for the amount of damage they put out. Lastly, more mana? You have an enormous mana pool along with replenish, ffs.

JacobBurkey

Portal
OMG kid, who are you first of all? Second, wizards DO NOT NEED chain armor. Leather is plenty for the amount of damage they put out. Lastly, more mana? You have an enormous mana pool along with replenish, ffs.
*w0nder wraps it up for us*

the thing is, other specs quickly can actually use their high dmg
ik that wizards have a super high dmg, but they dont unlock until lvl 40+, untill that, we can confidently hit u with 100 dmg every 10 seconds with pulse
and maybe more mana, why would clerics have the same amount as wizards, either lower cleric mana, or improve wizard
other classes u imdialty see the benefits, wizards just get pwned under lvl 35 be cuz they dont have a high dps then
and i am fine with leather, but there are no cows anywhere, so no leather, so basically, wiazrds have no armor, which is a pain