• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Buff up classes, nerf op classes - Time to get some balance

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
If rouge classes were to be buffed so that they beat warriors, than they would become extremely overpowered.

Right now this is going on:
Rouges beat Healers, Casters and other rouges. but they die to warriors.
Warriors beat Rouges, healers (Sometimes) and other warriors (kinda). but they die to casters and sometimes healers.
Casters- are fine how they are now.

you guys are just running into the wrong battles IMO. your fighting a tank built to withstand physical attack, with a high physical damage class. you should be using magic damage classes to balance out the playing field.
I think you're misunderstanding the whole thread here. This has nothing to do with RPC or rogues vs warriors.
General class balance.

teddytazer

Soulsand
We need less nerfs, maybe some new or extra skills to some of the classes that come up short. If we start nerfring necromancer and samurai then the lower skilled players will be left sitting inside regions/graveyards. I used to play necromancer back in dragongarde before the giant mp buff, before that As a necromancer u had to pick which skills u used or else run outta juice before your target fell. After it was just point and spam skills.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
We need less nerfs, maybe some new or extra skills to some of the classes that come up short. If we start nerfring necromancer and samurai then the lower skilled players will be left sitting inside regions/graveyards. I used to play necromancer back in dragongarde before the giant mp buff, before that As a necromancer u had to pick which skills u used or else run outta juice before your target fell. After it was just point and spam skills.
I remember that, but where do you see something about necro nerfs? :eek:

teddytazer

Soulsand
Caster

-Necromancer- Why are you nerfing necro again? The class was on the weaker side before the drainsoul nerf. Now, a lvl 1 caster's fireball deals more damage, and has a lower cooldown, how is that balanced?

Decay deals 200 dmg over 21 seconds, bolt deals 285 instant damage.
Plague deals 140 AoE dmg over 15 seconds, pulse deals 116 instant AoE damage.

You see where I'm going with this?
Regardless, remove poison. Divide the damage from poison into Necro's two other DoTs.

I'm Not sure if your saying necro has been nerfed or needs a nerf.

c12095

Holy Shit!
The kick duration seems too low based on how much cc casters have and how long they last.

@c12095 Backgrounds behind us, what do you think?

My other suggestion with a nerf on icebolt's slow duration might also come in here.

Kick was changed awhile ago due to a pretty big uproar from the caster community. They felt that Kick was silencing too long and had too short of a CD, I believe the CD was 5 seconds with 3 sec Silence.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Kick was changed awhile ago due to a pretty big uproar from the caster community. They felt that Kick was silencing too long and had too short of a CD, I believe the CD was 5 seconds with 3 sec Silence.

It was 5 second silence and 7 second cooldown. Kick almost completely shut down a caster for the duration of the silence. Now casters completely shut down rogues with all their slows.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Dragoon's are by no means overpowered, they cant kill any other warrior classes and most caster's can kill us if they properly kite.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't think HC classes are "worked" for 1v1. Remember, Heroes is based heavily off of WoW mechanics, and WoW is usually associated with group combat. We have the party function for a reason. I'm pretty sure a really good combatant can defeat any member of the TC in 1v1, but when the TC are organized in a group, they dominate. This is because they know how to fight in a group, and have a good balance of combat classes. Last I heard they didn't have healers, because no group has arisen yet that knows how to group-PvP that would necessitate the TC to need healers.

I'm not really opposing the argument, I agree that nerfs are always in order, whether it's stupid people wanting their class to be more OP or an underappreciated class wanting more to work with. You can't please everyone. I have work to do, so I'll leave this here.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think HC classes are "worked" for 1v1. Remember, Heroes is based heavily off of WoW mechanics, and WoW is usually associated with group combat. We have the party function for a reason. I'm pretty sure a really good combatant can defeat any member of the TC in 1v1, but when the TC are organized in a group, they dominate. This is because they know how to fight in a group, and have a good balance of combat classes. Last I heard they didn't have healers, because no group has arisen yet that knows how to group-PvP that would necessitate the TC to need healers.

I'm not really opposing the argument, I agree that nerfs are always in order, whether it's stupid people wanting their class to be more OP or an underappreciated class wanting more to work with. You can't please everyone. I have work to do, so I'll leave this here.
barn

smoke into a blitz
Skill's still work if they got it bind'd it too you, even when your smoked, like bolt. It uncloaks you, so its not even worth the effort at this point, knowing that a caster can go full combos in 1-2 seconds. Casters could just use root, then iceboat to take the ninja out of escape artist, then get nuked down. 2.5 seconds isn't really that long, hell 5 seconds isn't that long. They should put the old kick back in, it was only nerved because the only skill it was shutting down, was fireball.

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
Skill's still work if they got it bind'd it too you, even when your smoked, like bolt. It uncloaks you, so its not even worth the effort at this point, knowing that a caster can go full combos in 1-2 seconds. Casters could just use root, then iceboat to take the ninja out of escape artist, then get nuked down. 2.5 seconds isn't really that long, hell 5 seconds isn't that long. They should put the old kick back in, it was only nerved because the only skill it was shutting down, was fireball.
why would someone bind a skill to you?

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
fine then, screw blitz, switch it with garrote