• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Boston Bombing

Carlover1234

Obsidian
I just wanna say I hope all the people that were affected in today's bombing in Boston are okay and will hopefully recover as best they can. I hope the very best for Boston and I hope they rise up from this unfortunate tragedy.

Mirelva

Wood
Agreed 1 of my teachers was wounded in this tragedy and we get to see him within a few days of recovery. Sick things people do.

Yup[DOUBLEPOST=1366083786,1366083756][/DOUBLEPOST]We were planning to watch at the finish line. Thank god we didn't[DOUBLEPOST=1366083806][/DOUBLEPOST]+1 to injured/dead if I went

Agreed 1 of my teachers was wounded in this tragedy and we get to see him within a few days of recovery. Sick things people do.
We were planning to watch at the finish line. Thank god we didn't

+1 to injured/dead if I went and my cousin was injured D:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
All I can say is:

644698_503760993012490_2030757713_n.jpg

The ''first'' world, so glorious!

MoralShit.JPG

To all people disagreeing, I'd like to see you post why you do so :)

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
EtKEnn - Any murder is a tragedy. This tragedy is getting more press because it happened in America, but that doesn't make it less tragic. Moreover, the Boston Marathon is really an international event.

No one is saying that murder in the Middle East isn't tragic! However, if something happens in your own country, it hits a little closer to home. Don't attack Americans for being concerned for a bombing that happened in our country.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
EtKEnn - Any murder is a tragedy. This tragedy is getting more press because it happened in America, but that doesn't make it less tragic. Moreover, the Boston Marathon is really an international event.

No one is saying that murder in the Middle East isn't tragic! However, if something happens in your own country, it hits a little closer to home. Don't attack Americans for being concerned for a bombing that happened in our country.
If media doesnt get money from the tragedy, over 90% of the world will either not know or not give a fuck about the tragedy.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
EtKEnn - Any murder is a tragedy. This tragedy is getting more press because it happened in America, but that doesn't make it less tragic.
>Implying that just because it has more press and is in America it is just as tragic as any kind of murder in the middle east
>tfw 31 deaths in Iraq is no bigger tragedy than 2 deaths in US because it's US.

I don't get that logic.

ilir

Gold
>Implying that just because it has more press and is in America it is just as tragic as any kind of murder in the middle east
>tfw 31 deaths in Iraq is no bigger tragedy than 2 deaths in US because it's US.

I don't get that logic.

This.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2

I don't get that logic.
America is the center of the Earth and only Americans have any meaning in this world, so of course people would start giving fucks only if Americans die.

ilir

Gold
America is the center of the Earth and only Americans have any meaning in this world, so of course people would start giving fucks only if Americans die.
The world doesn't revolve around America nor any other. It's all a big delicate system.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
-Snip snip sniiiiiiiiiiii111i11i1i11i1i1i1i11iiiiiiip-

Indeed. My guess is that people only care about this sort of thing because it has been in the news. ''Terrorism'' is a hot topic, and it often creates some form of discussion/statement/emotion. Death, on the other hand, nobody gives a crap about, especially in a context like this, whereas very little is personal.

What Jack said was true. People care more for what happens to their own people than they do for other people. Stupid, yes, but I have a feeling that's just due to human nature. Or is it? I don't know, ask a psychologist.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7

I don't get that logic.
I don't really follow what you're trying to say, but I agree that it's stupid when people think America is all that matters and they ignore the rest of the world. However, I don't think it's appropriate to hijack a thread about a tragedy and use it as a soapbox.

If a tragedy happens, are you saying that we can't talk about it or cover it in the media if there are other, greater tragedies occurring elsewhere? Moreover, it makes sense that we're talking about it. It happened in our country. It makes sense that our media is covering it extensively. It happened in our country.