• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage Suggestion

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
So I've been told Bloodmage is built around 2v2 pvp while most classes are built on 1v1. To my knowledge Bloodmage has been focused on being damaging. The class currently has 13 skills which to me leaves room for new skills.
A couple of the skills need mana costs decreased. Transfuse only gives 125 mana for a cost of 100hp which seems to be asking for a lot for so little.

The self heals aren't that great. BloodRitual is fine. BloodBond isn't really that great as a party heal which leads me to think Bloodmage needs a new aoe heal.

Infusion shouldn't have a warm-up as it isn't that big of a heal.

I suggest some sort of root similar to Wizard that breaks on damage, but made to fit into bloodmage's big mana usage.

I think Siphonblood should not have a warm up as most of bloodmage's skills have warm ups and with them it is difficult to kite against mainly melee classes leading to it being difficult to even get Blood Union up without getting to under half health. Bloodmage could do fine against a mage/squish but really most classes do fine against them. Plus most classes have a silence which leads to bloodmage being countered by most classes and Bloodmage is pretty squishy.

Thickenblood should have a lower cooldown maybe 15sec instead of 25sec and the cost should be lower than 135 mana. The current state of it doesn't seem to be worth the 1.75sec-3sec of no stamina use which only really effects warriors.

Last edited:

MajDeath

Portal
You didn't tag me. :( I agree with all of this though, as every bit of it is SO TRUE.
I'm also going to point out that thanks to /skill Enlightenment and my top secret attribute build my mana gain is ever so slightly higher then that of the drain of BloodBond allowing the skill to remain active longer in a team fight, thus getting much more use out of it.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. So I've been told Bloodmage is built around 2v2 pvp while most classes are built on 1v1. To my knowledge Bloodmage has been focused on being damaging.

2. The class currently has 13 skills which to me leaves room for new skills.

3. Transfuse only gives 125 mana for a cost of 100hp which seems to be asking for a lot for so little.

4. The self heals aren't that great.

5. BloodBond isn't really that great as a party heal which leads me to think Bloodmage needs a new aoe heal.

6. Infusion shouldn't have a warm-up as it isn't that big of a heal.

7. I suggest some sort of root similar to Wizard that breaks on damage, but made to fit into bloodmage's big mana usage.
Thickenblood should have a lower cooldown maybe 15sec instead of 25sec and the cost should be lower than 135 mana. The current state of it doesn't seem to be worth the 1.75sec-3sec of no stamina use which only really effects warriors.

8. I think Siphonblood should not have a warm up as most of bloodmage's skills have warm ups and with them it is difficult to kite against mainly melee classes leading to it being difficult to even get Blood Union up without getting to under half health.

9. Bloodmage could do fine against a mage/squish but really most classes do fine against them. Plus most classes have a silence which leads to bloodmage being countered by most classes and Bloodmage is pretty squishy.
1. BloodMage is designed to have at least one partner that can benefit from BloodBond, otherwise the class is sub-optimal. Are you suggesting this changes?

2. 12-15 is normal for skills, and remember that brand new skills require coding and balancing of other skills to implement. Since you do not seem to have a clear direction to suggest for these new skills, it would be faster to first balance the current implementation.

3. Transfuse is a strong tool in the hands of a capable pvper. If you do not have at least an off-healer in your party, bring a health pot and try using Transfuse when you OOM. If you have a healer, Transfuse lets you have almost infinite mana and keep up your skills and BloodBond for a really long time, putting out DPS and Party heals that make Fists of Jin or HolyAura look like Beacon Regen.

4. See point 1. I really want to make sure you understand Bloodmage is not meant to be strong alone, as you immediately acknowledge that but then raise several points which seem to ignore it!

5. BloodBond is a great off-heal for your party, but it requires resource management based around either HIGHLY skilled rotations or having a main healer. Without a healer, BloodBond requires management of Mana, Stamina, while Healing AND Using HP as a reagent. There is no other class on the server like it in terms of difficulty.

6. Infusion is a nice juicy heal. WHEN CAST ON ANOTHER PERSON. See #1. When cast on yourself, the health reagent eats half of the base heal. Also consider using more wisdom for your build if you find that heals and BloodBond are sub-optimal, and don't forget that Infusion increases up to 12% based on BU.

7. I brought your ThickenBlood notes up to this spot. Increasing the amount of times you can stop someone from sprinting while not increasing the "melee class silence" duration of the skill would be a nice solution. What if ThickenBlood lowered Stamina to zero, then restored to normal, then it went back to zero once more, then restored. This would assist BM in kiting, and suits a DoT/non-bursty class better than a break-on-damage root.
Lore: This would make the skill seem like the thick blood is working to get past the magic but cannot at first, and must pump it's way through.

8. Removing the Warm-up on SiphonBlood would make the skill incredibly strong, and deviate from other similar single target life steal skills like Necromancer's DrainSoul or DreadKnight's SoulLeech, which all have warm-ups. This would require balancing of other aspects of the class if implemented.

9. #9 is an example of useless fluff. Try to avoid things like this in your posts, the over generalization of the expected pvp results and the hyperbole ("everyone has a silence") distracts from your valid points.

TL : DR
This post is suggesting a rework not a rebalancing, some of the changes are pretty drastic by themselves much less in conjunction. That's fine, it could be a good starting place for a full rework.
#7 is a good starting place for a rebalancing that helps BM kite more easily.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Transfuse only gives 125 mana for a cost of 100hp which seems to be asking for a lot for so little.

I'm gonna focus on this, since it's the only thin I can place input on.

Lets look at Necro's Mana skill:

Dark Ritual: You sacrifice 100 health to gain 200 mana.
Costs: 100 Hp (Most of which can be restored via Drainsoul and leave Mana for another skill)

Compare that to BM's Mana skill:
Tansfuse: You convert 100 of your health to 125 mana.
Cost: 100 HP

Notice the reward on Transfuse, which is essentially the same as DR, has a lower return.
And say you attempt to heal this off with Infusion, which will take 65 of the 125 mana you just restored, leaving you with a measly 60 Mana gained, you regain 35 + 1.375/Wis (Due to a 30hp cost) and then that is decreased by the self heal % drop
(If it's not someone let me know, the wikki doesn't state it is but from what I remember all heals do less when self targeting)

Obviously transfuse has a reason for be a crappier version or DR, but what is that?
At least give BM the 200 mana like DR, it would more sense that class that is used to using it's own life force would be able to get a good return

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
What if thickenblood Filled up one or two more hunger each time the blood "pumped"? It would still drop to 0 but the next tick it might jump to 5 instead of 3, And about siphonblood not being a good kite ability, If it slowed for a small amount maybe 10-20% would that be ok? I only got BM to 24 and didnt pvp with it so sorry if these are bad ideas

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Notice the reward on Transfuse, which is essentially the same as DR, has a lower return.
2. And say you attempt to heal this off with Infusion, which will take 65 of the 125 mana you just restored, leaving you with a measly 60 Mana gained, you regain 35 + 1.375/Wis (Due to a 30hp cost) and then that is decreased by the self heal % drop
(If it's not someone let me know, the wikki doesn't state it is but from what I remember all heals do less when self targeting)

3. Obviously transfuse has a reason for be a crappier version or DR, but what is that?
At least give BM the 200 mana like DR, it would more sense that class that is used to using it's own life force would be able to get a good return
1. The idea is that Health is less valuable to a Bloodmage since they can manipulate it. Health sacrificed by a necro, who's main defense is kiting or damage mitigation, is harder to recover. That is the logic behind it.

2. Infusion also increases by 3% per BU.

3. It will never have 100 health for 200 mana, unless resource costs are also increased etc, see below. What is more likely to happen is something like 150 hp for 200 mana or 100 Hp for 150 mana. This change could be something that is needed to make the skill Transfuse a reliable part of the rotation, as it has been underused in recent implementations.

New Transfuse: Bloodmage sacrifices 100 hp to gain 200 mana, lowers Blood Union by 1 (requires 1 Blood Union to use).

Last edited:

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I also would like to suggest classes be built around 5v5 pvp. Dsawemd, you told me classes are built around 1v1 due to current state of low pvp. I believe building around 5v5 would increase group pvp and pvp itself.

I still think bloodmage could use another aoe heal while keeping BloodBond. Doesn't have to effect the user.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
New Transfuse: Bloodmage sacrifices 100 hp to gain 200 mana, lowers Blood Union by 1 (requires 1 Blood Union to use).

This seems to be a good idea. Now, as I have never aged and doubt I will play BM, I don't know how well any of this would work.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Can't say I've really read the thread, and probably won't, but I'm going to drop some info on the Bloodmage Concept Because I'm bored and this seems like a good place to do it. I'm not going to really say anything towards the balance side of things, but rather, explain why certain things are the way they are.

The Bloodmage was designed to be a Highly Offensive based Healer. It was meant to be the "Wizard" of the healing archetype, while keeping his roots in healing.

If a Wizard was able to 1v1 a class in 10 seconds, the Bloodmage could accomplish it in 15-20. That is to say, he has decent damage output, and can hold his own against most classes, but it takes him longer to do so, and comes with larger risks.

Transfuse is supposed to be the bread and butter of his whole design, and also the promoting risk factor. The Bloodmage uses his Blood for all actions. How does he use his Blood? He Transfuses it into Mana. Simple, no? However the old Bloodmage did not work this way. The old Bloodmage spent his HP directly within the spell. When I made the design shift to rely on Transfuse for the concept, his Mana costs went up, and his health costs went down (or were removed entirely).

With his current design, a Bloodmage should be forced to Transfuse very frequently during EVERY fight to maintain this idea.

However, any class spending a large amount of their HP by converting it to mana, is sure to be put down very quickly. This plays into the risk factor for his 1v1 design. SIphonBlood is your main defense against this. It allows the loop to continue throughout the fight.

He is always putting himself at risk by transfusing. He is always sustaining his own HP by taking it from others.

----
"The Blood Cycle"

Bloodmage A has full HP and full mana.
Activating a damaging ability reduces his mana.
Low mana means he must convert his blood into mana via Transfuse.
Bloodmage A now has full mana, but low HP.
Bloodmage A uses SiphonBlood, and how has moderately high HP, and moderately high mana.
----

The above cycle can, and should, repeat several times throughout the fight. SiphonBlood allows him to balance the two out. The Bloodmage is using his own Blood to end your life, but your life is what maintains the life of the Bloodmage. Without this "Cycle of Blood", he should be very limited in his potential.

And that is the core design of the Bloodmage. He has high mana costs to force transfusions. However, he has a spammable heal that has a relatively low mana cost. The kicker, of course, is that he can only cast it in combat. He maintains his HP, and mana, via absorbing the life of his enemies.

So where does the rest of his skillset come in? Well, that's largely irrelevant. He can do it Inbetween the cycles, or it can be part of the cycle itself.

The idea is that he can spend his HP/Mana to do damaging or supporting type behaviors, such as healing, debuffing, buffing, or other misc concepts. However, he must constantly maintain his cycle in order to continually perform such actions. BloodBond is supposed to have a dominant role here. It exists to allow the Bloodmage to be supportive during his oh so selfish "Cycle of Blood". He cannot stop Draining life, and he cannot stop converting that life to mana. In order to allow him to help his allies in this unending cycle, he needs BloodBond.

Healing was chosen to be the primary function of BloodBond, but it didn't necessarily have to be the cast. Although, I'd argue that healing was the best way to implement it.

-----

So what about BloodUnion? Well, BloodUnion was really only something that was added to make the "Blood Cycle" more engaging. Doing something like forcing Transfuse to require BloodUnion, is somewhat silly for this reason. Such a change would halt the cycle, it introduces a kink, and it also slows down the progress of "Unleashing your BloodUnion". Which is a relatively large nerf.

If the Bloodmage is not playing similarly to how I described above, then something is probably not where it needs to be. If players aren't wanting to use BloodBond in pretty much every situation, then it probably needs tweaked too.

Just remember these things:
The Cycle should not be removed.
The Cycle should not be conditional.
The Cycle should somehow assist his allies, or harm his foes. (BloodUnion plays in here. BloodRitual / BoilBlood)
He should not be able to perform at maximum capacity without the cycle.
He should not be able to perform for extended periods of time without the cycle.
If he is performing heavy support tasks, it should hinder his offensive output.
If he is performing heavy offensive tasks, it should hinder his supportive output.

----------
The above ideas is also why his heals suck so much when cast on himself. A self heal bypasses the cycle. It allows him to sustain himself without forcing him into a transfuse loop. His Blood is his mana and his mana is his blood. Allowing him to obtain infinite amounts of both without the cycle is something i desperately tried to avoid. His true healthbar doesn't deplete until his mana bar goes with it. (Or of course if he's bursted down.)

(The above reason is actually why BloodRitual is useful on himself. It requires the cycle for him to even be able to cast it, so it's fine that he benefits from the ability almost as much as anyone else would. )

But yeah, those are the design concepts, and the reasons why some things exist. You may not agree with everything, but that's just how it is. Naturally, because I'm not really heavily involved in these things anymore, it doesn't have to stay this way. But if the balance team / coders wish to modify the class to a large amount, I would simply suggest to revamp the class altogether. His current playstyle relies on these concepts, and changing them is unlikely to produce good results. If you're going to keep the class as it is now, I would just suggest keeping everything I've mentioned in mind.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Idk what to say about this but making the healer spec into "support" is downright fuckin stupid like rlly......... I pretty much bring that up whenever someone talks about :"support" how about he instead of labeling them as support we just make them into what they really should be
IMO Bloodmage should be a healer that focuses on stealing hp moderate heals and more dps cuz I mean rlly siphon blood starts off at what 50 damage? GG seems good -_- Bloodmage was nerfed to oblivion, people say goon is new bm but they don't know how fuckin bad bm is I mean in the right hands its ok-good but it should just get downright buffs...... I mean paladin is tankier has more utility and more heals and more dps then bm...... tbh last map bloodmage and druid where my 2 favorite classes....... now its just (even after druid nerfs) go druid cuz the dps on druid is pretty nice if you kite and has god heals

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
1 idea could be add like 1 more dps skill and like 3 more heals? ( @Dsawemd yeah cuz I mean a healer/mage should have just above average skills like rlly?) make heals take mana make damage skills take health

Can't say I've really read the thread, and probably won't, but I'm going to drop some info on the Bloodmage Concept Because I'm bored and this seems like a good place to do it. I'm not going to really say anything towards the balance side of things, but rather, explain why certain things are the way they are.

The Bloodmage was designed to be a Highly Offensive based Healer. It was meant to be the "Wizard" of the healing archetype, while keeping his roots in healing.

If a Wizard was able to 1v1 a class in 10 seconds, the Bloodmage could accomplish it in 15-20. That is to say, he has decent damage output, and can hold his own against most classes, but it takes him longer to do so, and comes with larger risks.

Transfuse is supposed to be the bread and butter of his whole design, and also the promoting risk factor. The Bloodmage uses his Blood for all actions. How does he use his Blood? He Transfuses it into Mana. Simple, no? However the old Bloodmage did not work this way. The old Bloodmage spent his HP directly within the spell. When I made the design shift to rely on Transfuse for the concept, his Mana costs went up, and his health costs went down (or were removed entirely).

With his current design, a Bloodmage should be forced to Transfuse very frequently during EVERY fight to maintain this idea.

However, any class spending a large amount of their HP by converting it to mana, is sure to be put down very quickly. This plays into the risk factor for his 1v1 design. SIphonBlood is your main defense against this. It allows the loop to continue throughout the fight.

He is always putting himself at risk by transfusing. He is always sustaining his own HP by taking it from others.

----
"The Blood Cycle"

Bloodmage A has full HP and full mana.
Activating a damaging ability reduces his mana.
Low mana means he must convert his blood into mana via Transfuse.
Bloodmage A now has full mana, but low HP.
Bloodmage A uses SiphonBlood, and how has moderately high HP, and moderately high mana.
----

The above cycle can, and should, repeat several times throughout the fight. SiphonBlood allows him to balance the two out. The Bloodmage is using his own Blood to end your life, but your life is what maintains the life of the Bloodmage. Without this "Cycle of Blood", he should be very limited in his potential.

And that is the core design of the Bloodmage. He has high mana costs to force transfusions. However, he has a spammable heal that has a relatively low mana cost. The kicker, of course, is that he can only cast it in combat. He maintains his HP, and mana, via absorbing the life of his enemies.

So where does the rest of his skillset come in? Well, that's largely irrelevant. He can do it Inbetween the cycles, or it can be part of the cycle itself.

The idea is that he can spend his HP/Mana to do damaging or supporting type behaviors, such as healing, debuffing, buffing, or other misc concepts. However, he must constantly maintain his cycle in order to continually perform such actions. BloodBond is supposed to have a dominant role here. It exists to allow the Bloodmage to be supportive during his oh so selfish "Cycle of Blood". He cannot stop Draining life, and he cannot stop converting that life to mana. In order to allow him to help his allies in this unending cycle, he needs BloodBond.

Healing was chosen to be the primary function of BloodBond, but it didn't necessarily have to be the cast. Although, I'd argue that healing was the best way to implement it.

-----

So what about BloodUnion? Well, BloodUnion was really only something that was added to make the "Blood Cycle" more engaging. Doing something like forcing Transfuse to require BloodUnion, is somewhat silly for this reason. Such a change would halt the cycle, it introduces a kink, and it also slows down the progress of "Unleashing your BloodUnion". Which is a relatively large nerf.

If the Bloodmage is not playing similarly to how I described above, then something is probably not where it needs to be. If players aren't wanting to use BloodBond in pretty much every situation, then it probably needs tweaked too.

Just remember these things:
The Cycle should not be removed.
The Cycle should not be conditional.
The Cycle should somehow assist his allies, or harm his foes. (BloodUnion plays in here. BloodRitual / BoilBlood)
He should not be able to perform at maximum capacity without the cycle.
He should not be able to perform for extended periods of time without the cycle.
If he is performing heavy support tasks, it should hinder his offensive output.
If he is performing heavy offensive tasks, it should hinder his supportive output.

----------
The above ideas is also why his heals suck so much when cast on himself. A self heal bypasses the cycle. It allows him to sustain himself without forcing him into a transfuse loop. His Blood is his mana and his mana is his blood. Allowing him to obtain infinite amounts of both without the cycle is something i desperately tried to avoid. His true healthbar doesn't deplete until his mana bar goes with it. (Or of course if he's bursted down.)

(The above reason is actually why BloodRitual is useful on himself. It requires the cycle for him to even be able to cast it, so it's fine that he benefits from the ability almost as much as anyone else would. )

But yeah, those are the design concepts, and the reasons why some things exist. You may not agree with everything, but that's just how it is. Naturally, because I'm not really heavily involved in these things anymore, it doesn't have to stay this way. But if the balance team / coders wish to modify the class to a large amount, I would simply suggest to revamp the class altogether. His current playstyle relies on these concepts, and changing them is unlikely to produce good results. If you're going to keep the class as it is now, I would just suggest keeping everything I've mentioned in mind.

It has too many warm ups and not enough damage for him to complete the cycle. It can be easily interrupted by melee classes. A good Ninja / Dragoon / Disciple / don't have a problem hindering this cycle. ( Or any class with mutiple interrupts/silences (Beguiler) )

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Lets just give bloodmage aoe layhands HoT that applies layahnds every .2 seconds for 78 seconds with a cd of 3 seconds

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Or we could give bloodmage a toggle able passive where it goes from healer to damager, blood union could be built up from healing as healer and by siphon/combust but make siphon and combust to 50% damage (throwing out numbers here) and make certin skills have different uses in different "phases" (healer phase or damager phase) like boil blood could be aoe HoT or Heal in healer and damage and DoT as damager?
I might go throw and throw a whole list of bloodmage skills with secondary uses with phases if anyone likes this idea

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I also would like to suggest classes be built around 5v5 pvp. Dsawemd, you told me classes are built around 1v1 due to current state of low pvp. I believe building around 5v5 would increase group pvp and pvp itself.

I still think bloodmage could use another aoe heal while keeping BloodBond. Doesn't have to effect the user.

Classes were designed around both 1v1 and 5v5+ PvP. Some classes were meant to be more favorable in 1v1, and some were meant to be more favorable in 5v5+. If balance was where it needed to be, all classes would have "some" sort of viability and effectiveness in both areas.

However, around Haven launch, the amount of "bodies" available for testing such scenarios were limited. It was mostly 1v1 testing, with occasional 2v2 and 3v3 situations. That's if the class was tested at all.

I was pretty swamped with attributes, and was unable to really put as much into the class balance as I would have liked.

It has too many warm ups and not enough damage for him to complete the cycle. It can be easily interrupted by melee classes. A good Ninja / Dragoon / Disciple / don't have a problem hindering this cycle. ( Or any class with mutiple interrupts/silences (Beguiler) )
The Warmups were added to make kiting less effective, and to add weight to the concept of the BloodCycle. His BloodUnion abilities do not have warmups to counteract this. Neither does ThickenBlood, his melee defense skill.

Now, ThickenBlood is supposed to be the main defense against these classes, but it is not supposed to be a "solve all your problems" kind of skill. Buffing the cooldown / duration of this skill could help alleviate some issues with those classes, if there is actually an issue. (I honestly don't know, as I am not active.)

The Bloodmage class was a big victim of peer pressure and community whining. During Bastion, it was on a rollercoaster of being completely useless to grossly overpowered, and as such, counters, defenses, and offensive potency were changed regularly. Not to mention, it was hardly even tested for Haven release. I was forced to make several balance hotfixes at the start of Haven, and even after that, it was very weak in comparison to other classes. The effect that attributes had on it is almost completely unknown to me. This is Especially true for the last couple of months.

---
But, I do want to add that it isn't supposed to be "easy" to defeat melee classes. Healers have always had the upper hand on casters, and the lower hand vs. melee. It's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

MajDeath

Portal
The effect that attributes had on it is almost completely unknown to me. This is Especially true for the last couple of months.
Simply put, hybrids were hurt by the addition of attributes, this can be seen in Disciple, Bloodmage, and Dreadknight.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Another idea for Siphonblood or some other skill is to increase the range on it. In the time it takes to use it with it's range becoming silenced/canceled out is easy.

As for Health to Mana type skills maybe Bloodmage should get some more Consitution. I get maybe 15-20% mana granted back from Transfuse and lose good chunk of health.

Using Transfuse, then SiphonBlood for hp just brings me back to the original situation of no mana. No mana = use transfuse = low hp again = siphonblood = repeat.

With Transfuse, you have to think about the damage a Bloodmage is taking while in combat. It's really tricky since Bloodmage can be brought down to low health quick as Siphonblood heals me like half a heart(with scaling maybe 2 hearts) and building full Int as a bloodmage doesn't seem smart to do as you need con for hp, end just to get leather armor, and some wisdom. Plus at some point there is not enough health to use skills.

Bloodmage feels like a caster/mage class if anything, I mean it has mage in it's name. Maybe Shaman should become support and bloodmage go with necro, wizard, beguiler, pyro.

Most classes can burst damage which can kill BM easy with it's low defense.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I also would like to suggest classes be built around 5v5 pvp. Dsawemd, you told me classes are built around 1v1 due to current state of low pvp. I believe building around 5v5 would increase group pvp and pvp itself..
Disclaimer: The quick conversation we had regarding the state of pvp and the fact that certain classes are better for soloing, while Bloodmage NEEDED a duo partner, was not a statement about overall pvp. Classes are NOT balanced around the amount of people you fight with. You understand that certain classes have high single target DPS while others have AoE, but that is not the same thing. Classes are NOT balanced by aiming for X vs. X.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that a solo Bloodmage was weak, and that you need to start with a solid knowledge if you want to do a rework.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Disclaimer: The quick conversation we had regarding the state of pvp and the fact that certain classes are better for soloing, while Bloodmage NEEDED a duo partner, was not a statement about overall pvp. Classes are NOT balanced around the amount of people you fight with. You understand that certain classes have high single target DPS while others have AoE, but that is not the same thing. Classes are NOT balanced by aiming for X vs. X.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that a solo Bloodmage was weak, and that you need to start with a solid knowledge if you want to do a rework.
I never suggested a solo bloodmage. You misunderstood. You can't duo when you are squishy, can't get hits off, or heal yourself. The chances of the bloodmage being focused in a fight is very strong. If you want, sit with your opinions of Bloodmage and leave it as it is and label it as

Bloodmage: Difficulty: Very Difficult