• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Bloodmage Suggestion

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I can 2v1 as a Bloodmage is the opponent(s) don't have a silence normally. Normally those I am 2v1ing or 3v1ing are noobs or people who don't know how to play a class and really, what class can't 2v1, it depends on what classes are involved in the fight.

Remember, BM is all about manipulating its HP through a fight. I brought a similar point earlier in this thread (Even have an entire breakdown of Dark Ritual somewhere on here), and it was shot down by concrete reasoning.
Health isn't that valuable or hard to get for a Necromancer in my eyes. Drainsoul heals 120% of damage. With 35 int, you can heal about 96hp with that and with like max things in my earlier post you heal 108hp I think it was with Siphonblood. They have equal costs, Siphonblood has less cooldown but Necro can use it more due to having more mana. To me necro doesn't have problems recovering health since they can get a decent amount of hp healed and just burst more with damage on the opponent.

With transfuse, I would drop the HP cost instead of raising mana reward OR give bloodmage more Constitution.

I don't understand how health is LESS valuable to a bloodmage, I mean isn't the point of the class to use HP for things, plus the self heals on bloodmage aren't that great unless you can get BloodRitual off. Once you get to BloodUnion 3/4 you have to choose to either BoilBlood(damage) or BloodRitual(heal).

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. I can 2v1 as a Bloodmage is the opponent(s) don't have a silence normally. Normally those I am 2v1ing or 3v1ing are noobs or people who don't know how to play a class and really, what class can't 2v1, it depends on what classes are involved in the fight.

2. -SNIP-

3. With transfuse, I would drop the HP cost instead of raising mana reward OR give bloodmage more Constitution.

4. I don't understand how health is LESS valuable to a bloodmage, I mean isn't the point of the class to use HP for things, plus the self heals on bloodmage aren't that great unless you can get BloodRitual off. Once you get to BloodUnion 3/4 you have to choose to either BoilBlood(damage) or BloodRitual(heal).
1. Yes, individual skill matters. We don't balance around it beyond having a vague idea of where skill caps are for the "Skill-Polarizing Classes" which clearly divide people into two categories: Those who Can, and Those who Can't (example: BM, Ranger, Engineer, etc.) and the skill floors for simpler class mechanics like Paladin or Miner.

2. Necro =/= BM

3. and 4. Health management is more important to a Bloodmage. Therefore Health is MORE valuable to a Bloodmage, Yes the point of the class is to use HP for skills, therefore the self heals and damage for Bloodmage cannot be "that great" unless you get to BloodUnion 3/4 and choose damage or heals, which requires successfully utilization of a mechanic that has above-average (for Herocraft) complexity.

It is dangerous to give a class that relies on HP management so heavily the changes you suggest in #3 when PvPers like Franky are testifying here that the class is doing alright. Perhaps the skill cap and floor could meet, lowering both the difficulty and the "op" potential of the class.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
BM's range got buffed on test or something. I dueled michaelRL, a bloodmage, as a cleric and quickly lost. it's dps is high enough to negate my heals and it's range seems to have gotten buffed recently. I can no longer outrun bloodmages as cleric to reset their bloodunion as I used to when fighting them. This post may seem kind of ragey, but ill tag @MichaelRL and he'll agree that something has changed recently.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
BM's range got buffed on test or something. I dueled michaelRL, a bloodmage, as a cleric and quickly lost. it's dps is high enough to negate my heals and it's range seems to have gotten buffed recently. I can no longer outrun bloodmages as cleric to reset their bloodunion as I used to when fighting them. This post may seem kind of ragey, but ill tag @MichaelRL and he'll agree that something has changed recently.
Siphonblood and Combustblood's range scales with INT, so more INT = more range. Checked the patch notes and there isn't any range buff that was mentioned, tested both in live server and test. With 35 int + Enlightenment (+15 Intellect), siphon and combust has a range of 15 blocks.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, remember that pvp in test server is different from actual pvp in the live server. The only reason why I won so many 1v2s and fights that I was already half health from the start is because of the mana bucket from /gear in the test server that provided me mana. Also unlike the test server, theres speed 2 potions in the live server. Bloodmage has no mobility so even if I did have a speed 2 pot, I still have to stop sprinting, turn around, wait for my warmup to go off for my spells to deal damage - so while doing that, if you did have a speed 2 pot, you would be all over my face already while I was casting my spells.

Avoir

Obsidian
I can 2v1 as a Bloodmage is the opponent(s) don't have a silence normally. Normally those I am 2v1ing or 3v1ing are noobs or people who don't know how to play a class and really, what class can't 2v1, it depends on what classes are involved in the fight.

Health isn't that valuable or hard to get for a Necromancer in my eyes. Drainsoul heals 120% of damage. With 35 int, you can heal about 96hp with that and with like max things in my earlier post you heal 108hp I think it was with Siphonblood. They have equal costs, Siphonblood has less cooldown but Necro can use it more due to having more mana. To me necro doesn't have problems recovering health since they can get a decent amount of hp healed and just burst more with damage on the opponent.

With transfuse, I would drop the HP cost instead of raising mana reward OR give bloodmage more Constitution.

I don't understand how health is LESS valuable to a bloodmage, I mean isn't the point of the class to use HP for things, plus the self heals on bloodmage aren't that great unless you can get BloodRitual off. Once you get to BloodUnion 3/4 you have to choose to either BoilBlood(damage) or BloodRitual(heal).
I don't know if kk is a good rune blade, but if you're implying that I'm a bad paladin then you're pretty derp...

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah, I wasn't saying Necro = Bloodmage. I was going for comparing skills that the two classes have in common that are adjusted to fit the individual class based on mana/damage and all that fun stuff.
I don't know if kk is a good rune blade, but if you're implying that I'm a bad paladin then you're pretty derp...
Never said anything about you being bad paladin against me in pvp. I was stating my personal experience as a bloodmage 2v1ing. I don't recall ever 2v1ing you and kk.

I'm going to wait until I am mastered on live as a Bloodmage as at the moment it's possible Bloodmage on live is stronger than test unless my build somehow changed without me noticing.