• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bible/come to Jesus

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
the moment you feel that others need to believe too, is the moment you become my enemy. You must let people come to the conclusion on their own
As I've been told, the extent of trying to spread the word is to let those who have *never* heard of it, hear of it, so that they are now able to come to the decision. If they hear of it and decide not to go to it, it is in fact their choice.
Of course, how people go through with it is a different story entirely and likely not the above.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
you know glob and others who think God is not real, if you think it that way then look at this viewpoint i have..
(Btw i am just posting my realization, i dont want to argue or anything)

... i will put it your way.. i have been an atheist before highschool.. so if i sum up my mind today.. (i am now a Christian, and forever will be)..

IF God is not real.. if all the religions is not real.. there is no Creator there is no Savior ..
then... what is the reason why we Live? what is our purpose then?..
i mean its no use now.. do we just live a happy life, face problems and just die? and after a few years everybody will forget about you.... placing the life spent on this world as worthless...
try looking at your life.. you just die in the end and people will forget about you... if we die.. our emotions and memories will die too.. so what is the use trying to enjoy your life if you will just forget everything about it when you die? to be honest.. i have came to this realization when i was grade 6... elementary.. and i have never felt so dead.. We Are Living a useless Life..

Living... Facing Problems... Enjoying Life to the Fullest... Dying... Forgetting Everything.. USELESS..
doesnt matter if you make every second of your life count.. cause if you die, you are erased.. your memories and everything.. its true you may be remembered by others.. but what you have lived for.. you will forget cause you are erased from existence..cause you are DEAD..
Summing it all up.. you are living to die, to be forgotten..
if all of us would come to this realization.. i bet 80% of the people today are already dead.. cause it is better to just Die and forget everything now ... than to live a life in this evil world full of pain and die, regretting from the decisions made and forget everything

haha... if this is Life... i would have blowed up my home.. i am not joking.. i am serious...

but alas! there is a God, with purpose and reason.. and i dont know about you guys.. but i will continue to hold on to that..
i may not convince you to believe in God but i will be praying for you guys..

i hope you have a great day today.. ~ God Bless

Saying that ''If God doesn't exist, then what is the purpose of life?'' is no arguement for the existance of God. It proves nothing. If anything, what you've just said is that you believe in God on the basis that you need something to make you feel happy about death (life, according to you, would be worthless if otherwise, right?).

Although it concerns me that you'd blow up your own house if it wasn't for God. Are you doing good just to see yourself go to heaven, or because you actually want to do good for the better of mankind?

You say that life is meaningless, is it? Think of the doctors, engineers, chemists and physicists who spent their life developing our understanding of the world. They created the modern world, free of natural dangers. They have all saved millions of lives, and you say that their work is meaningless? Take us back 4000 years when humans all lived in mud shacks, when you'd die from the common cold, when food was scarce and water was dirty; has our progress, since then, meant nothing to you?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
the wisdom of this world... has grown so vast that it has blinded itself.. =(

You're right, we should ignore all that 'wisdom' has given us through the years. Lets go back to thinking that the sun rises each day because God is literally lifting it up. If a tornado hits down on a city, lets just assume that the people of that city did something to make God unhappy.

Hell, while we're at it, lets ignore all that we have learned about the evolution of skin pigments and just assume that Black people are born evil and we should treat them as evil people.

Or maybe you want to step out in the real world and actually embrace everything that 'wisdom' has done for us. As soon as it questions the existence of God, however, you call it hogwash... Fair enough, let me try to find some solid evidence of God's existence. Wait right here, I promise I have endless evidence that God is real...

Fuck it, I've got nothing. Just realise that all you have is a storybook and faith that it might be all true. Good luck with that solid evidence.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Although I don't agree with vallad, when you post something like this you do nothing to advance your ideas. Cut the sarcasm and the garbage and maybe people can start to take you seriously.

Also, this thread should really get back to its original purpose.

Wow... sounds to me that you don't know a thing about creative writing. When you read the garbage he spewed, you can only come to the conclusion that he finds life in general a waste of time and that heaven is the real reason to be alive. The next logical assumption, at least to me, is that if someone feels that strongly about heaven and that negatively toward 'Earth Life' then they should indeed kill themselves to reach heaven as soon as they can.

To go as far as to say that if THIS is all there is in life that he'd blow up his house (insinuating killing himself, and probably his family to boot, might I add) then I don't think I said anything sarcastic or garbage related at all.

Also, this thread will never go back to it's 'original purpose' unless Herocraft's population was 100% Christian. Even then, it will lead astray.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
i am not trying to argue or prove anything, i am just posting what i honestly feel and think..
i dont want anyone to be pissed or anything.. sorry if i did though.. but really we cannot deny the fact that
we are living, to die...

well if you cannot accept Christianity.. cant you then just help the world to be better? than to be one of those people who put down others just go get to the top... even right now.. you are putting me down because i am just honestly adding what i really feel.. .. this is what makes life hard to enjoy.. me .. i want to enjoy life to the fullest and not be depressed all the time, in my old school.. i am getting picked on alot and labeled as "Weak", "kill joy", "Loser".. and i was hated.. because for 1 sole reason: i try to do Good things... i want to feel what it is like to have a friend and tell him what i think and have someone to face my problems with together.. but its hard for me to do that knowing the people around me are putting me down.. wait lets change that.. lets say they are crushing me.. i dont know why.. i am just minding my own business .. and i get mocked alot .. cause im blind and weak..
i am not getting affected by what they say about me.. i even use it as motivation sometimes to keep me going, cause the only ones left that are supporting me are my parents.. what makes it hard to live around this society i am revolving at is that i get rejected when i try to do new things.. all the time i am rejected.. not once i was accepted.. that is what makes it hard for me to live my life to the fullest.. because people are putting down the weak.. even though the weak strive to be strong.. i just get cutted down, i once had 2 friends.. but later in the future i was betrayed by them.. the only ones that is left supporting me is my parents..

i turned to God and his word.. because it gave me inspiration.. it gave me knowledge that there is still Hope... i know that it is really doubtful to believe in someone who is not seen.. i too have those doubts.. but His word has really helped me alot so i just discard those doubts..
i dont know about you guys though.. i dont want to convince you or anything.. i am not proving anything or trying to argue with you guys.. i am just posting what i honestly feel and think..

P.S: i am not trying to live to go to Heaven.. i am living so i can see the creator and to spend the rest of my life with Him

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Wow... sounds to me that you don't know a thing about creative writing. When you read the garbage he spewed, you can only come to the conclusion that he finds life in general a waste of time and that heaven is the real reason to be alive. The next logical assumption, at least to me, is that if someone feels that strongly about heaven and that negatively toward 'Earth Life' then they should indeed kill themselves to reach heaven as soon as they can.

To go as far as to say that if THIS is all there is in life that he'd blow up his house (insinuating killing himself, and probably his family to boot, might I add) then I don't think I said anything sarcastic or garbage related at all.

Also, this thread will never go back to it's 'original purpose' unless Herocraft's population was 100% Christian. Even then, it will lead astray.
He is saying God gives life purpose on Earth, not that you should kill yourself because its so miserable.If the population was 100% Christian this thread wouldn't have a purpose. Instead perhaps I would have made a fellowship thread. This was meant to be an evangelism thread.( which I would like to get it back to if you and your compadres would be kind enough to let me)

P.S. If you would, please tell me how to tag people. Thanks!:)

Weikauno

Coder
alright, we really should stop arguing, I'm sorry for arguing with people, it was wrong of me to do that, and now, I ask that those people just let alone with this thread so we can use it for what it was supposed to be used for. Sorry for the trouble, bob_de_blastoise. Globjako, believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I'll believe, and that's that. I look forward to many better things here than how it's been going. Guten tag, and may God be with us all.

Acepox

Gold
i am not trying to argue or prove anything, i am just posting what i honestly feel and think..
i dont want anyone to be pissed or anything.. sorry if i did though.. but really we cannot deny the fact that
we are living, to die...

well if you cannot accept Christianity.. cant you then just help the world to be better? than to be one of those people who put down others just go get to the top... even right now.. you are putting me down because i am just honestly adding what i really feel.. .. this is what makes life hard to enjoy.. me .. i want to enjoy life to the fullest and not be depressed all the time, in my old school.. i am getting picked on alot and labeled as "Weak", "kill joy", "Loser".. and i was hated.. because for 1 sole reason: i try to do Good things... i want to feel what it is like to have a friend and tell him what i think and have someone to face my problems with together.. but its hard for me to do that knowing the people around me are putting me down.. wait lets change that.. lets say they are crushing me.. i dont know why.. i am just minding my own business .. and i get mocked alot .. cause im blind and weak..
i am not getting affected by what they say about me.. i even use it as motivation sometimes to keep me going, cause the only ones left that are supporting me are my parents.. what makes it hard to live around this society i am revolving at is that i get rejected when i try to do new things.. all the time i am rejected.. not once i was accepted.. that is what makes it hard for me to live my life to the fullest.. because people are putting down the weak.. even though the weak strive to be strong.. i just get cutted down, i once had 2 friends.. but later in the future i was betrayed by them.. the only ones that is left supporting me is my parents..

i turned to God and his word.. because it gave me inspiration.. it gave me knowledge that there is still Hope... i know that it is really doubtful to believe in someone who is not seen.. i too have those doubts.. but His word has really helped me alot so i just discard those doubts..
i dont know about you guys though.. i dont want to convince you or anything.. i am not proving anything or trying to argue with you guys.. i am just posting what i honestly feel and think..

P.S: i am not trying to live to go to Heaven.. i am living so i can see the creator and to spend the rest of my life with Him

We, humans, live because we have evolved from primates and inferior humanoids. We have learned to speak and use tools. Every human's goal in life now, is to answer questions. Everytime something happens, it must have a reason. The question needs an answer. That is how religions were born. Because people didn't have the technology to gain answers, and so they decided to create answers.

What are gods really? The gods didn't create us to their image, we created the gods in our image. We became gods. Just look at the Great wall of China, the Pyramids of Kheops, Cathedral Notre-Dame-De-Paris, the Moon Landing, the climate change, Aren't these godlike things? What other living being could do such things?

Now, we have the technology to find those answers. Spaceships, telescope, microscopes, quantum technology, satellites, a Space Station. Sooner or later, we'll find aliens. Will they be technologically inferior or superior to us? We could fall on a "newborn" planet, where the aliens are still cells and micro-organisms. Or an old polluted planet, where the sapient aliens did not find a way to prevent pollution, and they're all dying.

Now we know what is the Sun, what are Tornados, Lightning, Rain, Stars, the Moon, Clouds, Volcanoes, we know the Earth is a Sphere.
Can't religions evolve? It has become obvious now we haven't been magically created. Yet, there still is a question without answer. Where did the Big Bang come from? I suggest religions too, should evolve, like everything in the Universe, and concentrate their efforts on that answer-less question: The Big Bang.
I do not find religions stupid. I find the fact that they cannot evolve, is stupid.

good to see that this has turned into another religion bashing thread, if people want to believe that a bearded guy sitting on a cloud is controling everything behind the scenes that's fine. I'm not a religious person and I never will be, for me religion has too many rules and contradictions that make it lack the flexibility and adaptability to function in every situation you might encounter, but a lot of the ideas behind almost every religion (since they all boil down to the exact same thing anyway) can be good to think on and can be of help to anyone weather or not you believe it all. Life is one big mountain, we can all take different paths but we're headed to the same place in the end.

Acepox

Gold
Put here's a question.
What happens to animals in christianity? What are they, to god? Why do they live? Do they go to heaven? Why/ why not?

Weikauno

Coder
Put here's a question.
What happens to animals in christianity? What are they, to god? Why do they live? Do they go to heaven? Why/ why not?

personally, I believe no one goes to heaven when they die. So, hereby I believe that animals do not go to heaven. As Christians we are to be stewards of the earth, taking care of it and all that lives in it. They live to be companions of humans, and food sources for humans, and many of them just to balance food webs and such. that is what I believe.

Acepox

Gold
personally, I believe no one goes to heaven when they die. So, hereby I believe that animals do not go to heaven. As Christians we are to be stewards of the earth, taking care of it and all that lives in it. They live to be companions of humans, and food sources for humans, and many of them just to balance food webs and such. that is what I believe.

Yeah right, its a good thing you don't follow any crazy old man's orders nor believe the bible by the word, but I'm asking about real christianity.

by real christianity you seem to mean extremist/literalist christianity, and seeing as there's no mention of it in the bible and animals have no decision making abilities on trhe same level as humans they must be carrying out the actions God intended therefore they kind of have to be going to heaven. Another way to look at it is that they aren't as mentally developed as humans, can't make the choices and weigh up the information and aren't susceptible to temptation so they couldn't possible go to heaven or hell because they didn't choose 'good' or 'evil' and don't even have the concepts of good or evil. Another way to look at it is that logic has no place in anything to do with religion but personally I think adding logic and reason into religion opens it up to being much more useful and much more likely to actually help people.