• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Benefiting From Exploiting - Ban Or No Ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, so recently after experience one end of exploting I've been thinking about this a lot. My very simple question is... when a case comes up where someone exploits to obtain items or enter regioned areas... what true punishment is given.

I understand theres probbably a process and a punishment that is not apparent to the general community of players, but im curious whats really done about it.

Its probbably been brought up, my thought is... think of it in this case. You have a regioned home, no way in unless you glitch in. Then, Bob (well call him bob) glitches into the regioned home, Whether accidently or purposely. So next, he sees lots of chests, some open, some lwced, and some with dirt in front of them. So he goes to the dirt, and breaks them and manages to exploit through the dirt and open the chests behind them, and takes lets say in this case 10 melons (as an example).

Next step, its reported by home owner, and Bob is caught. Gets a 3 day ban. Thats great, but what happens when 3 day ban is over. Bob comes back on and says awsome, i just waited out a 3 day ban and got free stuff, or in another case gets the free stuffs, sells it, and now has X amount of coins.

Understandable, the house owner doesn't get there stuff back, but does Bob get to keep whatever he took. What else happens other then the obvious ban.

Hopefully this gets some positive comments, because I'm sure im not the only one that thought of this.

Edit: Hope I haven't crossed any lines or asked for too much details. Just one of things im truly curious about

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I understand the rule of not allowing the player to get the stolen items back, but not removing the items or the coin in some cases, just shows the player they can exploit once, get rich off of it and come back after a three day ban and continue on as usual.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
It's bannable. I'd say that is better than remove coins and items.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
I think its more for the lines of when its a first time, lets say a 3 day ban, which is for sure a punishment. But a smart person could technically find the jackpot, lots of gold, get caught and banned for 3 days, but profit. I know quite a few people who say logically, it makes sense to get so much gold quickly, and just take 3 days off.

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Krypto - I couldn't agree with you more. I know about your situation, and just days after it happened to you, someone glitched into my personal region and stole tons of items. It wasn't an accident - it wasn't a "one-time" thing. They actually built a tunnel all the way around our storage room, and methodically exploited in all the way around the room to access chests. They had the audacity to place chests just outside the region to store the loot temporarily because they took so much it took several trips to get it all.

They managed to get away with about a chestful of obsidian (yes, a chestful), over 100 cookies, over 100 slime, fire aspect swords, diamonds, and so much more I can't even remember.

They received a 3-day ban and basically got away with it.

I don't really care about the items. I don't care if I get them back, or even if they lose them. But this kind of blatant exploiting should be grounds for permanent ban in my opinion. We give people way too many warnings. But I guess that's just the way it is.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Minor exploiting should be 3 days to 1 week ban, items wiped. Major should be month to Permanent ban, items wiped. Just a suggestion.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
Agreed. I know i've from a lot that there is no reason why the items shouldn't be reimbursed, but honestly thats life. In the end of the day you lost stuff you gain stuff, it just more comes down to losing stuff illegaly and it then becomes used by someone else that didn't work to get it.

Honestly, it would make me rage if you know someone took whatever item, and then 3 days later you see them selling your stuff to other people. Its like, rawr

c12095

Holy Shit!
Pfft I could steal a fortune and only suffer three days? Guard your chest well everyone :p however in severe cases they really should return items. It's no fun to have all of your valuables stollen and the thief only gets a 3 day punishment. Items need to be removed, I would say wipe their bank account also, possibly return sone of it to the victims before coins are taken out permanently.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
Should be able to chekc logs or somewhat to identify stolen items ? and Stay banned untill they return them.

Now see that is an amazing idea. Honestly didn't even cross my mind. Only issue is how would they "return the items" without being able to log in. But yea something like this in many ways is morally sound.

They take a form of punishment, to make them understand why what they did is wrong. And then by returning the items to the person it makes them live up to what they did and take responsibility for both what he did, and how the victim was affected.

Really liked that idea Predator :)

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Now see that is an amazing idea. Honestly didn't even cross my mind. Only issue is how would they "return the items" without being able to log in. But yea something like this in many ways is morally sound.

They take a form of punishment, to make them understand why what they did is wrong. And then by returning the items to the person it makes them live up to what they did and take responsibility for both what he did, and how the victim was affected.

Really liked that idea Predator :)

They would have an ETA, say 1 hour to get the items and return them otherwise they stay banned.
its fair for both sides to be honest.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
You get banned perma if you do it many times. But doing it once and get lots of free items and just a 3 day ban? Sounds like a good deal to me. I think the rules should be more strict.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
Next step, its reported by home owner, and Bob is caught. Gets a 3 day ban. Thats great, but what happens when 3 day ban is over. Bob comes back on and says awsome, i just waited out a 3 day ban and got free stuff, or in another case gets the free stuffs, sells it, and now has X amount of coins.
Sometimes they don't even get a ban.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
This is not the proper format not place to discuss server procedures.
There is a process in place for issues like this.

This shouldn't be discussed like this.

@Kainzo
@BuddahHopper - you seem to be only one on atm. lock maybe?

Sorry to be a killjoy, but there is a proper way to address this. This isn't it.

Please trust the Admins/Mods/Staff to handle this. :)

( I hate cheats too.. very much so.. they ruin our game, our server, and our fun.)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I love this community, but you all know this mob mentality is bad.

:)

k?

Now, GO VOTE !!!!!!!!!

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok, fair enough Plasma -- but where would be a good place for people to discuss their thoughts and try to provide some constructive criticism about how to handle issues?

I know the admins and mods work very hard, and it is impossible to make everyone happy. But I do have some thoughts on this issue that I'd love to share in a calm, logical manner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.