• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Benefiting From Exploiting - Ban Or No Ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
Agreed with @sadikyo. My goal here was not to cause issues, believe me when I say this. I just wanted to see some opinions calmly stated. I believe fully in all the hard work both admins and mods do. I just wanted to see how others felt, and possibly even how moderators and admins or the great Kainzo himself felt.

I apologize @Plasma78 and others who are reading this if you felt this as a mob mentalitiy, i just wanted to get opinions and just talk about it.

:)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Hmm, not 100% sure where would be the proper place. Disccusing our policies and how we handle things isnt good for public or members.
Its like the cops going down to doughnut shop and talking bout how they booked robber last night, then beat him, wrote him up with 56-34 forms, then fed him, tossed on a cot so he could sleep and released him 4 hours later cause he didn't do it. Its gunna get public mad and or rioting :D

Perhaps suggestion in a pm? or a nice email :D

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok, fair enough Plasma -- but where would be a good place for people to discuss their thoughts and try to provide some constructive criticism about how to handle issues?

I know the admins and mods work very hard, and it is impossible to make everyone happy. But I do have some thoughts on this issue that I'd love to share in a calm, logical manner :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Agreed with @sadikyo. My goal here was not to cause issues, believe me when I say this. I just wanted to see some opinions calmly stated. I believe fully in all the hard work both admins and mods do. I just wanted to see how others felt, and possibly even how moderators and admins or the great Kainzo himself felt.

I apologize @Plasma78 and others who are reading this if you felt this as a mob mentalitiy, i just wanted to get opinions and just talk about it.

heck dont apologize to me :) its OUR Community :D

as much as mine as it is yours !!

We all can make it better and awesome !!!

Suggestion forum might work, but I think that is more for the game itself, not 'how things are handled"

( i say any chests, exploiters, get removed, then tossed in deep hole with one torch and 600 creepers.)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
i find 3 is plenty scary for me :)

This server, its admins/mods are the best I have seen in a long time.
They have to deal with things on a case by case basis. :)

Ban hammer fallth and it fallth HARD

sadikyo

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, not 100% sure where would be the proper place. Disccusing our policies and how we handle things isnt good for public or members.
Its like the cops going down to doughnut shop and talking bout how they booked robber last night, then beat him, wrote him up with 56-34 forms, then fed him, tossed on a cot so he could sleep and released him 4 hours later cause he didn't do it. Its gunna get public mad and or rioting :D

Perhaps suggestion in a pm? or a nice email :D

To be fair Plasma, it's more like a group of concerned citizens having a town hall meeting, talking about the lack of a police presence in their neighborhood where there is a lot of crime. Or a group of concerned citizens reacting to police brutality by exposing it in the media.

As long as these types of..."demonstrations"... ^^^ are done in a civil and peaceful manner, they can actually be constructive.

Sorry, just had to correct your analogy.

But...you are absolutely right that we don't need all the members questioning authority and undermining it. For that, I apologize for posting here today --- but having the earlier mentioned incident happen to me just recently, emotions are a little high :)

I'll also mention that I LOVE this server very much, and it is hands down the best server I have played on. I understand that the staff and everyone works very hard to keep it running well. I respect their efforts and definitely understand that they can't satisfy everyone's issue immediately. :)

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I understand. :p my illustration a bit off lol

Everyone wants justice for being wronged, i agree.
Users that cause issues, need to be dealt with, but they are also players and need to be given that right to 'defend themselves'

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
true but we will not discuss by gones, situations, players, etc, on here.
This is to help suggest new things, etc.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
In addition to removing coin and or items we suspend (or perm ban) the user.
Does the person who got stolen from by someone who xrayed get their stuff back? I mean, I've been a victim of this, and many of my citizens have too. And although the exploiting has not enough evidence by the staff, if said player was caught in the long run, and banned, would the people who were stolen from get their items back? It seems fair to reimburse those people in my opinion.

I agree with Greek. Getting xrayed sucks. Losing the stuff you had hidden away for a reason is worse though. Reimbursement after the offender has been taken care of seems only natural.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It was my understanding they do not replace stolen items in any circumstance.
Yeah and I find that unfair considering someone could just go on an alt account and break every rule on exploiting and xray into a town, steal all the town's shit by exploiting the chests then give it to their main account, no penalty. Easy money.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
guys/gals, this is like signing to the choir.
The staff is busy enough trying to catch all the hackers, exploiters and spammers, m3m3er's, the trolling trolls, do i need to continue the list, the whiners, the victums, tha douches,etc.
THIS IS NOT THE PROPER FORMAT OR LOCATION.
Herocraft is an ever developing dream, its a game, play the dream, things will work out, if'n you dont want to play the dream go elsewheres!!

nuff said.
Place your valuables close to your heart and pocketbook, buy LWC's and dont worry about it!!

Cha, ching

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah and I find that unfair considering someone could just go on an alt account and break every rule on exploiting and xray into a town, steal all the town's shit by exploiting the chests then give it to their main account, no penalty. Easy money.

True but I thought only in certain circumstances they will allow people with the same IP, so unless someone is desperate enough to run through a proxy, or use an SHH Tunnel, is that something the mods actually have to "worry" about?

Kryptomaniac

Legacy Supporter 7
guys/gals, this is like signing to the choir.
The staff is busy enough trying to catch all the hackers, exploiters and spammers, m3m3er's, the trolling trolls, do i need to continue the list, the whiners, the victums, tha douches,etc.
THIS IS NOT THE PROPER FORMAT OR LOCATION.
Herocraft is an ever developing dream, its a game, play the dream, things will work out, if'n you dont want to play the dream go elsewheres!!

nuff said.
Place your valuables close to your heart and pocketbook, buy LWC's and dont worry about it!!

Cha, ching

Admins, actually more then admins kainzo himself posted on here and there was not a single complaint on the format or location. if he does ill gladly remove it, until then, its kind of nice. Everyone is being civil, and its getting a decent discussion going with others thoughts and opinions, which community work like that is what makes or breaks a server or community.

Status
Not open for further replies.