• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguilers need some work.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
At the moment Beguilers are one of the strongest classes in game purely how easy it is to play. Once a piggify, plagubomb and fireball has been hit most classes are nearly dead or have to run away because they will die to the next combo which is 100% accurate.

I propose these new skills to break up Beguilers skill set and make it harder to kill people:

Transform (bad name I know): turns the user into a chicken increasing movement speed for 10 seconds breaks on damage.

Gives Beguilers a cool skill that enables movement and a getaway option. To make it fair give it a huge CD.

Make it rain: Beguilers summon a (blizzard) clowd which rains down eggs.

Beguilers IMO need more CC.

Fast as the wind: A aoe movement speed buff.

Beguilers playing more as a support.

Bat fury: swarms the opponent with bats.

Good to cancel enemies skill shots.

Chicken blast: Summon a chicken to chase after someone and than blows up. If not exploded by 6 secs it will explode on the spot.

Mini GTP: A GTP to swap out teleport but limit members gtp'd to 5.

Most of these skills sound OP if given to the Beguilers currently, but if scaled correctly it would make Beguilers a lot more fun and a harder class to play.

TL;DR Beguilers need more skills and feel free to add suggestions.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
An egg-storm skill modeled on that of WIzard's for CC purposes only with *some* damage would be an excellent skill idea.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Not sure I agree 100% with the skill suggestions but...
At the moment Beguilers are one of the strongest classes in game purely how easy it is to play. Once a piggify, plagubomb and fireball has been hit most classes are nearly dead or have to run away because they will die to the next combo which is 100% accurate.
This is a perfect description of Beguiler atm. (imo)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

I propose these new skills to break up Beguilers skill set and make it harder to kill people:

Transform (bad name I know): turns the user into a chicken increasing movement speed for 10 seconds breaks on damage.

Gives Beguilers a cool skill that enables movement and a getaway option. To make it fair give it a huge CD.

Make it rain: Beguilers summon a (blizzard) clowd which rains down eggs.

Beguilers IMO need more CC.

Fast as the wind: A aoe movement speed buff.

Beguilers playing more as a support.

Bat fury: swarms the opponent with bats.

Good to cancel enemies skill shots.

Chicken blast: Summon a chicken to chase after someone and than blows up. If not exploded by 6 secs it will explode on the spot.

Mini GTP: A GTP to swap out teleport but limit members gtp'd to 5.

Most of these skills sound OP if given to the Beguilers currently, but if scaled correctly it would make Beguilers a lot more fun and a harder class to play.

TL;DR Beguilers need more skills and feel free to add suggestions.
@Delfofthebla

Lord Delf, Please make the skill with the eggs raining happen

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I Agree that one path would be to make PlagueBomb a hit's everything AOE.

But another path to consider would be to make
both Pigify as well as Mass Piggy a channeled skill. Once cast the spell will continue until:
Mana Runs Out
Target is hit
Caster is hit
Caster performs and action other then moving(which will have the normal casting slowness)
This would mean that Guilers, could hold a person in place for as long as their mana lasted and would change the role of pigify from a "1v1 I WIN" button to a strategic group support skill.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6

both Pigify as well as Mass Piggy a channeled skill. Once cast the spell will continue until:
Mana Runs Out
Target is hit
Caster is hit
Caster performs and action other then moving(which will have the normal casting slowness)
This would mean that Guilers, could hold a person in place for as long as their mana lasted and would change the role of pigify from a "1v1 I WIN" button to a strategic group support skill.

Too true, i have always wished beguilers were a more unique support class through great crowd control, rather than crowd control only being used to set up their own massive burst damage.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

Mana Runs Out
Target is hit
Caster is hit

It would be still be good 1v1, because you get to line someone up for one skill, but it wouldn't be as easy to get the massive damage combo. Really good when ganking because you can lock someone down in place for a longer period of time for your backup to arrive. The big upside of a long lockdown would be balanced by tweaking the downside of slow 4, mana drain and only being able to immediately combo one skill instead of up to 3. Good beguilers would still be able to combo more skills into it, wizard does that fine with entangle, though it has more instant damage skills. Probably should be like entangle and only break on use of skill rather than warmup.

Of course it should also break if you move out of range of piggify. It would make piggify stronger in some cases but also be less of an escape skill. You still have beguile as an disruption and escape skill in 1v1s

Would have to defer to delf on whether Hero skills are set up to have continuous mana usage rather than a cost at the start

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
It would be still be good 1v1, because you get to line someone up for one skill, but it wouldn't be as easy to get the massive damage combo. Really good when ganking because you can lock someone down in place for a longer period of time for your backup to arrive. The big upside of a long lockdown would be balanced by tweaking the downside of slow 4, mana drain and only being able to immediately combo one skill instead of up to 3. Good beguilers would still be able to combo more skills into it, wizard does that fine with entangle, though it has more instant damage skills. Probably should be like entangle and only break on use of skill rather than warmup.

Of course it should also break if you move out of range of piggify. It would make piggify stronger in some cases but also be less of an escape skill. You still have beguile as an disruption and escape skill in 1v1s

Would have to defer to delf on whether Hero skills are set up to have continuous mana usage rather than a cost at the start

Dreadaura for dk is and bloodwhatever thingy for bloodmage (the one that converts damage to healing for group) both have continuous mana costs while active / can be toggled off currently.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Dreadaura for dk is and bloodwhatever thingy for bloodmage (the one that converts damage to healing for group) both have continuous mana costs while active / can be toggled off currently.
Right, forgot about those.

I still think it should have a (higher) max duration (if this were changed), but it would be cool to be able to control how long you have someone locked down.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Right, forgot about those.

I still think it should have a (higher) max duration (if this were changed), but it would be cool to be able to control how long you have someone locked down.

Should have higher duration if changed this way, i agree. Should be a legitimate function to crowd control someone and take them out of the fight for a longer duration if people can avoid spamming aoe by them lol. Right now aoe spam is very powerful in group fights - powerful crowd control could reduce that to some degree by making using aoe more of a choice that has to be made intelligently (aoe and break crowd control versus keep those people controlled over there).

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Beguiler does need work. Beguiler is used as a support class not a bursty dmg class. I can piggify pb on ground pulse then fireball the enemy and easily do 4-6 hearts of dmg.

My suggestion is dont make pb dmg the caster or the party(yall already bitch about wizs alexhoffing it beguilers will do the same thing)

Make plaguebomb dmg scale less per int. Give us a support skill at lvl 60(im not creative enough to suggest one but we did have might at one time. ) and scale our end down. I run around with iron chest plate and chain boots and I can last awhile while 2 ppl chase me down.

please change the mana cost on faux bomb. With it being 100 mana it is basically useless to use in a fight when we run out of mana so fast. I dont see a situation to use it for that high of a cost

Last edited:

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
My main issue is that Beguilers have the best of both worlds, they are able to do tons of AoE damage and lock down targets in group fights while being able to 1v1 most classes. They need to pick one path for beguilers a 1v1 class or a group battle class, here is a rough group class:

Wisdom
Might
Speed buff (some kind)
Plaguebomb
Mass piggify
Piggify
GTP
pulse
Quantumleap

Solo class:

Wisdom
Plagubomb
fireball
piggify
Quantumleap
Fireblast

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Funny would be throwing a grenade into a room with your allies fighting enemies within. then your allies walkout untouched..
Sure. Why not have megabolt affect party members as well? Or whirlwind. Or explosive shot...
Oh wait, you're realising that you want to make 1skill the exception of the rule? Don't be stupid.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Beguilers have three forms of CC currently, they do not need anymore.

I'm confused on what you want from this thread, skills replaced? Or are you suggesting that they get a new kit or new skills? As Delf said, I'm confused because you say they're too good but you suggest this handful of very good skills.