• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Beguiler Changes

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Well written post, but I would shy away from too many repeat abilities (feigndeath, flicker, etc. that belongs to other classes/paths).

koen31

TNT
Lol this beguiler looks way stronger it still has the skills that are considered "OP" such as piggify and plaguebomb but shock will be even stronger providing even more CC and even more AoE damage. Not to mention Ink that makes it difficult for melee classes. Ninjas did not have problems against me when I was beguiler. Which makes sense because ninjas are assassins and that's how it is supposed to be. Its not 1v1 fights that are the problem, its the amount of cumulative damage possible with multiple plaguebombs on multiple people during teamfights. And give me a break that fireball is too strong.... Fireball is a single target, projectile, SKILL shot and you can even reduce the damage with a fire resist potion or if it is raining.

Also, rethink the (+0.25) seconds per point in charisma on piggify, that is way too much. 10 charisma (which is very easy to achieve) gives you a 3.5 second piggify. (1 base second + additional 2.5 seconds.) The duration on both mass piggify and piggify was already nerfed so that you could not do a Plaguebomb, pulse, fireball combo. This change was very much needed and was a perfect fix to not only tons of 1v1 damage but being able to take almost no damage due to the length of the disable. Also makes the beguiler put a lot of points into charisma to get that effect back, reducing damage and other attributes.

I could agree to a mass piggify replacement though, mass piggify is a skill that is unnecessary and really strong.

Last edited:

Ayohae

TNT
Personally, I would love to see Beguiler take on a debuff role, rather than a stunning role. Piggify should NOT both stun and silence. Once you get hit with piggify, you're that Beguiler's bitch.

For example, Plaguebomb doing less damage and applying Nausea, or the Ink skill you suggested applying Blindness.
The two piggifies and the beguile (which is an effective disable and essentially a stun) allow for too much Beguiler control.

There's a lot of room for creativity with Beguilers.

Also, STDs's party remove suggestion would be much too powerful, and breaks the fourth wall of RPGs in my opinion.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Lol this beguiler looks way stronger it still has the skills that are considered "OP" such as piggify and plaguebomb but shock will be even stronger providing even more CC and even more AoE damage. Not to mention Ink that makes it difficult for melee classes. Ninjas did not have problems against me when I was beguiler. Which makes sense because ninjas are assassins and that's how it is supposed to be. Its not 1v1 fights that are the problem, its the amount of cumulative damage possible with multiple plaguebombs on multiple people during teamfights. And give me a break that fireball is too strong.... Fireball is a single target, projectile, SKILL shot and you can even reduce the damage with a fire resist potion or if it is raining.

Also, rethink the (+0.25) seconds per point in charisma on piggify, that is way too much. 10 charisma (which is very easy to achieve) gives you a 3.5 second piggify. (1 base second + additional 2.5 seconds.) The duration on both mass piggify and piggify was already nerfed so that you could not do a Plaguebomb, pulse, fireball combo. This change was very much needed and was a perfect fix to not only tons of 1v1 damage but being able to take almost no damage due to the length of the disable. Also makes the beguiler put a lot of points into charisma to get that effect back, reducing damage and other attributes.

I could agree to a mass piggify replacement though, mass piggify is a skill that is unnecessary and really strong.
The numbers are a rough estimation. The point is the concepts of the rework. The numbers could be sorted at a later time.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Honestly, this is something that I need @Kainzo 's ruling on before I could even comment about.

Kainzo, what is your exact desire for the Beguiler role? Support? Pure CC? CC + Damage? Any other specific role defining statements work too. I can typically get a good idea for myself, but as far as Beguiler goes, I can't say I know what you'd like here.

--------

As far as the general stuff goes, I like Ink, seems kinda neat. Not sure how I feel about Flicker, but FeignDeath is probably not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly, this is something that I need @Kainzo 's ruling on before I could even comment about.

Kainzo, what is your exact desire for the Beguiler role? Support? Pure CC? CC + Damage? Any other specific role defining statements work too. I can typically get a good idea for myself, but as far as Beguiler goes, I can't say I know what you'd like here.

--------

As far as the general stuff goes, I like Ink, seems kinda neat. Not sure how I feel about Flicker, but FeignDeath is probably not gonna happen.

As few repeat abilities as possible :x

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Been a while since I posted on this. The reason I have those two skills, is because they seem like skills you would use to deceive people. I think I put something like "a cunning sorceror."

Yeah, I see what you mean, but it would take uniqueness out of both classes if they were just copy/pastes of each other. I would suggest slight variations at the least.