• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bedspawning & You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleyond

Coal
I think keep bed spawning until everyone has time to settle in, and vendors start selling redstone, and possibly, until we get a transit system going, then get rid of it. As much as I like it, I think it makes it too easy to hide, and players end up not taking advantage of the spawn area because of bed spawning. This is a hardcore server, not a "hide in a corner and suck your thumb" server.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I think to avoid bed camping, make it so there is like a 1 block radius around beds that is no pvp that comes with the thing where you like lwc the bed to work, so make it cost more by adding what I said.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I think if towns got their own herogates again, bedspawning turned off wouldn't be that big a deal.

I think a combination of cooldown on bedspawn and herogates would be good.

So say after respawning on a bed, you can't do so again for 10 minutes. But this way if your town is under siege, you can still use a herogate to get back and try to defend. Yet you'll have a significant disadvantage still against attackers as you will be popping through your town herogate with no gear, and will have to make your way across town to gear up, during which time you can be easily killed

The problem with towns having their own hero-gates was the fact that pvp was non existent due to the fact that pvp was off in towns. Now with pvp being on in almost everyplace having hero-gates in towns would mean instant raids out of fucking nowhere, which is also something we dont want. I think the system is fine as is. Any tweeks will upset too many people or make things too easy.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
The problem with towns having their own hero-gates was the fact that pvp was non existent due to the fact that pvp was off in towns. Now with pvp being on in almost everyplace having hero-gates in towns would mean instant raids out of fucking nowhere, which is also something we dont want. I think the system is fine as is. Any tweeks will upset too many people or make things too easy.
Make it so only people who have signed the charter for a town be able to use that town's herogate.

Honestly, instant raids out of fucking nowhere can already happen thanks to hellgate :)

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
I think if towns got their own herogates again, bedspawning turned off wouldn't be that big a deal.

I think a combination of cooldown on bedspawn and herogates would be good.

So say after respawning on a bed, you can't do so again for 10 minutes. But this way if your town is under siege, you can still use a herogate to get back and try to defend. Yet you'll have a significant disadvantage still against attackers as you will be popping through your town herogate with no gear, and will have to make your way across town to gear up, during which time you can be easily killed

In this case though, you're on your own turf. You'd have your fellow citizens helping to attack/defend with hopefully, your town defences. If it's the literal case of being ganked, ganged and rushed, well just log off and wait but if it's an even numbered battle and it's the same deal, then you're just unfortunate.

agentjwall

Godly
I'd rather have recall removed then bed spawning. It's vital for town defense and getting to far off places can be very painful if you don't have a plot in zeal. Plus about 1/3 of recalls seems to be to run away from combat...

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd rather have recall removed then bed spawning. It's vital for town defense and getting to far off places can be very painful if you don't have a plot in zeal. Plus about 1/3 of recalls seems to be to run away from combat...
I think both should be kept. THAT'S IT.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
I liking the idea of one respawn and then a "recall" cooldown on spawning at your bed again. This way you could quickly get back to base after that unfortunate creeper explosion, but not back to a major PvP battle several times during a town raid. The basic idea being if your under attack, and your opponent is better prepared, they have a chance to loot what they can while you trek back to base. Any complaints of lost shiny things shall be directed to the LWC page.

Thoughts?

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I liking the idea of one respawn and then a "recall" cooldown on spawning at your bed again. This way you could quickly get back to base after that unfortunate creeper explosion, but not back to a major PvP battle several times during a town raid. The basic idea being if your under attack, and your opponent is better prepared, they have a chance to loot what they can while you trek back to base. Any complaints of lost shiny things shall be directed to the LWC page.

Thoughts?

I like this idea. and generally disfavor automatically getting respawned at your bed.

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
I think bedspawning should stay, but there should be a certain amount of times you'll appear back there. So in otherwords, if you really want to keep your bed spawn, you'd have to renew it after maybe 3-5 deaths.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I think it would make it LESS hardcore

when a town is getting raided and you are defending and die, you run right back to the fight, but if you spawned at the main spawn, you'd have to figure out some redstone to recall, and that would get old after a while,

meanwhile the raiders would be pretty much owning your town while you are gone causing all kinds of trouble

this kind of thing would prolly make me logout for the night turning some awesome pvping into a negative situation. I love fighting, but I don't love being 3000 blocks away from the fight as a result of it

EDIT: Also if people bedcamp, that is just a jerk move and they are asking to be kicked

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Kainzo

Is there some way you can limit the amout of spawns in a period of time before he player spawns at dragonguard? Possibly with spoutcraft client? Either way I think beds need to be kept, but be limited to some extent because players do abuse the abilility to spawn on the complete other side of the world, yet without it I think there will be a large backlash due to the fact a lot of players live very far from spawn and deep underground. That's just their play style, and I think it's bad to make them run back with no food/protection from mobs or players.

Is there some way you can limit the amout of spawns in a period of time before he player spawns at dragonguard? Possibly with spoutcraft client? Either way I think beds need to be kept, but be limited to some extent because players do abuse the abilility to spawn on the complete other side of the world, yet without it I think there will be a large backlash due to the fact a lot of players live very far from spawn and deep underground. That's just their play style, and I think it's bad to make them run back with no food/protection from mobs or players.
You mean like if I want to sell my gold, I walk to spawn with an iron ingot, set my Mark, /kill, pick up my gold and 10 redstone, /recall, sell gold, and /kill again? Or are you talking about some other kind of "abuse"?

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
I was thinking like a gravyard system. The map contains a set amount of gravyards spread across the lands. If you die you spawn at the closest graveyard or the closest graveyard to you town. (whatever works best)
These graveyard is also protected from destruction ++ And no one can build around or wall them up.

This would also open a nice new spell. You could make a temp gravyard that works like 5 times for your party befor it gets dstroyd.

It would make it harder for the campers cause everyone that dies does not spawn at the same place and "everyone" is not able to respawn inside thir own "safezone".

But then again if you are in a town i would make sense to respawn somewhere close to your own city to not make it to hard to defend your town.

I liked the idea of the graveyard system. I thought, "In Zeal we spawned at the edge of town based on which cardinal direction we were in when we died. We could maybe have just a few graveyards, maybe four in the NW, NE, SW, SE directions."

Then I realized that that's what we have with free Herogates...

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
I think that bedspawning is a great and wonderful thing on the game, but I also know that a lot of people abuse beds for both offense and defense. While having a bedspawn in your private home would allow you to defend your home, I also feel that disallowing it would make raiding more of a real raid. When someone raids a town and a town member is killed, they are sent to spawn unless revived by a resurrect. This allows for the raiding and takeover of towns, which would provide a lot more fun. Yet the problem I see with this is the lonestars with their little houses in the wild.
I think that if we could provide a median and allow for beds to be destroyed regardless of whether they are in a region or not would provide a middle ground to appease both parties.
- It allows benefits for defense and requires strategically attack to take over buildings, while providing ways for dominance by destroying the beds.
-It adds a search and destroy element to raiding.
-It provides some relief to the new players that are trying to get started and gather resources.

The biggest problem that I see are the abusers.
-people who don't destroy beds and bedcamp
-people who make their beds inaccessible through lifts in regions to respawn quickly and dominate attackers
-players who use their beds and /kill as a secondary method of transportation
-players who sleep in another's bed to constantly gain access and harass them

Status
Not open for further replies.