• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bedspawning & You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Pros for Bedspawning:
You get to respawn at where-ever you want
You can like, die and use it for a teleport

Cons for BedSpawning:
Bedcampers
Ruins hardcoreness
Trivializes travel
devalues mark/recall
Makes Spawn Less used

Either way - what are YOUR feelings on bedspawns being disabled/enabled?

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe the whiner in me would like Bed spawning, but truthfully It is alot less hardcore and I think we would be better off without it.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I do think that it would make the server more hard core in its own way, but in the end would simply be annoying and rage worthy after not much time. It wouldn't be long before people start camping the roads like they did last map except this time they would actually have people to kill. Also lots of people will be starting towns and walking 4k blocks to get back to my work will be terrible.

So between lots of walking and road campers, I would go with allowing bed spawning. If you get bed camped, log off, and report them later with a petition.

Casey Jenkins

Glowing Redstone
Personally I think taking away beds would just create unnecessary hassle to travel. You would still have all your stuff left in your chests, but it would be a few hundred or thousand blocks away and simply take more time to reach.

ashiirra

Stone
I personally have not left the safety of my tunnels since I realized that bed spawn was off. I do NOT want to have to walk all the way back from spawn, unless ur offering free redstone for recall

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Yea, I tried staying in the safety of my tunnels....someone managed to find me at 11 depth with an iron sword and chest plate. I got trashed and lost a stack of gold, a few stacks of iron, half a stack of diamonds, and so on. Everything from the three hours that I played so far D=. I was almost to the base that I was digging too, as well. I do not look forward to traveling back out there again and hope that when I finally do make it I can sleep in a bed and not have to worry about getting there again.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I find no bedspawning rage worthy. And thats not good. We dont want a repeat of the Sanctum to Zeal mapwipe

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I say we keep bed spawning for like 1-3 weeks until everyone gets settled, then just cold turkey remove it. That is just my opinion. However, I do agree with the statements for bed spawning. Maybe 5 spawns before you have to sleep in the again.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
^^ That does not solve the problem of people like the tree creepers camping all of the exists all the time. Sure you can say send people to kill them for you, get friends to kill them, and so on. But that will get old quick. The server is not all pvp, but it will become ALL pvp. Even if you say make it illegal to camp the border, they will move ten blocks out. Plus not everyone plays with fraps to record them breaking the rule, and Kainzo has said before he wont make border camping illegal.

I want to pvp sometimes, and I will find people to kill. But I don't want to have to fight just to leave spawn so that I can get back to my base and continue working of a fun project that I happened to fall off of the side from and die from fall damage.

Honestly I really think bed-spawning should be kept. As someone who got on late I'm having enough trouble getting to the base my friends made earlier with the roads already being camped 5 hours in. Since I don't have mark and recall yet I can't exactly recall out there. It will just get worse as time goes on and people get better gear.

Darkdragon

Stone
Keep Bedspawning. I'd rather stay at the "On your toes, ready to be attacked" hardcore instead of go to the "Screw this... getting off" level of it by having to get past a blockade of campers every time I die.

Axcess

Legacy Supporter 3
I have to say keep bedspawn. Unfortunately, the amount of hardcore camping makes such a novelty necessary. It becomes extremely hard later down as the new map progresses. The available land becomes hard to find and usually is further out from Spawn.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
I would like to keep bed spawning. Removing them will make building, trading, and mining too difficult, and will make ganks and raids much more aggravating than bedcamping ever could be.

I could stand behind resetting the spawn for good when the bed is destroyed, though.

HollowSith

Diamond
I vote keep bedspawning for 2 - 3 weeks. Let me get my levels so I can spawnstomp with the rest of my fellow TC ;)

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I like being able to spawn in my bed, but I still say get rid of it. We have a nice big spawn city with tons of space for plots to hide redstone in. Markets will open selling redstone for dirt cheap, recall won't be that hard to use. I don't know if we still use herogates or not, so it might be a little bit different from our setup in sanctum. It'd be nice if beds had some other function though, maybe a 5-10 minute low level buff if you sleep in it at night.

And honestly if people just setup camp outside the spawn, towns should get their butts in gear and take care of them. I really think our server's "bad guys" can do better though. An actual blockade, or a fort, or a funnel to keep travellers from escaping. It goes without saying that I also don't like having our roads regioned either.

Petator

Glowing Redstone
^ Actually, good point. As long as the spawn is in the pool after 'the plunge' and the plots are well organized, I wouldn't mind recalling to get back to base too much.

Moving goods to dragongarde for trade could still pose a big problem, though.

It goes without saying that I also don't like having our roads regioned either.

I think it's necessary. Too few cities were like Ironforge: most cities on the x/y axises completely blocked off the main road.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with most of the points here, but I think that in being hardcore, bedspawn just doesn't work for us. For many people who don't care too much about xp, killing themself becomes an instant port to their home, which causes spawn to become almost unpopulated at most times, whereas in mid-Sanctum we always had a few people sitting around there because at the time, bedspawn wasn't implemented. And like Apples said, it'll bring money to the trading district for people who need supplies after their deaths.

The only issue with it IMO is groups will camp the roads, but if the trading district gets enough money and if we still have some anti-evil guys to help out, it'll be alright.

Like apples said, a low buff from beds would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.