• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bedspawning & You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should keep it, removing might seem more hardcore at first but later on it will just give you a headache. I normally don't have much time to play (I think many people can relate to that) and I wouldn't like to waste it by constantly running between spawn and my base :/

Oh and using recall is a good point, but still it will be a pain for new people that haven't unlocked the skill yet. Personally, I think it's important to make a good impression on people who newly joined the server and try not to let people exploit them just because they're weaker.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I'm torn. On one hand, who doesn't like the convenience of respawning wherever they want? On the other, I remember Sanctum and before when we had no beds and everyone respawned in the Tower. Most people will also agree Sanctum was the best map on Herocraft. So I'm impartial to either, but wouldn't complain if you removed it.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Personally I believe that it should be temporarily implemented, just until the majority of the player base becomes acquainted with the new map, then after wards, when most people have mark and recall, it should be removed. It IS much more hardcore, and it would prevent people from never leaving their towns.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm all for keeping it. It's one of those things that without I would get fed up and stop playing HC.

If anything removing it prevents the open skirmish type PVP, because everyone would be afraid of dying, so they would just hide in their impenetrable fortress.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I would be really frustrated if bed spawning was removed, i defiantly dont want to walk for 15 minutes every time I die, this would get very old very fast. Please leave bed spawning in, I beg of you!

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm all for keeping it. It's one of those things that without I would get fed up and stop playing HC.

If anything removing it prevents the open skirmish type PVP, because everyone would be afraid of dying, so they would just hide in their impenetrable fortress.
It didn't really stop us from poking each other with painful objects in Sanctum. I think it would change pvp a little bit, but in a good way. In zeal, all I ever saw was mindless dueling outside the north road and the occasional random occurrence in the wild. In Sanctum, people planned their attacks on enemy factions and executed with the thought that if they fail it'll be an hour before they can prepare another GOOD attack. Not because it takes an hour to walk back, but because we had to reorganize our defeated players and rearm them, then march back to the battleground - hopefully with a new plan.

With bed spawning on, the penalty for death at one of the pvp choke points (Like the north road) is 20-30 seconds of rapid regearing and running outside to smash your killer before they heal. Personally, this isn't the kind of pvp I want to see on the server. Maybe another option would be to make bed spawning have a cool down, so that if you die once you'll spawn at home, but if you die again within 20 minutes (same as recall) you spawn at Dragongarde.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
It didn't really stop us from poking each other with painful objects in Sanctum. I think it would change pvp a little bit, but in a good way. In zeal, all I ever saw was mindless dueling outside the north road and the occasional random occurrence in the wild. In Sanctum, people planned their attacks on enemy factions and executed with the thought that if they fail it'll be an hour before they can prepare another GOOD attack. Not because it takes an hour to walk back, but because we had to reorganize our defeated players and rearm them, then march back to the battleground - hopefully with a new plan.

With bed spawning on, the penalty for death at one of the pvp choke points (Like the north road) is 20-30 seconds of rapid regearing and running outside to smash your killer before they heal. Personally, this isn't the kind of pvp I want to see on the server. Maybe another option would be to make bed spawning have a cool down, so that if you die once you'll spawn at home, but if you die again within 20 minutes (same as recall) you spawn at Dragongarde.

I second the idea of beds having a cooldown

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
"Bedspawning and You" by Kainzo, a book for children on how sometimes we make bang bang during sleepy time, and that's okay.

In seriousness, I remember a lot of the slapfighting on the last map was related to bed camping and abusing beds during sieges, but that's just a moderator's perspective and as my job is sometimes to break up fights I'm more than happy to do it. This much I can say for certain: Herocraft needs beds, and people to spawn in beds, at the very minimum for the sake of the people who don't want to live in a city (say, for example, me). I'd recommend cooldowns, or coin costs for setting up beds, or beds only working in cities for citizens or other areas sanctioned by some kind of "bed regulating team" (Sandmen???) oh man this is the coolest idea ever

Anyway, if I were Notch, I'd have a menu pop up when I die giving me a choice to spawn at my bed or the spawn point, or any number of other beds I own, to prevent bedcamping. That's probably a little outside the reach of our coding team. It would prevent the problems of the older days though, which maybe are already fixed i dont even know ive been gone for four months

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Beds should cost the same as setting up an lwc.

If you want a refund, you only get 1/4 of the money back.

But if no beds were implanted, I can imagine the amount of players we have now, dropping to a third. Noone wants to walk back to their base. Yes there's recall and mark, but redstone will be used so much I can imagine this: "Trading 5 gold for 10 redstone" I think beds need to stay. A cooldown would be best solution.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
If beds cost money you'll see things like: "Kingdom Bed Chamber" where 1 bed is shared by 70 people. Player count won't fall if beds are changed in this way - It didnt rise when bed spawning was first enabled.

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm pretty hardcore.. My wife not so much. I can see how this is a good and bad thing. Adding a fee to respawn at the bed would make it less hold my handish.

Little story my wife went on a jog to find our little hut. I told her no matter what don't stand still. So she is running hopping over shit dodging zombies and it becomes daytime. She then stops to look around and I hear ssssssshhhhh and I say *your dead* boom... Red screen. After that I met her halfway and built a shack and put a bed in it so if she stopped to admire her surroundings again it wouldn't cause my eyes to pop out in frustration.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
Removing them would just make the whole HC experience a nightmare. That'd be like if I said, "Hey! Lets remove chests! Having to keep your items on you at all times would be totally hardcore!". While it WOULD be hardcore, it also verges on moronic. I feel the same way about removing bedspawns. :D

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I say you should spawn in your towns town hall, like you do whit the towny plugin.
If you are not a member of a town, bad for you and spawn in spawn town.
when you spawn in the middle of your town it is a place, that can't be changed if you don't change town.
:p

If PvP is off in spawn, and it is a server store that sell RS for a cheap coion near the spawn point it would be alright, but then again, I don't see the difference.
As long as you have recall you can jut recall back to your house/base/town.

Fade0120

Legacy Supporter 4
Possibly could keep bed spawning but make it so after 3 deaths you have a 10min cd before you can once again spawn at your bed and till that time make it so you spawn at spawn. Not sure if these will work in coding. Also these would get rid of the bed camping problem.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm torn. On one hand, who doesn't like the convenience of respawning wherever they want? On the other, I remember Sanctum and before when we had no beds and everyone respawned in the Tower. Most people will also agree Sanctum was the best map on Herocraft. So I'm impartial to either, but wouldn't complain if you removed it.

You also have to remember that we had hero-gates in every town and that pvp was off in towns and kingdoms, not to mention the main pvp'ers didnt come until Zeal. Which means 1, people didnt die as often, 2 their was an easy way back to your town, and 3, creepers didnt 1 shot you into oblivion.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
You also have to remember that we had hero-gates in every town and that pvp was off in towns and kingdoms, not to mention the main pvp'ers didnt come until Zeal. Which means 1, people didnt die as often, 2 their was an easy way back to your town, and 3, creepers didnt 1 shot you into oblivion.
I think if towns got their own herogates again, bedspawning turned off wouldn't be that big a deal.

I think a combination of cooldown on bedspawn and herogates would be good.

So say after respawning on a bed, you can't do so again for 10 minutes. But this way if your town is under siege, you can still use a herogate to get back and try to defend. Yet you'll have a significant disadvantage still against attackers as you will be popping through your town herogate with no gear, and will have to make your way across town to gear up, during which time you can be easily killed

Status
Not open for further replies.