• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Banker Profession.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Skills:
Exchange (coded);
Turn coins into goldbars
Smelt (coded);
Turn goldore into goldbars, 25% chance at getting a goldnugget.
Monetize (coded);
Turn all gold in inventory into COINS.
ChestShop GOLD (coded);
Buy/sell goldore/ingots/weapons/etc

What else should we try and make? what should a BANKER profession have?

Northac

Obsidian
how about PAWN: "sell" (read turn into) a tool (iron or better to avoid abuse) for a set amount
Limit the times per day they can do it and come up with a value for stuff.
Maybe use as a higher level skill?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly?

With the way Villager trading is in 1.4, I would like to see something with rather Bankers or Alchemists that involves Emeralds.

Maybe bankers could get a chance with the Gold to Money conversion to get an emerald as an extra reward? (up to 3-4 per stack of gold?) I mean when I think of money hungry bankers, they're not just rolling around in wads of cash, they have the jewels in there too.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe a global Gift skill that only trades Gold? Just 5 ingots at once or something and a 2 minute cd or something.

Ability to make gold chest shops?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
a small bakpack? like 1 row, that would be a 9 slot backpack as a "bank" maybe higher level?

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Monetize (coded);
Turn all gold in inventory into COINS.

How would this work? Does it make it so 1 gold = 1 coin, or is it the DHX prices, so 1 gold = 9 coins?

Also, how about a minor version of Monetize that works with nuggets? (if it's the DHX prices),
so 1 nugget = 1 coin?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
investment, the ability to make chests, that can only hold gold. This chest has a percentage to increase the amount of gold within it. gathering interest. so you put 10 gold in a banker chest over a course of time it can increase the gold inside?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Port selves to DHX? [Edit: Oh, no more DHX? Bankers to have monopoly on gold sales? Figures... but I don't like it...]

Would probably fit to have Scan and Gills.

Levelling exp from golfing, fishing and building mansions, perhaps?

Would need some unattractive features (weaknesses) or everyone will want to be one ... :rolleyes:.

faredX

Gold
I suggest they should have the ability to create gold-to-coins or coins-to-gold shops freely or perhaps with an amount of money like those at DHX.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Hmm, the 'taxes' skill idea gave me an idea <_<

How about a skill that helps your town? I mean like, something like
'Whenever you kill a mob, x% chance of giving x coin(s) to town bank.'
So you'd kinda like donate some coin, without actually losing a few coins.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
What about a skill giving all mobs an 100% chance to drop gold nuggets for about 30 seconds. It would have about a 5 minute cool down.

Algsa777

TNT
They have the ability to buy/sell emeralds/diamonds with just by giving them a teleport to a secret location.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How would this work? Does it make it so 1 gold = 1 coin, or is it the DHX prices, so 1 gold = 9 coins?

Also, how about a minor version of Monetize that works with nuggets? (if it's the DHX prices),
so 1 nugget = 1 coin?
We set the amount of configs, server side.

Sheez

Wood
Getting sorting chests as a banker would be awesome. The ability to click a sign, have all of a given material removed from your inventory and placed in an associated chest would be neat and make keeping track of things much easier. Sounds like a bankerly job.