• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Team Meeting: Mondays @ 6PM CST

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@Balance Team - I won't be able to make this weeks meeting as well, I'm still out of town and the timing is not great. However, we have some changes we need to get in before the factions release at the end of the week. @Egorh has some plans to work on the overal direction of factions classes, by making the combat sequences faster by increasing the damage some classes put out, as well as decreasing the maximum hp of some classes. On account of neither one of us making the meeting, I'll be posting sometime later today/tomorrow with a suggested time for all of us to get together and discuss.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Do we need faster combat sequences? Combat is already pretty quick.
I agree with this sentiment... seems combat happens quickly as is
In certain scenarios yes, however there are some aspects that are not. Especially for factions, we're trying to move away from the sorts of teamfights that seemed to last forever, with damage dealers not being able to do anything against a couple of healers. It won't be anything too drastic I assure you. I think @Egorh has some ideas if you want a preview.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Lets pass on the meeting for today and push it back to tonorrow. Everyone go do something fun for 4th of July. You too Canadians
@Balance Team

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Lets pass on the meeting for today and push it back to tonorrow. Everyone go do something fun for 4th of July. You too Canadians
@Balance Team
I make no promises of Tuesday availability; I have other meetings I have to attend to.
They could overlap and/or I could be sick of them after the first.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Unless @Kainzo has anything he wants to bring up I don't think we have to meet today. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post on the forums. @Balance Team

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
No need for meeting, but I made all the Bard buffs have color to them, if we wanna push that to live from test, for anyone that can.
Im on my phone right now and on hotel wifi, but I made a suggestion thread like a week ago about some QoL bard changes in hc.to/suggestions if you want to check that out.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Im on my phone right now and on hotel wifi, but I made a suggestion thread like a week ago about some QoL bard changes in hc.to/suggestions if you want to check that out.
I brought that up at the meeting.
We decided being able pop the song early was a good thing, so I added colors to the end of buffs so they stand out more.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I brought that up at the meeting.
We decided being able pop the song early was a good thing, so I added colors to the end of buffs so they stand out more.
From what I tested, it doesnt matter if you pop the songs early, it won't make a difference. The songs are a constant buff that will give everyone the buff as long as they are in the buff radius and intervals. So I dont exactly understand how popping them early is a good thing.

But then again, this is what I know from 2-3 maps ago of Bard. I guess something changed?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
From what I tested, it doesnt matter if you pop the songs early, it won't make a difference. The songs are a constant buff that will give everyone the buff as long as they are in the buff radius and intervals. So I dont exactly understand how popping them early is a good thing.

But then again, this is what I know from 2-3 maps ago of Bard. I guess something changed?
If you were in range when it started, you can leave range and keep it.
So if you missed someone, popiing it again is nice to get them as well.
This is what I was told. Havne't played bard this map, and on the beta I ended up avoiding PvP due to being lazy and not leveling

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah from what I stated in the thread, it doesn't matter if they missed it as long as they are within the buff radius throughout the duration. It's not like Beguiler's clarity if you missed the initial use of the skill, you won't get the buff at all. Also, even if you were within the initial use of the songs, the buff will get removed if you get out of range.

Manasong and battlesong are not mana/stam regen or wisdom/enduran buff skills, they're songs that give flat mana/stamina. It's like how Healingbloom and HolyAura functions. As long as you stay within the healing radius, it will heal you. But if you leave, it won't even if you were initially within the radius when it was first used.

Unless I am completely wrong on that, so someone should go test it to clarify.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah from what I stated in the thread, it doesn't matter if they missed it as long as they are within the buff radius throughout the duration. It's not like Beguiler's clarity if you missed the initial use of the skill, you won't get the buff at all. Also, even if you were within the initial use of the songs, the buff will get removed if you get out of range.

Manasong and battlesong are not mana/stam regen or wisdom/enduran buff skills, they're songs that give flat mana/stamina. It's like how Healingbloom and HolyAura functions. As long as you stay within the healing radius, it will heal you. But if you leave, it won't even if you were initially within the radius when it was first used.

Unless I am completely wrong on that, so someone should go test it to clarify.
I'll run some tests.