• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Meeting

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright everyone the time has come. Sorry for my absence but I'm back, and just from half a day of playing I've gotten tons of complaints and suggestions for balance. I need everyone's help to try and get the classes back in shape, so let's plan to meet today. Is 5 pm Cst good for people? Please post here if you can make it.

@Balance Team @Kainzo

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Alright everyone the time has come. Sorry for my absence but I'm back, and just from half a day of playing I've gotten tons of complaints and suggestions for balance. I need everyone's help to try and get the classes back in shape, so let's plan to meet today. Is 5 pm Cst good for people? Please post here if you can make it.

@Balance Team @Kainzo
I'm good for whenever so long as it's actually happening.
There's certainly a good number of suggestions to bring to the table.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7

@Balance Team @Kainzo
Sadly Im at work till 9 pm est, but if you would like to push anytime after today because im off the whole week :D.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Sadly Im at work till 9 pm est, but if you would like to push anytime after today because im off the whole week :D.
It's alright, if enough people show up we can keep a discussion going from 6 to 9 =P

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I'll be there but late.

Edit: looks like I'm not getting out of here until at least 6 CST. :(

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Probs not today, any other day I could make.
I *might* be able to connect for text chat and just listen, but that's a maybe.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Look at all these flakes with their illegitimate reasons. We all know you will be playing overwatch ;D

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Since im at work and I won't be back till 9 Im going to put the points that I would have brought up.
  • Cooldown on jump and backflip to low need am increase. Jump 7 seconds and backflip 5 seconds currently.
  • Not being able to use Superjump combat needs to be brought back.
  • Disciple damage to low needs an increase because it takes a very long time to kill classes with low tier armor.
  • Left click speed needs to go bye bye because the classes with axes are absolutely unplayable. Aka Dreadknight and Berserker.
  • Shields need to be removed from classes with high burst such as beguiler.
  • I feel that bringing back the use of villagers for merchants would make the profession more viable. If possible.
  • Add gold to the exchange because as of right now it doesn't have much use.
  • Make herogates charge money because it was a good money sink. 25c per use.
@Kainzo @Balance Team

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
- Remove Warp from Spec'd profs, will encourage ports and exploration via herogates. If warp has to stay, increase cost back to emeralds at least, redstone is too cheap.

- Consider overhaul of Farmer skill numbers and mechanic. Breeding should be restricted, chance for more mobs should be increased, and a skill for gathering meat should be implemented similar to Herbalism.

- Consider adding in naming items on smith, with reagent of name tag. Chat Rules and etc apply. I assume we still have the skill lying around, and could add the reagent to it.

- Replace Light on miner with literally anything, it is incredibly underwhelming, especially once you have DarkVision.

- Remove the ability to wield swords form Smith. Allows classes that normally shouldn't have access to KB to use it (Especially helpful on classes like Beguiler/Necro/Druid, who want to Kite)

- Give Alchemists Farming XP, they have Herbalism, why don't they get XP for farming?

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
- Remove Warp from Spec'd profs, will encourage ports and exploration via herogates. If warp has to stay, increase cost back to emeralds at least, redstone is too cheap.

- Consider overhaul of Farmer skill numbers and mechanic. Breeding should be restricted, chance for more mobs should be increased, and a skill for gathering meat should be implemented similar to Herbalism.

- Consider adding in naming items on smith, with reagent of name tag. Chat Rules and etc apply. I assume we still have the skill lying around, and could add the reagent to it.

- Replace Light on miner with literally anything, it is incredibly underwhelming, especially once you have DarkVision.

- Remove the ability to wield swords form Smith. Allows classes that normally shouldn't have access to KB to use it (Especially helpful on classes like Beguiler/Necro/Druid, who want to Kite)

- Give Alchemists Farming XP, they have Herbalism, why don't they get XP for farming?
Light for miner is useless AF when you can just turn your gamma up in options. Now correct me if im wrong aren't you only able to get name tags from mineshafts?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Light for miner is useless AF when you can just turn your gamma up in options. Now correct me if im wrong aren't you only able to get name tags from mineshafts?
Nametags are just from chests, yeah. Can be nether fort chests though.
If you edit options.txt and set gamma to 100 ("Bright" in client is 1) then you don't need anything to see.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Correct, that's why I'm saying replace it. Even for those that don't increase gamma, dark vision is far superior.

And yes, this would force people to choose names carefully, and give name tags both purpose and value.

Also seems there's some talk of Bard needing some changes. I'd love to talk about those.
Possible changes:

- Rework to either be moved to Support path and no longer a Rogue subtype, or added damage to fit Rogue with loss of some support potential.

- Small Melee increase (Remove Bow Usage in favor of Damage)

- Armor / Health Buff to help defend against focusing

- Lower CD on Kick, to allow a single target skill to be used regularly

I am not saying do all of these (That would break Bard), but just some ideas to play with. I feel like bard doesn't have a clear purpose.

Last edited:

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree warp is way too cheap, also a 5 min CD? I would like to see more use of GTP.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Alchemists do get exp for farming btw

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Suggested Changes for Friday so far:
-Remove shield from beguiler
-Increase Jump cooldown from 7.5-9
-Increase Jump stamina cost from 350-400
-Replaced Superjump with Dragonsmash
-Lowered Tremor's knockback
-Lower ninja's shear damage from 45-35
-Increase Backflip's cooldown from 6-6.5
-Increase bard's music disc damage from 25-30

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Suggested Changes for Friday so far:
-Remove shield from beguiler
-Increase Jump cooldown from 7.5-9
-Increase Jump stamina cost from 350-400
-Replaced Superjump with Dragonsmash
-Lowered Tremor's knockback
-Lower ninja's shear damage from 45-35
-Increase Backflip's cooldown from 6-6.5
-Increase bard's music disc damage from 25-30
Bruv you forgot about disciple damage on blaze rod.