• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Alchemist Idea]: Expanding TransmuteOre

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
As the title suggest in this thread I will suggesting some changes to how TransmuteOre works for alchemist which I feel is one of the main reasons why not as many people play it as compared to Smith or Miner. I know that there is no interest in changing the CD of this skill but perhaps the "nature" of it could.

Okay then let's start.

#1 Cut up the types
Currently-
TransmuteOre works as one skill that applies to varying materials that produce different things.
Change-
Cut each "Transmutation" into it's own skill. Same CD
Explanation-
Instead of TransmuteOre being a passive for all Ores, have a different one for each.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Example with current Transmutations:

TransmuteLapis:
Grid_Lapis_Lazuli_%28Block%29.png
16 =
Grid_Diamond_%28Gem%29.png
TransmuteCoal:
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png
64 =
Grid_Diamond_%28Gem%29.png
TransmuteOre:
Grid_Iron_%28Ore%29.png
18 =
Grid_Gold_%28Ingot%29.png
TransmuteIngot:
Grid_Iron_%28Ingot%29.png
20=
Grid_Gold_%28Ingot%29.png

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
#2 Reduce mana cost Slightly
Currently-
Currently the Mana cost of Transmuting is 25 mana which is pretty high. It has already been established that the time CD will not be changed and I accept that, but the mana cost is high imo.
Change-
Reduce the mana cost "from [25] to [15]"
Explanation-
I feel that if not my suggested number, which is somewhat random, than at the very least reduce it a little. The time waiting for your mana to recharge combine with the 2 min CD makes the skill very tedious to use. That's it pretty much.

#3 Add more types following idea #1
[This is just an idea that I wanted to throw in]
Currently-
There are only 4 "types" of transmuting skills.
Change-
Add more :cool:
Explantion-
Some ideas:
TransmuteCobble:
Grid_Cobblestone.png
64 =
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png

TransmuteRack:
Grid_Netherrack.png
15=
Grid_Nether_Quartz.png

TransmuteEmerald:
Grid_Block_of_Redstone.png
20 =
Grid_Emerald.png

TransmuteRose:
Grid_Rose.png
25=
Grid_Red_Apple.png
1 (Inspired by EE)

TransmuteLife:
Grid_Seeds.png
30=
Grid_Sapling.png

Tell me what you think. ^_^
-Light

Edit-
Asked some high level alchemists what they thought of the skill and class in general. (With their consent of course)
3cHBV7d.png

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
It would be cool to see these changes implemented, and possibly to make the transmute skills happen via a cauldron (drop items in, item pops back out). I'm not sure if this is possible though :/

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
It would be cool to see these changes implemented, and possibly to make the transmute skills happen via a cauldron (drop items in, item pops back out). I'm not sure if this is possible though :/

I think it would be better to keep the skill separate from cauldrons and maybe give them more affects and sound affects? Just my opinion.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Great suggestion! I like the colors and images :) I have done some calculations and an Alchemist smelting iron ore can make 2 coins per minute. That's about the same for miners. One thing better about Alchemists is that the cost is less but the profit/time is about the same. A miner buys a stack of gold ore for like 684 coins. He sells it for an average of 720 c making 36 c profit for a time of 16 minutes smelting. You can make 36c from alchemist from 3 stacks of iron ore. That will take 22 minutes to transmute. So a small decrease of the cool down would be great. Few people play alchemist compared to other proffesions. I think it needs a buff.
TransmuteCobble:
Grid_Cobblestone.png
64 =
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png
1 I think this should be 32 cobble to 1 iron

TransmuteEmerald:
20 =
Grid_Emerald.png
1 emerakds are like 4 c per. How about 40 redstone for 1 emerald

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Great suggestion! I like the colors and images :) I have done some calculations and an Alchemist smelting iron ore can make 2 coins per minute. That's about the same for miners. One thing better about Alchemists is that the cost is less but the profit/time is about the same. A miner buys a stack of gold ore for like 684 coins. He sells it for an average of 720 c making 36 c profit for a time of 16 minutes smelting. You can make 36c from alchemist from 3 stacks of iron ore. That will take 22 minutes to transmute. So a small decrease of the cool down would be great. Few people play alchemist compared to other proffesions. I think it needs a buff.
TransmuteCobble:
Grid_Cobblestone.png
64 =
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png
1 I think this should be 32 cobble to 1 iron

TransmuteEmerald:
20 =
Grid_Emerald.png
1 emerakds are like 4 c per. How about 40 redstone for 1 emerald

Last I checked Kainzo has no interest in messing with the CD because of possible abuse which is why I'm suggesting something different that I feel would improve Alchemists.

Maybe iron from emeralds and coal from bones? Seems more realistic.
TransmuteBone:
Grid_Bone.png
35 =
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png
TransmuteEmerald:
Grid_Emerald.png
2 =
Grid_Iron_%28Ingot%29.png

Although I hope the mana cost is reconsidered...
We wont be changing the cooldown or mana cost of TransmuteOre. Its taxing for the alchemist to use.

This is implemented for several reasons, to keep the economy and transmutation rates in check.

Mezular

Legacy Supporter 2
I support this idea, however of course it'll probably need some tweaking. I've always felt as though alchemist never had the potential that it could have, and I'd love to see an update in which the class is expanded. Maybe an overall profession update could be conducted as well, however I'm not too knowledgeable on how other professions could be expanded.
Back on the main topic, I'd love some new transmutations to increase the usefulness of the class, as well as more practicality as an overall profession. I'd really enjoy alchemist being expanded, hopefully the concepts suggested by Lightning will be added on to or tweaked as needed and implemented soon.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I support this idea, however of course it'll probably need some tweaking. I've always felt as though alchemist never had the potential that it could have, and I'd love to see an update in which the class is expanded. Maybe an overall profession update could be conducted as well, however I'm not too knowledgeable on how other professions could be expanded.
Back on the main topic, I'd love some new transmutations to increase the usefulness of the class, as well as more practicality as an overall profession. I'd really enjoy alchemist being expanded, hopefully the concepts suggested by Lightning will be added on to or tweaked as needed and implemented soon.

Agree completely

MagikCardz

Gold
Love it but I wanna see any transmute from anything in the cauldron. Like an endstone to something special.

MagikCardz

Gold
When you craft something from the cauldron. You just get a block. I want to see a skill that turns something like a grass block to something special from the transmute such as coal or redstone.