• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Alchemist Idea]: Expanding TransmuteOre

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I know it's possible, thaumcraft uses a system where cauldrons deposit things into your inventory. I'm just not sure if it would be possible on HC.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I know it's possible, thaumcraft uses a system where cauldrons deposit things into your inventory. I'm just not sure if it would be possible on HC.

I'm not sure if sending items directly to your inv with cauldrons is possible but it does sound cool. Maybe that could be another thing added if Alchemist is changed or expanded.

Hopefully TransmuteOre will be altered.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As the title suggest in this thread I will suggesting some changes to how TransmuteOre works for alchemist which I feel is one of the main reasons why not as many people play it as compared to Smith or Miner. I know that there is no interest in changing the CD of this skill but perhaps the "nature" of it could.

Okay then let's start.

#1 Cut up the types
Currently-
TransmuteOre works as one skill that applies to varying materials that produce different things.
Change-
Cut each "Transmutation" into it's own skill. Same CD
Explanation-
Instead of TransmuteOre being a passive for all Ores, have a different one for each.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Example with current Transmutations:

TransmuteLapis:
Grid_Lapis_Lazuli_%28Block%29.png
16 =
Grid_Diamond_%28Gem%29.png
TransmuteCoal:
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png
64 =
Grid_Diamond_%28Gem%29.png
TransmuteOre:
Grid_Iron_%28Ore%29.png
18 =
Grid_Gold_%28Ingot%29.png
TransmuteIngot:
Grid_Iron_%28Ingot%29.png
20=
Grid_Gold_%28Ingot%29.png

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
#2 Reduce mana cost Slightly
Currently-
Currently the Mana cost of Transmuting is 25 mana which is pretty high. It has already been established that the time CD will not be changed and I accept that, but the mana cost is high imo.
Change-
Reduce the mana cost "from [25] to [15]"
Explanation-
I feel that if not my suggested number, which is somewhat random, than at the very least reduce it a little. The time waiting for your mana to recharge combine with the 2 min CD makes the skill very tedious to use. That's it pretty much.

#3 Add more types following idea #1
[This is just an idea that I wanted to throw in]
Currently-
There are only 4 "types" of transmuting skills.
Change-
Add more :cool:
Explantion-
Some ideas:
TransmuteCobble:
Grid_Cobblestone.png
64 =
Grid_Coal_%28Item%29.png

TransmuteRack:
Grid_Netherrack.png
15=
Grid_Nether_Quartz.png

TransmuteEmerald:
Grid_Block_of_Redstone.png
20 =
Grid_Emerald.png

TransmuteRose:
Grid_Rose.png
25=
Grid_Red_Apple.png
1 (Inspired by EE)

TransmuteLife:
Grid_Seeds.png
30=
Grid_Sapling.png

Tell me what you think. ^_^
-Light

Edit-
Asked some high level alchemists what they thought of the skill and class in general. (With their consent of course)
3cHBV7d.png
I could see this coming in, along side with granting exp for using them so you can level off transmutation and NOT mindless mining.