• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Witch Class

Is this class a good idea?

• Total voters
I could agree with you on that, but I was building witch around the idea of being a rogue over a caster since it's more about being dodgy with less magical damage based skills. Any movements skills would have made the class too strong, as the hexes already make the class pretty powerful and good at avoiding damage.

Possibly replace kick with a move called "Trick" which takes the item in the persons hand and switches it with another hot bar item.

Sneak is just a skill for all rogues, and to me it meshes well. Hex someone, sneak away, let the hex annoy them.

One again, love your idea for trick xD that would cause so much mayhem on the field of battle

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
One again, love your idea for trick xD that would cause so much mayhem on the field of battle
Trick would be more of a troll skill.

It'd be worse if it placed it in somone's inventory instead.

Shriek sounds like a cool idea by the way, but instead, the caster should be rooted, and the person getting shrieked should be slowed. Any hexes on the person are removed, and with removal deal a small bit of damage. The shriek would last as long as the person doesn't left click, and the person getting shrieked at would be silenced, and take a small amount of damage every tick (10-12).

Shriek would cost like 60 mana, which would be almost 20 more than the reverb pace. The slow on shriek would be slow 2, so it's still possible to cancel it. Getting hit during shriek will stop it

--Edit--

To RemoveHex skill, instead of just removing hexes, it will remove the hexes and deal a minor bit of damage.

Trick would be more of a troll skill.

It'd be worse if it placed it in somone's inventory instead.

Shriek sounds like a cool idea by the way, but instead, the caster should be rooted, and the person getting shrieked should be slowed. Any hexes on the person are removed, and with removal deal a small bit of damage. The shriek would last as long as the person doesn't left click, and the person getting shrieked at would be silenced, and take a small amount of damage every tick (10-12).

Shriek would cost like 60 mana, which would be almost 20 more than the reverb pace. The slow on shriek would be slow 2, so it's still possible to cancel it. Getting hit during shriek will stop it

--Edit--

To RemoveHex skill, instead of just removing hexes, it will remove the hexes and deal a minor bit of damage.

Really want this to be a class xD everything just sounds great.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Main weapon : glass bottle to be unique :p,

Armor: full leather

Lvl 1 tumble

Lvl 1 potion throw (better name plz) throws a potion (like holy water) that deals 50 dmg and applies a random effect from a list of Slownees I 3sec, Mining fatigue I 2.5sec, wither for 1 sec, or an extra 10 dmg. -10 second cooldown 5% mana cost

Lvl 5

Lvl 55 Shriek, the witch shrieks with a sound of pure evil causing fear in their enemies. For the next 2.5s when a player within 4 blocks of witch tries to aim a skill it target someone within 1 block of the original target as they shake in fear! If no target is found the skill is cast as normal, mana cost 15% cooldown, 35s (not sure if this is even a possible skill)

T2 name: occultist (caster of course :p)
61 skill: All Hallows' Eve: The Witch harnesses the power of this dark day and for the next 15 seconds their skills have an increased effect of 10%! -cd 1 min mana cost 15%

I do have more ideas but I REALLY need to sleep so I will post everything in the morning, plz don't post any comments on this until a finish it :p

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Was thinking of how to make a witch sneaky while feeling witch like still....

Instead of sneak she would have transform. It makes her look like either a mob or an animal while hiding your name plate. To make it a little more fair I would suggest getting a speed debuff while transformed, it's not like most mobs move fast anyways. Taking any damage would cause the skill to end just like sneak. It would be hell of fun to sneak up on friends looking like a creeper.... I'm not sure if this would be possible though :s

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
Well I wanted a Pirate class and look where that went :(
Hey, we can make it happen if we try, I think... I hope. I mean, everyone loves pirates and stuff.

Anyway, the "Trick" skill from what I read, is the old disarm skill pretty much, disarm used to put the weapon you had in your inventory for a certain amount of time.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Main weapon : glass bottle to be unique :p,

Armor: full leather

Lvl 1 tumble

Lvl 1 potion throw (better name plz) throws a potion (like holy water) that deals 50 dmg and applies a random effect from a list of Slownees I 3sec, Mining fatigue I 2.5sec, wither for 1 sec, or an extra 10 dmg. -10 second cooldown 5% mana cost

Lvl 5

Lvl 55 Shriek, the witch shrieks with a sound of pure evil causing fear in their enemies. For the next 2.5s when a player within 4 blocks of witch tries to aim a skill it target someone within 1 block of the original target as they shake in fear! If no target is found the skill is cast as normal, mana cost 15% cooldown, 35s (not sure if this is even a possible skill)

T2 name: occultist (caster of course :p)
61 skill: All Hallows' Eve: The Witch harnesses the power of this dark day and for the next 15 seconds their skills have an increased effect of 10%! -cd 1 min mana cost 15%

I do have more ideas but I REALLY need to sleep so I will post everything in the morning, plz don't post any comments on this until a finish it :p
I like your ideas Trazil, but I always preferred the idea of a witch as a rogue. Magic has a lot of coverage in it's specific classes, whereas rogues do not. They have buffs, burst, whatever the hell ninja is, and range. Why not debuffs? Necromancer runs debuff central in the casters spot, and warriors have DreadKnight's. Obviously, support classes would not run a debuff set.

I was thinking the T2 name could be Wiccan, which is essentially another word for witch, except more powerful.

Not that I did not comment on the skills themselves but your choice to put witch in the caster category.

Was thinking of how to make a witch sneaky while feeling witch like still....

Instead of sneak she would have transform. It makes her look like either a mob or an animal while hiding your name plate. To make it a little more fair I would suggest getting a speed debuff while transformed, it's not like most mobs move fast anyways. Taking any damage would cause the skill to end just like sneak. It would be hell of fun to sneak up on friends looking like a creeper.... I'm not sure if this would be possible though :s

I like the idea, but you also have to think: If this class is ever to be made, who's working on it? Normally one or two people. The simpler it is to set up initially the faster and more likely it is to become an in-game class. I just chose sneak for the simplicity.

If they do ever get a transform skill, it should cost mana to maintain (like 10 mana per tick) and the player can only transform into pigs, sheep, or cows.

Finally, my main reason for placing witch in the rogue category is most of it's skill act more like runeblade. Cackle is based off of flicker, the hex system is basically a ranged type of rune that is placed on a player rather than a weapon. It doesn't follow in the line of casters either in the respect that it mainly debuffs, whereas casters usually play a more offensive role. And this class uses anti-caster skills. I just like the idea if a rogue witch over a caster witch.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I like your ideas Trazil, but I always preferred the idea of a witch as a rogue. Magic has a lot of coverage in it's specific classes, whereas rogues do not. They have buffs, burst, whatever the hell ninja is, and range. Why not debuffs? Necromancer runs debuff central in the casters spot, and warriors have DreadKnight's. Obviously, support classes would not run a debuff set.

I was thinking the T2 name could be Wiccan, which is essentially another word for witch, except more powerful.

Not that I did not comment on the skills themselves but your choice to put witch in the caster category.

I like the idea, but you also have to think: If this class is ever to be made, who's working on it? Normally one or two people. The simpler it is to set up initially the faster and more likely it is to become an in-game class. I just chose sneak for the simplicity.

If they do ever get a transform skill, it should cost mana to maintain (like 10 mana per tick) and the player can only transform into pigs, sheep, or cows.

Finally, my main reason for placing witch in the rogue category is most of it's skill act more like runeblade. Cackle is based off of flicker, the hex system is basically a ranged type of rune that is placed on a player rather than a weapon. It doesn't follow in the line of casters either in the respect that it mainly debuffs, whereas casters usually play a more offensive role. And this class uses anti-caster skills. I just like the idea if a rogue witch over a caster witch.
Just wait and see when I finish the skills list :p I got some rogue like skills that should fit well with the kit and lore wise

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian

People who practice Wicca (Wiccans) are actually somewhat dedicated to not harming others, so I disagree.
(Sorry about being that one person.)
"An harm ye none, do what ye will."

They are witches though. ;)

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
People who practice Wicca (Wiccans) are actually somewhat dedicated to not harming others, so I disagree.
(Sorry about being that one person.)
"An harm ye none, do what ye will."

They are witches though. ;)
Thanks for clarifying that.

You have an idea then?