• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Witch Class

Is this class a good idea?

• Total voters
Just a little idea last night, but we thought it would be cool to have like a witch class thats basically an AntiBard. Instead of buffing their party, they debuff their enemies. Have like Hex's, and Polymorphs that turn a target into a rabbit for a couple seconds. Maybe also give them a skill where they can cause bats to attack someone and deal dmg or have them be able to turn into bats for a couple seconds to get away faster. Just think it would be really cool to have a class like this.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Been playing pathfinder (the D&D like game) lately and have loved the witch class. So I'll throw out a bunch of ideas based upon how witches work in that, discard the ones you dislike.

You'd have hexes that would do different debuffs (distort enemy vision, slow them slightly or a weak damage over time). I can see hexes working two different ways.
1. You could have it so this works as an aoe aura around the witch like how the bards buffs are. This would make it so you could apply a certain debuff to a lot of enemies quickly without much counter play, the weakness of this would be that you'd have to be close to your enemies and being a caster class you won't survive long if not protected by your party.
2.They are single target spells with a duration of say 6 seconds or something. But witches would have access to another skill called cackle, each time they cackle they reset the duration of any active hexes within an area around her. This would make it so a witch could weave in and out of battle, reapplying her hexes with cackle which would help her not be in the center of things as much. On the other hand she wouldn't be able to cripple an enemy team instantly, at the beginning she could only apply the hexes to one target till they come off cooldown, so the longer the fight goes the more people she could potentially effect.

There could be a spell called Vision that when cast it tells witch of all players within 100 blocks or so of her. This won't say which direction they are or anything specific like that, it will more be a forewarning that she may have visitors soon.

Witches brew, upon casting the spell you lob a potion at an area, damaging everyone within a small area where it lands. Damage should certainly be on the lower side but perhaps it could apply a random hex to everyone in the blast radius or perhaps have it so anyone who stands in that area for the next few seconds continues to take more damage. You could have a few brewing stand animations going on to show people what area they should not be standing in. This way it could be useful for zoning people away from a particular area.

Last edited:

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Interesting idea, but this is kind off already beguiler. The old class used to have more debuff type things.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Just a little idea last night, but we thought it would be cool to have like a witch class thats basically an AntiBard. Instead of buffing their party, they debuff their enemies. Have like Hex's, and Polymorphs that turn a target into a rabbit for a couple seconds. Maybe also give them a skill where they can cause bats to attack someone and deal dmg or have them be able to turn into bats for a couple seconds to get away faster. Just think it would be really cool to have a class like this.
This is a class I would love to play, but it should be different from an anti-bard.

If we're referring to AoE debuffs, the class just wouldn't survive will in arena or 1v1's due to the shortened range. I think it should be focus attacks, with a few damaging spells, these damaging spells do little to no damage compared to other skills for casters, but it has the advantage of being able to debuff the opponent constantly. Also, you should only be able to place on hex on one player. So let's Bob attacks Alex, Alex places the Hex blind. This hex would last 6 seconds, and cackle would reset it, but you can't add another hex until it runs out, or you use another skill like "removehex" to remove the hexes. Of course, a blind hex would have to cost a shit ton of mana, because of how powerful it is. Since witch wouldn't be the type of 1v1 damage class, they should have one type of heal. Maybe a debuff-heal thing like soulleech. Witches could also have a passive that makes potions more effective (last longer, higher grade etc.) for that class.

One of the damaging spells could be like a harming potion type thing.

The skill curse would be excellent for this class.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
This is a class I would love to play, but it should be different from an anti-bard.

If we're referring to AoE debuffs, the class just wouldn't survive will in arena or 1v1's due to the shortened range. I think it should be focus attacks, with a few damaging spells, these damaging spells do little to no damage compared to other skills for casters, but it has the advantage of being able to debuff the opponent constantly. Also, you should only be able to place on hex on one player. So let's Bob attacks Alex, Alex places the Hex blind. This hex would last 6 seconds, and cackle would reset it, but you can't add another hex until it runs out, or you use another skill like "removehex" to remove the hexes. Of course, a blind hex would have to cost a shit ton of mana, because of how powerful it is. Since witch wouldn't be the type of 1v1 damage class, they should have one type of heal. Maybe a debuff-heal thing like soulleech. Witches could also have a passive that makes potions more effective (last longer, higher grade etc.) for that class.

I want this in-game like really badly.

This is a really great idea. a lot better then an Antibard ^-^

Interesting idea, but this is kind off already beguiler. The old class used to have more debuff type things.

The Key word is OLD class. Beguiler is no longer like that. and this class would have more dmg then them. where beguiler is good at messing up the battle field by stunning people and messing up there movement, a Witch be more utility. It would Debuff an target and weaken their dmg out put, instead of just messing them up. and i do like @Xelarator1 's idea about amplifying potions and maybe (i know someones going to yell at me about it xD) give them like a summon potion skill for some of there moves, maybe just weaker brewing potions, but still be useful for a witch

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
The Key word is OLD class. Beguiler is no longer like that. and this class would have more dmg then them. where beguiler is good at messing up the battle field by stunning people and messing up there movement, a Witch be more utility. It would Debuff an target and weaken their dmg out put, instead of just messing them up. and i do like @Xelarator1 's idea about amplifying potions and maybe (i know someones going to yell at me about it xD) give them like a summon potion skill for some of there moves, maybe just weaker brewing potions, but still be useful for a witch
There should be no class that does more damage then beguiler. There is a reason that it has been nerfed.
The hexes wouldn't be a bad idea, but for that this class should not do too much damage. Debuffs and ass loads of damage just don't go together :p

Last edited:
There should be no class that does more damage then beguiler. There is a reason that it has been nerfed.
The hexes wouldn't be a bad idea, but for that this class should not do too much damage. Debuffs and ass loads of damage just don't go together :p

true, very true xD maybe weak DoT's that last a while..like a buffed poison xD

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
true, very true xD maybe weak DoT's that last a while..like a buffed poison xD
Necro has DoT locked down.

Major debuffs, minor damage. Something similar to like a buffed harming potion that deals about 80-90 with a 10s cool down.

Hexes could be like nausea hex, blind hex, slow hex, you can only place on hex on a person, hexes cost mana per tick (slightly more than regen pace) and cackle costs mana to do. Cackle resets the time on hexes. No mana regain tools except maybe something similar to dark rit or devour magic.

Sounds closer to a rogue class than a caster, so sneak, kick, etc.

No heals at all. Given the tools it has to debuff no need to heal. Possibly a super short blink (like 5 blocks)

Attributes

Int-highest
Agil-higher
Wisdom-high
Str-low
Con-low

Armor-
Chain helm
Leather chest
Leather pants
Leater boots

Weapon-
Staff, maybe. Or a new weapon of sorts.

Skills-(ideas)

Lvl 1 Passive Tumble

Lv 1 PotionThrow: Throws a potion of harming at a short range dealing around 80-90 damage, on a 10s cool down.

Lvl 1 Sneak

Lv 5 RemoveHexes: Removes all hexes and returns mana at a 60% rate

Lvl 5 Blind Hex: Target gets 2s blindness every 3s

Lvl 12 Dark Ritual (or switch this with devour magic at 22.)

Lvl 22 Devour Magic (if Dark rit is replaces this one, then place Nausea hex here

Lvl 30 Nausea Hex: As long as the hex lasts, gives the nausea effect for 2s every 3s. Costs a little less than mana regen to keep going.

Lvl 35 Kick

Lvl 40 Re-Hex: Resets the time on all hexes (might be removed, making a hexes permanent.)

Lvl 50 Cackle: (The user wickedly cackles for several seconds, throwing off opponents concentration.)
AoE silence skill that silences a caster for 0.5 seconds every 3 seconds over the course of 9 seconds. Good for disrupting bolt, etc.

Lvl 55 Slow Hex:
Slows the target with slowness 1 every 3s for .05s (prevents easy sprints)

Lvl 60 PotionRainHex:
AoE version of throw potion, makes it rain a weaker version (20-30 dmg) potions on a certain area like blizzard, but unlike blizzard in that this is a sort of hex that follows the player. It costs a LOT of mana to maintain, and therefore should only be used as a last resort

Following the idea of a rogue over caster, this class plays a more mobile mid-range fighter, and fills that slow pretty well in my opinion. The idea would be to use hexes to interrupt opponents, Cackle to counter casters, nausea, blind, and slow hexes to help kite and avoid damage. Kite around and throw potions. Hexes wear off if the witch is out of a certain range (about say, 50 blocks?). Skills like potion rain provide an extra boost to damage at an extremely heavy mana cost. Witch spelizes best in debuffing and kiting opponents, whittling down their health with throw potion while using hexes to avoid damage.

I'm new to the whole class building thing, so any advice or ideas will help. Tell me if you like this idea, as well.

Major debuffs, minor damage. Something similar to like a buffed harming potion that deals about 80-90 with a 10s cool down.

Hexes could be like nausea hex, blind hex, slow hex, you can only place on hex on a person, hexes cost mana per tick (slightly more than regen pace) and cackle costs mana to do. Cackle resets the time on hexes. No mana regain tools except maybe something similar to dark rit or devour magic.

No heals at all. Given the tools it has to debuff no need to heal. Possibly a super short blink (like 5 blocks)

Attributes

Int-highest
Agil-higher
Wisdom-high
Str-low
Con-low

Armor-
Chain helm
Leather chest
Leather pants
Leater boots

Weapon-

Skills-(ideas)

Lvl 1 Passive Tumble

Lv 1 PotionThrow: Throws a potion of harming at a short range dealing around 80-90 damage, on a 10s cool down.

Lvl 1 Sneak

Lvl 22 Devour Magic (if Dark rit is replaces this one, then place Nausea hex here

Lvl 30 Nausea Hex: As long as the hex lasts, gives the nausea effect for 2s every 3s. Costs a little less than mana regen to keep going.

Lvl 35 Kick

Lvl 40 Re-Hex: Resets the time on all hexes (might be removed, making a hexes permanent.)

Lvl 50 Cackle: (The user wickedly cackles for several seconds, throwing off opponents concentration.)
AoE silence skill that silences a caster for 0.5 seconds every 3 seconds over the course of 9 seconds. Good for disrupting bolt, etc.

Lvl 55 Slow Hex:

Lvl 60 PotionRainHex:
AoE version of throw potion, makes it rain a weaker version (20-30 dmg) potions on a certain area like blizzard, but unlike blizzard in that this is a sort of hex that follows the player. It costs a LOT of mana to maintain, and therefore should only be used as a last resort

Following the idea of a rogue over caster, this class plays a more mobile mid-range fighter, and fills that slow pretty well in my opinion. The idea would be to use hexes to interrupt opponents, Cackle to counter casters, nausea, blind, and slow hexes to help kite and avoid damage. Kite around and throw potions. Hexes wear off if the witch is out of a certain range (about say, 50 blocks?). Skills like potion rain provide an extra boost to damage at an extremely heavy mana cost. Witch spelizes best in debuffing and kiting opponents, whittling down their health with throw potion while using hexes to avoid damage.

I'm new to the whole class building thing, so any advice or ideas will help. Tell me if you like this idea, as well.

I really like these ideas, a lot better then anything i could come up with. And maybe their 61 skill (if it ever gets that far) is like a banshee scream kind of thing. have it a continues channel that drains mana and slows the users movement speed, but anyone in, lets say 10 blocks, in front of the caster has a nausea affect or a slow, and takes a little bit of dmg each second they are exposed to the scream, maybe even have it silence them if exposed for to long. But the mana drain rate would be a lot so they couldn't keep the scream up for a while.

Or give them like a debuff that slowly drains the amount of dmg a target can do, maybe (idk how to code this xD) have it drain the primary state for a class.

Last edited:

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter

Attributes

Int-highest
Agil-higher
Wisdom-high
Str-low
Con-low

Armor-
Chain helm
Leather chest
Leather pants
Leater boots

Weapon-

Skills-(ideas)

Lvl 1 Passive Tumble

Lvl 1 Sneak

Lvl 35 Kick

Lvl 55 Slow Hex:

Lvl 60 PotionRainHex:

I really like the skills, I'd only question the addition of kick and sneak. They just don't seem very witch like to me. Witches are usually portrayed as powerful and manipulative, yet often afflicted with physical ailments (usually due to age but sometimes curses). Also most of them are rather proud, while they will happily lie and trick others for their personal gain they usually give off a strong or odd presence when others are around them, certainly not sneaky at all. And yes I know my reasons for objecting are simply due to fluff.

Camouflage or a skill like force push fit the flavor of a witch a little better in my opinion.

I do really like the rest of the skills though, I'm especially happy to see that you didn't put in any movement skill in for her.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I really like the skills, I'd only question the addition of kick and sneak. They just don't seem very witch like to me. Witches are usually portrayed as powerful and manipulative, yet often afflicted with physical ailments (usually due to age but sometimes curses). Also most of them are rather proud, while they will happily lie and trick others for their personal gain they usually give off a strong or odd presence when others are around them, certainly not sneaky at all. And yes I know my reasons for objecting are simply due to fluff.

Camouflage or a skill like force push fit the flavor of a witch a little better in my opinion.

I do really like the rest of the skills though, I'm especially happy to see that you didn't put in any movement skill in for her.
I could agree with you on that, but I was building witch around the idea of being a rogue over a caster since it's more about being dodgy with less magical damage based skills. Any movements skills would have made the class too strong, as the hexes already make the class pretty powerful and good at avoiding damage.

Possibly replace kick with a move called "Trick" which takes the item in the persons hand and switches it with another hot bar item.

Sneak is just a skill for all rogues, and to me it meshes well. Hex someone, sneak away, let the hex annoy them.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I could agree with you on that, but I was building witch around the idea of being a rogue over a caster since it's more about being dodgy with less magical damage based skills. Any movements skills would have made the class too strong, as the hexes already make the class pretty powerful and good at avoiding damage.

Possibly replace kick with a move called "Trick" which takes the item in the persons hand and switches it with another hot bar item.

Sneak is just a skill for all rogues, and to me it meshes well. Hex someone, sneak away, let the hex annoy them.

If witch were to be put under the rogue path then I'd agree that it should have those skills, if it were to be put under the mage path then probably not.