• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A pvp ruleset server

AtomicTempest

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm interested poke me with msg I can do scripting I've had mc server for a long time that I was building so I pretty much know alot

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
We will let people know once discussions have lead to something viable. I want the community to know what were doing and keep everyone up to date. We are taking this thread into MAJOR consideration. If you have any other kinds of feedback please please PLEASE post it here. Don't sit back, let your voice be heard.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Here are a couple of ideas. These are pretty drastic changes to what we are used to, but I thought it was worth sharing due to it creating discussion and creating bigger and better ideas.

Please let me know your thoughts on these.

Levelling
Open world vanilla mobs
  • Players can kill mobs in open world or possibly a separate world for mob spawns in the wild.
EDIT: Instead of open world vanilla mobs
-the original stronghold like dungeons where normal mobs spawned in underground strongholds, dungeons scattered around a small dungeon world.

Spawners / Grinder rooms
  • Players can buy mob spawners for an expensive price at spawn.
  • Large sum of coins
  • Lapis (giving lapis a purpose and making it valuable)
  • These mob spawners can be turned into mob grinders.

Townships
We have been doing open world townships for 8 years, is this still sustainable? If you look around the most popular servers, and servers as a whole, there really isn’t a whole lot of open world game play on a singular map anymore. Factions still do it, yet that is a dying game mode.
This is one idea, it certainly does not need to be used, I just really think this is one part of the server we need to really address.

The main world is a spawn/hub
Taking a leaf out of sky-block, perhaps players / townships have their own map/world/island like skyblock.
  • Player island map (20x20 map of terrain)
  • Increase with size with tier
  • PVP on
  • PVE on during the first 7 days of logging in for new players with the option to turn it off.
  • If player islands are not something we want, possibly a large world/map where you can buy small plots amongst other people.
  • Township island map
  • 100x100
  • Size increase with town upgrade
  • PVP on always
  • Highly encourage townships, we want people in towns rather than personal islands.

Players can teleport to other towns / players maps for a cost.
Spawning players run from a bridge to the other players/towns island so there is some chance of escape.

Resources are gathered from the ‘resource world’, PVP on.

Essentially its a multi-world / dimension server.

Classes
New classes created with already existing skills. Let's make something different hey, same classes for a long time on the main server, and this server needs to differentiate itself.

AtomicTempest

Legacy Supporter 9
Here are a couple of ideas. These are pretty drastic changes to what we are used to, but I thought it was worth sharing due to it creating discussion and creating bigger and better ideas.

Please let me know your thoughts on these.

Levelling
Open world vanilla mobs
  • Players can kill mobs in open world or possibly a separate world for mob spawns in the wild.
EDIT: Instead of open world vanilla mobs
-the original stronghold like dungeons where normal mobs spawned in underground strongholds, dungeons scattered around a small dungeon world.

Spawners / Grinder rooms
  • Players can buy mob spawners for an expensive price at spawn.
  • Large sum of coins
  • Lapis (giving lapis a purpose and making it valuable)
  • These mob spawners can be turned into mob grinders.

Townships
We have been doing open world townships for 8 years, is this still sustainable? If you look around the most popular servers, and servers as a whole, there really isn’t a whole lot of open world game play on a singular map anymore. Factions still do it, yet that is a dying game mode.
This is one idea, it certainly does not need to be used, I just really think this is one part of the server we need to really address.

The main world is a spawn/hub
Taking a leaf out of sky-block, perhaps players / townships have their own map/world/island like skyblock.
  • Player island map (20x20 map of terrain)
  • Increase with size with tier
  • PVP on
  • PVE on during the first 7 days of logging in for new players with the option to turn it off.
  • If player islands are not something we want, possibly a large world/map where you can buy small plots amongst other people.
  • Township island map
  • 100x100
  • Size increase with town upgrade
  • PVP on always
  • Highly encourage townships, we want people in towns rather than personal islands.

Players can teleport to other towns / players maps for a cost.
Spawning players run from a bridge to the other players/towns island so there is some chance of escape.

Resources are gathered from the ‘resource world’, PVP on.

Essentially its a multi-world / dimension server.

Classes
New classes created with already existing skills. Let's make something different hey, same classes for a long time on the main server, and this server needs to differentiate itself.

I like the idea of open world leveling but buying spawners at spawn is pretty dumb idea and I don't really like it. We should add normal town system like there was before and of course residences for solo players. We don't want to force people to group up and please don't make it so we can teleport to others for currency this is pretty dumb.
We don't want to make it complicated just like there was herocraft in old times in enough for very good amount of fun.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea of open world leveling but buying spawners at spawn is pretty dumb idea and I don't really like it. We should add normal town system like there was before and of course residences for solo players. We don't want to force people to group up and please don't make it so we can teleport to others for currency this is pretty dumb.
We don't want to make it complicated just like there was herocraft in old times in enough for very good amount of fun.
teleporting to players isn't what I said, teleporting to town islands/maps if we went along doing that multi-world stuff...which was just a random idea. If we did just the normal open world townships, of course there wouldn't be teleporting to players... that isn't what I said.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
We do have a good basic "outline" right now.

Once we get some more information together we can share a bit of the outline so people can weigh in.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
It would really interesting if somebody could code a feudalism system in a workable way. HeroCraft would be a great fit for something like that.

The basic idea is that each player can swear fealty to one and only one other player. After the collecting the first vassal, the player becomes a Lord, which unlocks combat classes/abilities. Once a player becomes liege to X number vassals, he becomes a Baron. Next level is Count, which requires X Barons as vassals. Then Duke, King, and perhaps even Emperor. Each feudal level unlocks more abilities. Also, the feudal levels are cumulative. For example, upon becoming a Duke, one retains one's former County and Barony titles, too.

Lieges are able to set taxes and other policies.

Each player can claim X number of chunks, and holders of feudal offices can claim a certain number of bonus chunks for for the given level of their realm. Claims can be, and usually would be, nested. So a given chunk could be the homestead of player so-and-so, and also part of Lord X's holding, the Barony of Y, and Duchy of Z.

Structure is fluid, since vassals can claim independence, which prompts a war between the former liege and the newly independent vassal. If the liege wins, he reclaims the vassal's power structure and the disobedient vassal gets some sort of penalty. If the vassal wins, he gets independence.

Feudal office holders can also declare war against peers to try to take over and consolidate their power network.

This creates an ongoing, legitimate reason for lots of wars and PvP.

One caveat: those lowest level players? They are serfs, merchants, clergy, etc. They cannot take anything but the most basic combat abilities, but they are the only players who can take professions. (This is where the PvEers can thrive.) Liege level players specialize in combat and governance -- they don't dirty their hands with mundane tasks.

Anyway, there is tons more to unpack and flesh out here, but I envision a sort of Crusader Kings II kind of thing. In Minecraft.

Food for thought, anyway, and since people seem to be brainstorming, I figured I'd add my two cents.

Cheers!

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
Its been a long time since ive played herocraft. it was my first and only pvp server. i miss it, i miss the friends. i think a simple system would be quite welcome. has this already been implemented?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Its been a long time since ive played herocraft. it was my first and only pvp server. i miss it, i miss the friends. i think a simple system would be quite welcome. has this already been implemented?
No. There’s various talks going on and some of us are working on implementing something like this.