• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Level Affair

Are you in favour of dungeons/exp/leveling in their current state?

• Total voters

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not just him. The larger towns camp the only viable place to level up, T6 dungeons always have a larger town in them, and that makes any and all leveling almost impossible.

It's almost not possible to play herocraft solo, where it used to be before last map.

This argument is false. T6 dungeons are massive and I rarely find anyone trying to gank me, and I level solo. @Rofii is an exception to the rule as he has literally not killed 1 mob all map and is complaining that he's only level 20 in his combat class (from votes and soul shards). Duh. If you're going to complain, at least have something to cling on.

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok we all agree the grind is terrible but if it takes you a month to get to level 20 that is 100% your fault

No. Fighting mobs sucks like hell. That is staffs fault. :p If it weren't so boring maybe I would have killed more than 3 mobs in 4 weeks.

This argument is false. T6 dungeons are massive and I rarely find anyone trying to gank me, and I level solo. @Rofii is an exception to the rule as he has literally not killed 1 mob all map and is complaining that he's only level 20 in his combat class (from votes and soul shards). Duh. If you're going to complain, at least have something to cling on.

I wasn't complaining. I've already given up on HC being fun again and moved on to other games and servers. I've come to the conclusion that HC is intended for DayZ players, not Minecraft players. I guess I'm one of the only people that play Minecraft to.... surpise.... mine and craft. Who'da thunk it?

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
I solo leveled dragoon and ninja in t6 dungeons, only came across a single person once or twice. No town can hard camp both dungeons, they are too big.
Well explain that to my friend who quit after being camped at redhand. Your point
So you're saying it's the players fault and not how the game is designed? That's a little accusing don't ya think?

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Well explain that to my friend who quit after being camped at redhand. Your point

So you're saying it's the players fault and not how the game is designed? That's a little accusing don't ya think?

I think he's more pointing out that Rofii is an extreme example. I despise leveling and even I mastered a couple classes during beta, though that was when I actually cared enough to play. However, he's far from the only person who's been discouraged from leveling by its very nature.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
I think he's more pointing out that Rofii is an extreme example. I despise leveling and even I mastered a couple classes during beta, though that was when I actually cared enough to play. However, he's far from the only person who's been discouraged from leveling by its very nature.
To be honest, I think every thing can be fixed if we had community meeting's more often, like biweekly or something.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
During such a...transitional period...weekly might be best.
Runes cape does weekly Q&A''s on twitch, where they look at player suggestions and discuss upcoming changes. Even a 2 hour meeting on a week day would help out right now.
I honestly feel there is a lack of communication between the players (as a community, not as individuals) and the administration.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Runes cape does weekly Q&A''s on twitch, where they look at player suggestions and discuss upcoming changes. Even a 2 hour meeting on a week day would help out right now.
I honestly feel there is a lack of communication between the players (as a community, not as individuals) and the administration.

We've (dev/balance) been trying to bridge that gap, but I'm not sure how well it's working. I'm fairly certain at least @Danda and @xexorian agree with us on this count.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
We've (dev/balance) been trying to bridge that gap, but I'm not sure how well it's working. I'm fairly certain at least @Danda and @xexorian agree with us on this count.
I understand and can see where you're coming from, but I (and quite a few people) feel like the dev/balance team are out of touch, and that they are ignoring a few major concerns for the server's life expectancy.

But I really do think there should be weekly community meetings to discuss major changes right now, and I liked the format last time, I don't think we need the donor tiers in the discord to be able to discuss major changes, expecially when people are civil and work together to help the server.

(edit: wording and formatting)

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
No. Fighting mobs sucks like hell. That is staffs fault. :p If it weren't so boring maybe I would have killed more than 3 mobs in 4 weeks.

I wasn't complaining. I've already given up on HC being fun again and moved on to other games and servers. I've come to the conclusion that HC is intended for DayZ players, not Minecraft players. I guess I'm one of the only people that play Minecraft to.... surpise.... mine and craft. Who'da thunk it?
hm i think Dayz players is for Dayz players noob

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I understand and can see where you're coming from, but I (and quite a few people) feel like the dev/balance team are out of touch, and that they are ignoring a few major concerns for the server's life expectancy.

But I really do think there should be weekly community meetings to discuss major changes right now, and I liked the format last time, I don't think we need the donor tiers in the discord to be able to discuss major changes, expecially when people are civil and work together to help the server.

(edit: wording and formatting)
I'd certainly be interested in more community meetings.

However, we'd have to have commitment from Staff and Kainzo that suggestions would not only be looked at, but actually considered and worked on instead of just "Yeah that sounds ok" and never looking at it again.

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
I'd certainly be interested in more community meetings.

However, we'd have to have commitment from Staff and Kainzo that suggestions would not only be looked at, but actually considered and worked on instead of just "Yeah that sounds ok" and never looking at it again.

slightly related the township changes were form that meeting. and i think they went quite successfully except for a few minor hiccups since i cant test them lol.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I wouldn't mind cutting all mob HP by at least half, and raising T1 Dungeon EXP by 200%, T2 by 150%, T3 by 100%, T4 by 75%, T5 by 50%, and T6 by 25%. JS. (the actual % would vary based on integer numbers of EXP, but the idea is to make it much, much easier.)

I would also like to see PvE drops that can be used to enhance gear, that isn't only from the bosses.

@Kainzo What do you think, boss? Should I take another crack at all the mobs, This week/weekend?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I wouldn't mind cutting all mob HP by at least half, and raising T1 Dungeon EXP by 200%, T2 by 150%, T3 by 100%, T4 by 75%, T5 by 50%, and T6 by 25%. JS. (the actual % would vary based on integer numbers of EXP, but the idea is to make it much, much easier.)

I would also like to see PvE drops that can be used to enhance gear, that isn't only from the bosses.

@Kainzo What do you think, boss? Should I take another crack at all the mobs, This week/weekend?
My vote is don't just arbitrarily scale it, figure out the numbers by working out the hp to exp ratio and base numbers off of that data so you don't create situations where lower dungeons are more efficient

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
My vote is don't just arbitrarily scale it, figure out the numbers by working out the hp to exp ratio and base numbers off of that data so you don't create situations where lower dungeons are more efficient

That was my plan - but based on my previous math, those are just estimates. Their current values are based on having PVE scaling being much more efficient, and a MUCH lower total EXP to hit max.

spiralz

Obsidian
That was my plan - but based on my previous math, those are just estimates. Their current values are based on having PVE scaling being much more efficient, and a MUCH lower total EXP to hit max.

Your suggestions sound very well thought-out and informed and I'd like to see some of these changes. I think the live server is a good way to test experimental changes at a rapid pace to find that one sweet spot that is widely accepted.

You are a voice of hope in these dark times, Xexo. Show us the light!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Your suggestions sound very well thought-out and informed and I'd like to see some of these changes. I think the live server is a good way to test experimental changes at a rapid pace to find that one sweet spot that is widely accepted.

You are a voice of hope in these dark times, Xexo. Show us the light!

Will work this week on leveling changes to all mobs. Stay tuned. T5 and T6 will give 15 and 30% better EXP rates for being PVP dungeons, but all mobs will be tuned for HP/EXP to be equal upto those tiers. So if a mob has 10HP it MIGHT give 0.1 EXP.

First, I will gather data on all tier exp rates per hp of mobs, and find an average, mean, and min/max values. Once I have these data points, I will create a plot for difficulty curve, and average them all to the current easiest point. Then I will test it on simulations using the current mobs and skill/weapon damage left clicks of known classes I've played. Then I will see how fast that is compared to simulations running previous configurations. Once all my data agrees, I'll make the neccessary changes and upload it to the backend for Kainzo to throw on the server.

Basically, everything will give the same EXP based on how hard it is to kill. So if you can kill faster you might find some of the older spots easier. To compensate for this and PVP viability. I will purposefully buff T5 and T6 EXP rates to make them worth your time in group play or solo. Mob difficulty might remain the same currently as that will require far more time to adjust across 300-400+ mobs than managing a simple data simulation on exp/hp rates currently, against proposed changes outlined above and then implementing them.

I'll basically be using as much of an empirical datapoint/simulation test as I can. This way it can be refuted the least. If anyone disagrees with my changes, you'll either need some hard evidence of something being broken, or my changes weren't enough and can be easily done again by building upon my previous data collection. Anything from the bonus T5/T6 give, to the base linear rate of EXP gained per HP a mob has, across all tiers, individual tiers, per mob type, per mob "classification", or per individual mob, can be changed.

Last edited:

Dewyn

Retired Staff
First, I will gather data on all tier exp rates per hp of mobs, and find an average, mean, and min/max values. Once I have these data points, I will create a plot for difficulty curve, and average them all to the current easiest point.

Anything from the bonus T5/T6 give, to the base linear rate of EXP gained per HP a mob has, across all tiers, individual tiers, per mob type, per mob "classification", or per individual mob, can be changed.

@battle00333 has already done the data collection for you.

Did someone say Data?

On a side note, while completely unrelated. Its funny how a few but more iconic players, said gathering this data was A waste of Time :rolleyes: