• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A letter to all of Herocraft.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
First off, this is a serious thread. If you're just going to reply saying something stupid and immature, just close this page now.

Open this in a new tab before reading. Background music to set the mood.
(Click the link with your scroll wheel to open it in a new tab)

Friends, Heroes, Countrymen, lend me your ears;

I've come to a sad, scary realization today. Herocraft is almost one year old. I've been here since the end of the second map, which was December. But others like TrinityDown, Kainzo, Apherdite, and a few others have been here since the start of it all. We all have our own experiences, our own memories, and our own history on the server. Not knowing it, we've all - even the day old members of Herocraft - have made our mark on the server. Not only have many of us been a part of the luscious ever-growing community, but we've made permanent marks in each others memories. Friends, enemies, hackers, murderers, thiefs, trolls, and even the kids of the server, have made an impact on some of us.

Over the past eight months, I've had a great time on Herocraft playing with all of you guys. Good memories, bad memories, i've got them all. We've got them all. Back in December, I stole from someone's chest without knowing it wasn't allowed (back then it was illegal), and I was caught by lucky644. I was banned for a few hours, until I was given another chance by the kind Seratt (who I dont see anymore..). Without that chance, I wouldn't be here. And i'm so greatful for that chance.

I was here to mess around when Kainzo actually had the time to enjoy playing minecraft [x] [x] [x]. I was here to watch the growth of my dear kingdom, The Kingdom of Edolas. I was here to be one of the leaders of NATO, and to watch the total destruction of Madlum. I was here to witness Neo_Exdeath destroying half the map. I was here to watch Brutalacerate spam the chat multiple times. The good memories could fill this post up instantly. But they aren't all good. I was here to witness Autonomic hack the server, unwhitelist everyone, and pour lava all over the map. I was here to watch the rise of Blasphemy, and the countless murder of innocence. I was here through the horrible lag of minecraft updates, and the tough work of our coding team to get it back to normal. I was here to witness the countless hackers and glitchers who get banned monthly. I was here when Zidonuke hacked and DDoS'd our server. There's lots of bad memories. And we all have those too.

I guess I should get to my point here, i'm mindlessly rambling on. Playing on Herocraft, isn't a right. It's a privilege. Think of what your Minecraft experience would be like without Herocraft. You would have never met the hardest working server owner I know, you would have never met your mayor, you would have never met Brutalacerate (<3), heck some of you would rather have known me, then not known me at all. I know I myself dont want to lose contact with any of you. I've talked to most of you everyday for months now. Some in game, most in Teamspeak. I've made some friends that I might never lose. Most of you have too. Herocraft isn't just a game, it's a community. And some of us need to really understand that. Without the community, this is just single-player. Many of you are new, some of you are old. But all of us were given a chance to be part of this growth. All of us are contributing to something that will never be forgotten. In 50 years, at least one of us would still remember Herocraft. They would still have a memory, maybe even a person to remember from Herocraft.

I've been thinking a bit about quitting, but I cant get myself to do it. I took a month off, and I cant stop myself from coming back to the Teamspeak, back to minecraft, back to this community. Our community. I would miss you all too much. Today the server went down, and I started looking through my photobucket. I found pictures, screenshots, memories. I was instantly in a depressed nostalgic mood. I wanted to replay the whole thing. Make the buildings we've made, meet the people i've met, sing like we used to sing, all again. I realized how much of an impact Herocraft has made on my memories. On my life. Before I joined the server, I would go on crap daily. When I joined, I had to change the way I spoke, change the way I acted. It made me stop going to crap. It free'd me from the addiction of refreshing that website all day. If I didn't stop, I would have kept on going there everyday, gaining weight by sitting at the computer everyday, and eventually putting myself into a bad physical state. A few days ago, I got my blood tests back, and learned I have a high uric acid level in my blood. If I continue eating like I do, and living like I do, the uric acid would cause arthritis, kidney stones, diabetes, even a stroke. But a friend I made on herocraft tells me everday, encourages me to get off the computer, and get myself out of this mess. They care about me. They are true friends. Even if it is online, we're all humans.

As we continue to grow, to socialize, to build, I want all of you to think to yourselves, you've been given a chance to meet all these wonderful people. You would have never met them without Herocraft. Some of my favorite memories are from Teamspeak. It's there, it's free, and many of our users already use it. So why aren't you using it? Why do you go on playing the game, without taking the opportunity to interact with people on a whole new level. Everyone is different, everyone talks differently, everyone sounds different. You're not alone. If that's what stops you, then grow up. Get on there, interact with everyone. It might make a huge impact on your life. Maybe even save it, like it might be doing right now. I love you all, and would never want any harm to come to you. Even if i'm an asshole to you sometimes(Xanipher), trash talk you(MattMellander), even try to hurt your feeling, I still care about all of you. We're one big online family. And with every day, we get closer and closer.

As I wrap this emotional train crash up, I would love it if you guys shared some of your memories with Herocraft. Best, worst, doesnt matter. Share with us. Get to know each other. Think of this thread as a way to get closer to each other. I've shared, now its your turn.

Edit: Some of you ask me why I donate much more then $60. It's because I love this server, and I love to help it grow. All of the donors help the server grow. Even the T1's. You all made this possible. I'd also like to add a thank you to Kainzo, Apherdite, and the rest of Herocraft's wonderful staff. Without you all, Herocraft would not be where it is right now. Thank you so much.

Edit2: The redneck bastard who likes Mac's wanted to be mentioned in this. :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That was rather deep Amgroma.

but yes i agree :D

P.S hope you get better

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Wow. I randomly woke up, took a poop, then saw this.

Well said man. I'm glad someone else feels the same way about Herocraft as I do. I get in those depressed "missing the old times" moods about everything. I know where you're coming from and it feels good to relive them through pictures, recordings and other shit.

I have got to say, honestly, that this server has given me a harder work ethic, seriously. I wake up, sometimes, at like 3:00 AM and the first thing I do is just on here and hit Petitions and start helping people. Why? I love this community a lot. I wouldn't ever leave for any reason. I work 2 not so stable jobs. 1 through a contractor. I go to work at random times so most of my free time is out of the blue and I usually spend it jumping on here and doing what I can to help. I love it. Haha. I love banning the assholes and helping the respectable players.

I've been here since what, 1 day after you? December 23rd is when I joined, 1st day of the 3rd map, and I knew in January that this was the place for me. I've never been more attached to a community than I have Herocraft. No bullshit. I spend more time here than I do with my own family. My girlfriend sees how big I smile when I jump off the computer to poop, pound a beer and much on a piece of pizza. She loves that Herocraft 95% of the time puts me in a great mood. The other 5% is when I'm replying to ban appeals and having to read that they're innocent. Well, doesn't work out too great after I post the video.

With all of that emotional kiss my heart shit said; Herocraft, I want to rape you with my love!

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Hehe yea you're probably the fastest one to get up the ranks to Administraper, and there's a reason behind it. You've helped out the community, and been a great addition to the staff. Good job, Mr.Assrape.

I hope you come back soon... :)
As for now, farewell and good luck.
I also have to agree with Danda, that was just moving. :D
Heh I'm not leaving :p I cant leave. I'd miss your lemons too much.

Jloy1

Legacy Supporter 7
Hehehe... What lemons? :3

I know your not leaving... I don't even know why I said farewell... Must have read something wrong in that... >.<

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
800px-F642deca.jpg

Haha. Fuck my life. I've spammed Herocraft so many damn times due to failing with binds.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
That was such a great read Amgroma, I too agree with everything you've said. As far as Teamspeak goes, we should all make an effort to visit other channels and have a good old chat, I myself feel its difficult to visit other Township channels without being called a spy :rolleyes:. Maybe a TS3 channel dedicated to us old-timers?

And Brutal your spot-on also :D my girlfriend is quite happy for me to play HeroCraft so much, she knows it makes me happy and she's always asking me whats happening in-game, so I guess we're lucky in that way.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Well we're always all in random channels (especially me, I just jump all over the place). But yes, I think there should be a "Herocraft Veteran Lounge" channel where we're all op's and can give/remove voice from any idiots who join and try to be a pain. Maybe have the channel ops be the ones who have been here for at least 5 months?

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
That was such a great read Amgroma, I too agree with everything you've said. As far as Teamspeak goes, we should all make an effort to visit other channels and have a good old chat, I myself feel its difficult to visit other Township channels without being called a spy :rolleyes:. Maybe a TS3 channel dedicated to us old-timers?

And Brutal your spot-on also :D my girlfriend is quite happy for me to play HeroCraft so much, she knows it makes me happy and she's always asking me whats happening in-game, so I guess we're lucky in that way.
Yah. Haha. TeamSpeak has always been fun. Good hilarious times in there man.

Herocraft keeps my mind off of a lot of shit. Got A LOT of family issues goin down right now. Herocraft is one badass place to come and get away from everything. Haha. My lady also has the occasional laugh when she puts my headset on and hears @atvrider312 playing the Banjo and singing.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Well we're always all in random channels (especially me, I just jump all over the place). But yes, I think there should be a "Herocraft Veteran Lounge" channel where we're all op's and can give/remove voice from any idiots who join and try to be a pain. Maybe have the channel ops be the ones who have been here for at least 5 months?
I'll get a channel set up and makes the people from last map, and earlier, OPS. I could even just set it so you have to have a talking power of 10 and give everyone we know from last map talk power 10 so that they can't even talk unless granted so.

We'll figure something out.

Man I cannot sleep now. Haha.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll get a channel set up and makes the people from last map, and earlier, OPS. I could even just set it so you have to have a talking power of 10 and give everyone we know from last map talk power 10 so that they can't even talk unless granted so.

We'll figure something out.

Man I cannot sleep now. Haha.

I'm liking the sound of that, hopefully it will be up and running soon and Brutal this is a Hardcore server - we do not sleep :D