• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Better Way To Better Pvp

johnnjlee

TNT
I see many people disliking the pve area and that it should be gone, this I believe should not be the case and here's why.

Leveling is much easier in the pve areas thus allowing those who do not want the super hardcore experience to at least have some fun. However I believe that if we make pvp more rewarding and more interesting than pve we can have an increase in pvp players. A good example of how pvp more rewarding that is currently in the game is treasure hunts. These get players out of their holes in pve to gamble at some loot.

Then there are the medals of vengeance, these things are drops from players so that you can epic things, however due to the lack of pvpers it becomes super rare to get them especially because they don't drop each time. I think if you kill some one you get a medal it drops 100% of the time, however, you cannot kill the same person to get another medal within a day to discourage farming. Also, if you could buy more things with the medals, it would also make them worth more and more people would go pvp like being able to get keys for a large sum of them or a stack of arrows instead of a small one.

Alright, on to the things that I think could help solve pve vs pvp problem
Capture points, these areas custom made around the map are filled with 5 loot chests (more or less), however they will only open when someone stands in the area for 15 minutes or so. This gets announced to the entire server attracting greedy players. In the area, there is keep inventory so upon death, you loose no items and people can loot the crates without having 10 stacks of dirt clog up their inventory, and it would attract more people. The chests should contain special tokens exchangeable for legendary items.

A karma system should be implemented so that people would be more or less trustworthy of random strangers helping people set up homes in pvp areas. There should be perks to each one like titles. This would also allow people like me to see if it's justified for putting an arrow in someone's head.

There should also be an exp boost for those who fight and grind in pvp areas, this would attract some "prey" for the pvper's.

Please leave constructive criticism and include your own ideas!

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I posted an organized thread for ideas increasing PvP incentives in Herocraft.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-pvp.57043/
Check it out, and take the poll if you get a chance! I think a conquest objectives system would be a fun and interesting idea, but I disagree with the karma system. We had it before and it never panned out as intended. I posted a few other ideas to increase world pvp incentives, as well as some previous plugins for pvp that were a lot of fun.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I like the ideas of the capture points and the exp areas but I just feel like they will be like the old capture points where either people that actually bother to go to them get stupid rich by farming them 24/7 (exaggerated) or where they will be camped by the experts and people with high levels and become areas of the map that are just simply avoided. If anyone has any solutions to this such as restrictions on how often you can go into them then I'm all ears.

johnnjlee

TNT
I like the ideas of the capture points and the exp areas but I just feel like they will be like the old capture points where either people that actually bother to go to them get stupid rich by farming them 24/7 (exaggerated) or where they will be camped by the experts and people with high levels and become areas of the map that are just simply avoided. If anyone has any solutions to this such as restrictions on how often you can go into them then I'm all ears.
Perhaps having the areas that you can cap being level restricted instead of being free for all levels to use?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
You shouldn't need restrictions on when you can use them as that defeats the entire point of having them. If people want PVP they don't want to need to wait for a cooldown or something

spiralz

Obsidian
Perhaps having the areas that you can cap being level restricted instead of being free for all levels to use?
I think a level restriction is on the right track, but there somehow needs to be something more in depth than levels. One level 60 player is not always as skilled as another level 60 player. Instead, there should be some kind of PvP-skill system, for example using a player's clan stats to tier their skill somehow. Maybe have 3 tiers of PvP-skill: Novice, Fighter, and Skilled. I'd probably place myself under Fighter, whereas someone with much more skill such as cat_8898 and his type would be under Skilled. Just a sudden brainstorm idea.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I think a level restriction is on the right track, but there somehow needs to be something more in depth than levels. One level 60 player is not always as skilled as another level 60 player. Instead, there should be some kind of PvP-skill system, for example using a player's clan stats to tier their skill somehow. Maybe have 3 tiers of PvP-skill: Novice, Fighter, and Skilled. I'd probably place myself under Fighter, whereas someone with much more skill such as cat_8898 and his type would be under Skilled. Just a sudden brainstorm idea.
I see where you are coming from, but for me personally I'm not great at PVP and my kdr shows it ( it's like .5 or .6 something like that) but I still enjoy fighting anyone so I really wouldn't like this idea

spiralz

Obsidian
I see where you are coming from, but for me personally I'm not great at PVP and my kdr shows it ( it's like .5 or .6 something like that) but I still enjoy fighting anyone so I really wouldn't like this idea

Ha I'm not too good at PVP either, but I find it more enjoyable to fight against those with similar skill levels as I rather than fighting someone I know will destroy me.

johnnjlee

TNT
That is true, as a level 19 shadowblade I could go toe to toe with level 60 players

Last edited:

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I see many people disliking the pve area and that it should be gone, this I believe should not be the case and here's why.

Leveling is much easier in the pve areas thus allowing those who do not want the super hardcore experience to at least have some fun. However I believe that if we make pvp more rewarding and more interesting than pve we can have an increase in pvp players. A good example of how pvp more rewarding that is currently in the game is treasure hunts. These get players out of their holes in pve to gamble at some loot.

Then there are the medals of vengeance, these things are drops from players so that you can epic things, however due to the lack of pvpers it becomes super rare to get them especially because they don't drop each time. I think if you kill some one you get a medal it drops 100% of the time, however, you cannot kill the same person to get another medal within a day to discourage farming. Also, if you could buy more things with the medals, it would also make them worth more and more people would go pvp like being able to get keys for a large sum of them or a stack of arrows instead of a small one.

Alright, on to the things that I think could help solve pve vs pvp problem
Capture points, these areas custom made around the map are filled with 5 loot chests (more or less), however they will only open when someone stands in the area for 15 minutes or so. This gets announced to the entire server attracting greedy players. In the area, there is keep inventory so upon death, you loose no items and people can loot the crates without having 10 stacks of dirt clog up their inventory, and it would attract more people. The chests should contain special tokens exchangeable for legendary items.

A karma system should be implemented so that people would be more or less trustworthy of random strangers helping people set up homes in pvp areas. There should be perks to each one like titles. This would also allow people like me to see if it's justified for putting an arrow in someone's head.

There should also be an exp boost for those who fight and grind in pvp areas, this would attract some "prey" for the pvper's.

Please leave constructive criticism and include your own ideas!

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
I think a level restriction is on the right track, but there somehow needs to be something more in depth than levels. One level 60 player is not always as skilled as another level 60 player. Instead, there should be some kind of PvP-skill system, for example using a player's clan stats to tier their skill somehow. Maybe have 3 tiers of PvP-skill: Novice, Fighter, and Skilled. I'd probably place myself under Fighter, whereas someone with much more skill such as PhantomWarriorA and his type would be under Skilled. Just a sudden brainstorm idea.
Aw thanks!