• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion 1.9 Class Balance Feedback thread.

Juan_Plays

Stone
Please remove the cool down timers, they unbalance everything, in my opinion, or make classes with axes and swords deal more damage

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
Okay heres my recommendation on paladin.

All warrior classes are getting a buff, and thats all okay but it puts paladin in a messy spot.
Paladin runs on heals and sustain. With warriors getting such a damage increase it is going to be so hard to stay in the fight. Paladin was already in a bad place with magic classes, it was completely destroyed by them. Just increasing the damage by 10 isn't going to account for all the damage dealt by Warriors and Mages. DK has got a HUGE buff, even though its supposed to be paladin's counter part. Its already tanky, and has lifesteal but it does a TON of damage. Paladin sincerely needs a buff if its going to be a playable class

Heres my recommended changes
Damage with Sword 52 > 82
Absolution heal heals from 150 + 3.5 per wisdom > 100+ 7 per wisdom

Increase magic resist

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Okay heres my recommendation on paladin.

All warrior classes are getting a buff, and thats all okay but it puts paladin in a messy spot.
Paladin runs on heals and sustain. With warriors getting such a damage increase it is going to be so hard to stay in the fight. Paladin was already in a bad place with magic classes, it was completely destroyed by them. Just increasing the damage by 10 isn't going to account for all the damage dealt by Warriors and Mages. DK has got a HUGE buff, even though its supposed to be paladin's counter part. Its already tanky, and has lifesteal but it does a TON of damage. Paladin sincerely needs a buff if its going to be a playable class

Absolution heal heals from 150 + 3.5 per wisdom > 100+ 7 per wisdom

Increase magic resist

So you want paladin to have the second highest sword damage, right behind ninja? No thanks

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!

What are you on about this time?

Only two warrior classes are getting buffed, Dreadknight and Berserker:

Paladin: --- SAME

Increase diamond sword damage from 41->51.25

Samurai: --- SAME
Increase diamond sword damage from 60.8->76

Dreadknight: --- BUFFED

Increase diamond axe damage from 52->104
Decrease SoulLeech mana cost 100->75 ---
BUFF
Decrease Atrophy mana cost 100->75 --- BUFF
Decrease Empathy mana cost 125->100 --- BUFF

Dragoon: --- NERFED
Increase diamond shovel damage from 56->121.6
Increase Jump cooldown from 7.5->9 ---
NERF
Increase Jump Stamina 300->400 --- NERF
Lower piercingstrike from 50% weapon damage to 25% (to compensate for the left click increase) --- NERF
Lower cleave from 50% weapon damage to 25% (to compensate for the left click increase) --- NERF

Berserker: --- BUFFED
Increase diamond axe damage from 58.8->117.6
Increase BloodDrinker's max hp gained 200-275 ---
BUFF

With warriors getting such a damage increase it is going to be so hard to stay in the fight.
Just increasing the damage by 10 isn't going to account for all the damage dealt by Warriors and Mages.

Have you read ANY of the posts on the last two pages? In the words of Kanye West Ft. Pablo:

ATTACK COOLDOWN IS A THING IN 1.9

Larry's Proposed DPS Values

Paladin DPS: 131.2 --- GOLD MEDAL

Samurai's DPS: 121.6 --- SILVER MEDAL

Dreadknight's DPS: 104 --- LOSER

Dragoon's DPS: 121.6 --- SILVER MEDAL

Berserker's DPS:
117.6 --- BRONZE MEDAL

THERE'S A REASON WHY YOU AREN'T MOD OR BALANCE TEAM

Last edited:

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
So you want paladin to have the second highest sword damage, right behind ninja? No thanks

What are you on about this time?

Only two warrior classes are getting buffed, Dreadknight and Berserker:

Paladin: --- SAME

Increase diamond sword damage from 41->51.25

Samurai: --- SAME
Increase diamond sword damage from 60.8->76

Dreadknight: --- BUFFED

Increase diamond axe damage from 52->104
Decrease SoulLeech mana cost 100->75 ---
BUFF
Decrease Atrophy mana cost 100->75 --- BUFF
Decrease Empathy mana cost 125->100 --- BUFF

Dragoon: --- NERFED
Increase diamond shovel damage from 56->121.6
Increase Jump cooldown from 7.5->9 ---
NERF
Increase Jump Stamina 300->400 --- NERF
Lower piercingstrike from 50% weapon damage to 25% (to compensate for the left click increase) --- NERF
Lower cleave from 50% weapon damage to 25% (to compensate for the left click increase) --- NERF

Berserker: --- BUFFED
Increase diamond axe damage from 58.8->117.6
Increase BloodDrinker's max hp gained 200-275 ---
BUFF

Have you read ANY of the posts on the last two pages? In the words of Kanye West Ft. Pablo:

Larry's Proposed DPS Values

Paladin DPS: 131.2

Samurai's DPS: 121.6

Dreadknight's DPS: 104

Dragoon's DPS: 121.6

Berserker's DPS: 117.6
@FaZeAlpine @Irishman81
Rip
I don't want the dps that high, don't have a great understanding on 1.9 CD timers
I want the dps like 89? Not even sure if that's good
I think magic resist buff is fine? Thoughts on that

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Rip
I don't want the dps that high
I want the dps like 89? Not even sure if that's good
I think absolution buff is fine? Thoughts on that
Scaling that high can easily get out of hand, especially with tier two classes and stat buffs could make absolution get completely out of hand.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Scaling that high can easily get out of hand, especially with tier two classes and stat buffs could make absolution get completely out of hand.
I started typing this came back and said the same thing twice nice

Juan_Plays

Stone
What about other classes that use swords and axes, like Shaman And Pyro, shouldn't they get a buff if they want to stay in the fight?

Last edited:

Ice

Heroes Never Die
Aight so a bit of a rant here but it beats me making a whole thread about it.

It bothers me that Pyro is getting nerfed hardest in its mobility where the problem is that it still oneshots even after these nerfs. If you want to fix pyro, dont hit the wrong spots although I have an idea for InfernoFlash.

Anyways. Greatcombustion is the main problem here. Other casters set up skills do either little or no damage, and thats the problem with Greatcombustion.

Lower GC base to 45. Scaling to 1.

Infernoflash should be changed to where its BASE distance is set to 4 blocks, with the same .1 scaling. Irish was right earlier, Pyro shouldnt have a Wizard blink. This shorter blink should put it more in line with the melee/caster skirmisher. Also lower the cooldown to 8 seconds. Mana cost is fine imo

And just for the record, Ive played Pyro for two maps, so claiming that I just want my class to be in the "spotlight" and wanting different nerfs is wrong because its gone relatively unchanged until this map :)