• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion 1.4 and Herocraft - Ideas

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
So 1.4 is approaching really fast and there are a lot of new features being added to minecraft, a lot of them definitely usable on Herocraft. So I thought I would list my ideas for how the new features should effect Herocraft.
Feel free to comment and also add your own suggestions!

• Anvil - So the anvil allows players to repair tools, combine enchanted tools and also name tools. That's quite a lot of things for one block and I think it could be spread across quite a few professions so I'm not sure which should get it. Possibilities: Scribe - naming items and tools. Smith - repairing tools. Enchanter - combining enchantments.
  • Wither Effect - The wither effect works pretty similarly to poison except it turns the targets hearts black. I think this effect should definitely be given to necromancer in one or another because it just seems fitting. Maybe just replace 'poison' skill or maybe for a new skill altogether.
  • Wither - Not sure what to say on this one. It's got the potential to destroy everything so it should definitely have it's explosions nerfed for a start, aside from that I'm not even sure if we should be allowed to create them at all. I'm really not sure - leave your input on this.
  • Night Vision Potion - I think simply allow these to be brewed by alchemists as any other potion. Also I think Ranger should get a skill where this effect is applied to them.
  • Invisibility Potion - Not so sure about this one either, will be really overpowered if alchemists can brew these and give them out. A ninja with an invisibility potion sounds awful. Maybe the effect can be given to a class somewhere, this new invisibility effect is better than the modded versions in the past since it has particles which makes it a little more usable.
  • Beacon - I've heard a lot of interesting ideas about what should be done with this and I can't quite decide what would be best. I was thinking maybe only allow these to be placed in regions, it can provide a nice buff for a town such as speed effect to make getting around easier. Other than that, I'm not sure what class should have the ability to make them etc.
  • New Crops - Nothing needs to be done with these but it's nice to see farmers getting something else to tend to!
  • Bats - I think these could be nice when added to a skill, I'm not sure this is possible but this was my idea: add it to a skill such as 'Terror' so that when the skill is used bat's fly out of the summoner and disappear after a certain amount of time.
  • Witches - I was thinking that Witches should be hostile towards Alchemists, that doesn't really have much effect on gameplay but it's quite a nice minor feature. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do with witches.
  • Dying Armor (leather) - The other day people were talking about how Scribe needs to have some more useful skills and I think this is definitely the one for it. This will be something that everyone will want to play around with and I think it should be limited to use by scribe only. Thoughts?
  • Heads - These are awesome and I can't wait to go around looking like a creeper but maybe they should work as armour for some classes? They aren't that easy to get but then again they also never break once you have them so it could possibly work that they are used as protection. Also there are ways to put anyones skin (head only of course) onto one of these heads but only with cheats so this could possibly be nice prizes for events and tournaments.
Well I think that is everything, I know I have missed some stuff but I don't think they really need to be altered. Thanks for reading!

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
2 suggestions
#1-Disable slimes spawning in swamps(new 1.4 feature)
#2-Disable invisibility potions(also 1.4)

Apart from those this should be a good update.

Edit----

Also disable beacon because it kind of ridiculous .

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
What if you modify the beacon so you need to build it our of gold blocks instead of iron blocks? That would make the effort worthy of the reward.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I think the beacon should be allowed but in the center of town,town hall. You may also not build the beacon out of iron blocks only gold and diamond. Would it also be possible to make it so that only townies,members with permission on that region, get the affect?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Heads - These are awesome and I can't wait to go around looking like a creeper but maybe they should work as armour for some classes? They aren't that easy to get but then again they also never break once you have them so it could possibly work that they are used as protection. Also there are ways to put anyones skin (head only of course) onto one of these heads but only with cheats so this could possibly be nice prizes for events and tournaments.
Necromancer Skele head.
Dreadknight Wither Skele head.
Go Go!

Algsa777

TNT
Dont forget Pig riding! I say Dragoon, Ranger, Beguiler, Mystic, Farmer, and Merchant should be able to use pigriding.
Also for the Anvil I agree that Scribes, Smiths, and Enchanters should be able to use them. Also they should have an ability to repair anvils so; Smiths can instantly repair Anvils with a piece of iron, Smith can repair it every hour or so with books, and Enchanter should be able to repair it every 8 hours with all thier mana and a diamond.
As for the mob heads i say certian classes should be able to use them and get buffs from them.
And finally allow only Rogues to use Invis potions and give Night Vision potions the ability to c invis enemies!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I've wanted to make a thread about this for a while. It's tough to get all my ideas out, though.

Wither Effect: For the Wither itself, at least, don't assign a set value of HP to it, let it take the standard half-heart per tick off. Make it scary, even for Paladins and the like.

Wither: Can we restrict it's creation to a certain place? Making an arena specially for it out of End Stone (the one thing it can't blow up), someplace, say, hidden in the Nether would be fun and a bit lore-y.

Invisibility: Use the effect in skills and on mobs, but don't allow the potions to be brewed.

Beacon: It really is tough to decide what to do with it. I just really want the decorative option to be there. The column of light has so much potential. :[

Witches: Can we alter what sorts of potions the Witches throw? That opens up some possibilities.

Dyeing Armor: This is weird. The Scribe suggestion doesn't seem to fit lore-ways. Scribe itself is a little screwy lore-ways. Other than that I guess we could give it to Farmer or Smith, but they're pretty well-off as it is... It's just, what business does a scribe have with dying leather?

that make certain classes OP since not every1 can donate and pigs can move INCREBILITY fast if you use them right. its smarter to just give it 2 certain classes since it works well with them.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/stop-using-subjective-terms-op-up-nerfed.25237/

Algsa777

TNT
@Dazureus
I mean op as certain classes would be able to large sums of dmg while at high speeds making rogue obselete. Think of a lv60 wizard dashing through a battlefield on a pig blowing everyone without the wizard taking dmg and leaving to regen mana to repeat the process.

Joka10

Soulsand
@Dazureus
I mean op as certain classes would be able to large sums of dmg while at high speeds making rogue obselete. Think of a lv60 wizard dashing through a battlefield on a pig blowing everyone without the wizard taking dmg and leaving to regen mana to repeat the process.
This ^
Pigriding would be a good addition to some classes, but an absolute travesty to add to others... Initially, I suggested that it be available for all classes, with the addition of different pig-related abilities, but after some discussion, I realized that would not work. Restricting pigriding to Donors would give them a major advantage over non-donors, and combining pigriding with classes like Wizard, capable of doing heavy damage but squishy and fairly slow, would remove their weaknesses, making them quite overpowered, in my opinion.

As far as the anvil goes... it has functions for like four different classes. Smith can repair with it, Enchanter can merge enchantments, Scribe could change names... Engineer could even use it in traps (a 100-150 block drop with an anvil will instantly kill a Wither). It will certainly make crafter specs more interesting...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Dazureus
  1. If you're a wizard running out of mana you're doing it wrong.
  2. Wizards already have great mobility. This won't really affect it.
  3. You can take damage while riding a pig so idk wtf you're talking about being when you say "without taking damage".
  4. Most Wizard skills are have a cast time in which if your target moves out of range you don't cast so this becomes more of a hinderance than a benefit.
classes like Wizard, capable of doing heavy damage but squishy and fairly slow
Wizards are by no means slow...
If you see a slow Wizard he's playing it wrong.

malmenca

Diamond
If everyone doesn't get pigriding, then its stupid as shit. It isn't a matter of combat, its a matter of travel.

jadast

Wood
Hey, I would love to see a Nomad class under the Rouge Pillar, a Nomad is a member a group of a people who move seasonally from place to place to search for food and water or pasture for their livestock. What I believe that they should add for Weaponry is Axes and farming equipment, Such as Hoes, Shovles, etc. And Bows aswell. Have them able to be a farmer, to breed animals not to summon. And I have a few other suggestions if you guys would like to hear them let me know. One last thing I would love to see is Guilds or Factions. I thank you for reading this if you take the time to I would love feed back positive only please.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
that make certain classes OP since not every1 can donate and pigs can move INCREBILITY fast if you use them right. its smarter to just give it 2 certain classes since it works well with them.

And then it makes certain classes OP cause they move fast if you use them right.

Your argument is a double edged sword.

Algsa777

TNT
And then it makes certain classes OP cause they move fast if you use them right.

Your argument is a double edged sword.
*gets stabbed by own agruement* ouch.

To put it simply: there is reasonable speed and unreasonable speed.
Reasonably speed is a speed buff to catch or escape.
Unreasonable speed is speed buff, potion of swiftness 2, and full speed pig riding.

Understand?

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey, I would love to see a Nomad class under the Rouge Pillar, a Nomad is a member a group of a people who move seasonally from place to place to search for food and water or pasture for their livestock. What I believe that they should add for Weaponry is Axes and farming equipment, Such as Hoes, Shovles, etc. And Bows aswell. Have them able to be a farmer, to breed animals not to summon. And I have a few other suggestions if you guys would like to hear them let me know. One last thing I would love to see is Guilds or Factions. I thank you for reading this if you take the time to I would love feed back positive only please.
You posted in the wrong place. You were meant to create a new thread for that not post on mine.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It would be fantastic if beguiler could ride pigs, mass piggify, piggify and ride pig would make a nice trio of skills :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Actually we would need to disable carrot on a stick so that people don't just carry them around to counter beguilers.