• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Whats A PVE

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Very few people actually spend all the medals they get, and with the medals->reagents not being game yet, this could actually give people a reason to spend them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I meant people carrying them around. But if they're that common due to medal farming, then nothing would change really. Newer or PvP weary players would be less likely to use them but the regular PvPers would keep em out.
anyone should have the medals to get one or atleast the money to buy one

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
kainzo dared the pvpers to leave with his standoffish attitude. he wanted the server a certain way, and if anyone disagreed with him he basically told them to fuck off because either he didn't care if we left, or he didn't think we would actually bring ourselves to do it. Well, we did it, and now instead of 100 people being on during peak hours (still shit btw), there are 30 people on. Way to overestimate the pve share of the market bud

oh, and to respond to one of the posts above. removing pve will not increase pvp. pvp is too far gone to come back and most of the people who were the driving force of it have grown the fuck up and dont play minecraft anymore. either all the fancy pve changes will help the server reach new heights, or it's gonna die a firey death and kainzo is gonna have an awkward wedding

Xhazed

Portal
kainzo dared the pvpers to leave with his standoffish attitude. he wanted the server a certain way, and if anyone disagreed with him he basically told them to fuck off because either he didn't care if we left, or he didn't think we would actually bring ourselves to do it. Well, we did it, and now instead of 100 people being on during peak hours (still shit btw), there are 30 people on. Way to overestimate the pve share of the market bud

oh, and to respond to one of the posts above. removing pve will not increase pvp. pvp is too far gone to come back and most of the people who were the driving force of it have grown the fuck up and dont play minecraft anymore. either all the fancy pve changes will help the server reach new heights, or it's gonna die a firey death and kainzo is gonna have an awkward wedding
And no more money for cars this gonna get me banned bie

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
Herocraft for god knows how long now has survived off of new players coming in spending money, players such as myself who have bought in game items and perks through donations for their benefit, and kennethchow. The problem is that people who played a long time ago since say zeal or maybe even sanctum all stayed for either building towns and the economy, or pvp. With pve and unbalanced classes killing off the whole pvp server herocraft lost one of it's largest incomes. Sure hc most likely has a large rainy day fund to keep the server alive for months, but in general new hc players are leaving quickly. The hero pluggin has no use to pve players due to the fact that the hero pluggin's greatest features were it's use in pvp. Players don't have a need to level lostsoul or crafter and pve players these days come on to build. A lot of things such as unbalanced classes, residences being abused for chest safety, and pve have caused a lot of the past hc to leave. Perhaps this is a new method to bring in a new form of players, but all I know is it's driven a lot of the community away.

Please don't spam this or complain this is "toxic" as it isn't, it's just stating a lot of players opinions (mainly older ones) on the changes to hc within the past 1-2 maps

Dewyn

Retired Staff
The problem with PvP is that it encourages these kids to come along and trash-talk everyone, and I don't see mods doing anything about it. I have less disrespect for Call of Duty players, and with them it's funny because most of them have mics and they sound like overexcited puppies or something.

Here it's just annoying chat spam; you run into these kids who call you all sorts of things if you say "I don't like being ganked and then camped for four hours." The worst part is, /ignore doesn't work cross-servers, so you can either leave or watch a wall of swearing come at you.

It doesn't bother me personally - I just think it's funny - but it does get to me when they do it to other people who did absolutely nothing except happen to go on PvP and get killed, and then ask why. They don't have a right to ruin everyone else's server time by turning their chat into a wall of trash talk, even if they are premium. (What was that server message? "Supporters are not immune to being banned?" Start enforcing that.) Why do you think some people leave? I've heard some of these kids bragging about how many people they've made quit. Really? Nice going, you're driving new players away and then asking why the server is dying.

Removing PvE would kill off most of the current playerbase, as most of them play on PvE. If these kids have a problem with PvE because now they don't have anyone to kill and then trash-talk, tough for them. I don't exist for their entertainment, and nor does anyone else.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The problem with PvP is that it encourages these kids to come along and trash-talk everyone, and I don't see mods doing anything about it. I have less disrespect for Call of Duty players, and with them it's funny because most of them have mics and they sound like overexcited puppies or something.

Here it's just annoying chat spam; you run into these kids who call you all sorts of things if you say "I don't like being ganked and then camped for four hours." The worst part is, /ignore doesn't work cross-servers, so you can either leave or watch a wall of swearing come at you.

It doesn't bother me personally - I just think it's funny - but it does get to me when they do it to other people who did absolutely nothing except happen to go on PvP and get killed, and then ask why. They don't have a right to ruin everyone else's server time by turning their chat into a wall of trash talk, even if they are premium. (What was that server message? "Supporters are not immune to being banned?" Start enforcing that.) Why do you think some people leave? I've heard some of these kids bragging about how many people they've made quit. Really? Nice going, you're driving new players away and then asking why the server is dying.

Removing PvE would kill off most of the current playerbase, as most of them play on PvE. If these kids have a problem with PvE because now they don't have anyone to kill and then trash-talk, tough for them. I don't exist for their entertainment, and nor does anyone else.
actually most of the PVPers are not kids, but supporters have been banned and are banned all the time. Premium does nothing but instantly whitelist you. You are going off of a stereotype of people who pvp, not everyone trash talks and most only do it when insulted. If PVE was removed it would put everyone on 1 server, right now almost all of the new players go to pve because if they ask which is better people usually say that all that happens in PVP is you get camped. Dividing the server was never a good idea and has caused a small problem to turn into a large one.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
actually most of the PVPers are not kids, but supporters have been banned and are banned all the time. Premium does nothing but instantly whitelist you. You are going off of a stereotype of people who pvp, not everyone trash talks and most only do it when insulted. If PVE was removed it would put everyone on 1 server, right now almost all of the new players go to pve because if they ask which is better people usually say that all that happens in PVP is you get camped. Dividing the server was never a good idea and has caused a small problem to turn into a large one.

Here's the thing. We're not talking about the way the server used to be, we're talking about the way it is now. I've spent way too much time on the server lately (I'm a loser, so sue me) and all I've seen has been trash talking on a mostly unoccupied PvP server. The PvPers I'm seeing doing the trash talking are kids. (I know they're not all kids, or if some are, they don't behave like that.) It's not a stereotype I heard - it's a conclusion I've come to because that's all I've seen so far.

I'll change my opinion once I see these people stop trying to ruin other people's server time. I haven't been here that long, and that's all I've seen. Until I see otherwise, pardon my ignorance

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Here's the thing. We're not talking about the way the server used to be, we're talking about the way it is now. I've spent way too much time on the server lately (I'm a loser, so sue me) and all I've seen has been trash talking on a mostly unoccupied PvP server. The PvPers I'm seeing doing the trash talking are kids. (I know they're not all kids, or if some are, they don't behave like that.) It's not a stereotype I heard - it's a conclusion I've come to because that's all I've seen so far.
I am talking about what the server is now, and it has huge problems. the pvp community is one of the smallest problems there is right now, and there is a fair share of trash talk coming from people in PVE that cant be killed because of it.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I am talking about what the server is now, and it has huge problems. the pvp community is one of the smallest problems there is right now, and there is a fair share of trash talk coming from people in PVE that cant be killed because of it.

That's true. Both sides are the problem, and I agree that both sides need to stop. I think a few more active mods could remedy that quickly, provided they handled it effectively, and with some people, that's hard.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
That's true. Both sides are the problem, and I agree that both sides need to stop. I think a few more active mods could remedy that quickly, provided they handled it effectively, and with some people, that's hard.
More mods aren't needed, the people aren't breaking any rules. To bring people back some things need to be taken out while others need to be added, they also needed to be finished before they are added

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Lol I've been muted for telling someone to fuck off after they trash talked me from PvE

Ignorent kid....
We don't ruin their server time we make the most of ours

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
That's what you get for not handling the banter.
Your
Being
A
Dumbass
Ok So when he says PvPers are retarded for playing on PvP where everyone camps them I'm not allowed to say Some of Us are actually good at pvp and Don't die? Oh No that's harassment because he called me a dumbass so I told him to Fuck off #HarassmentPlzHalp