• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Whats A PVE

MrFly007

Portal
OK so I have been talking with loads of awesome pvpers, and players in general. Even brand new players ive talked to wanted a say in the situation.
The PVE server has got to go, It would promote towns, expand community, and encourage more trading and player to player interactions.
Having 4 people on a server is not too fun, and the only thing ppl actually use pve for is leveling.
Also won't deleting a whole server make lag better?
So yeah #BanPVE
#Coolbeans4Prez

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
As long as i can toggle PK off and avoid PVP all together (not just for lost souls) I wouldnt mind the PVE server disappearing, even though that's the entire purpose of it anyway. If you can't grant me this at the least. Count me out. Oh and the ability not to toggle it on if you "hit" a player. Essentially same functionality as PVE server but a toggle to turn that of to Appease the PVP players. With the sheer number of players requesting this sort of thing, it almost sounds like PVPers dont have enough players to gank and camp. Just keep in mind some players are content with building and killing off mobs to protect their towns and >>don't necessarily want to be forced fight other players<<.

Last edited:

Meljardo

Gold
I do not understand this desire to make other players play pvp. If those of us that play pve wanted to play pve then we would. Most pve players would not just move over to pvp, they would just leave the server. This would not cause any increase of players in pvp. There are MANY people in the pve server that just play in the pve server. You are right though, removing the pve server WOULD reduce the lag, as like I said pve players would leave, but there is also the fact most new players wouldnt stay because of getting 24/7 ganked by level 60 players (I've already seen this happen a few times here.) Each server caters to a specific type of player, and removing that type would alienate an entire section of the playerbase. To you this may not matter but remember without those new players coming in to replace turnover of old players the server would get pretty quiet pretty fast.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You say people only play PvE to level, yet say there are only 4 people on PvP. You kind of contradict yourself there.

Avid PvP players still don't seem to understand that not everyone likes to PvP and forcing people to do so is BAD! The fact that PvE is more populous than PvP shows you that.

There are many layers of Herocraft that drive people to play that expand even farther than PvP. People are finally finding their niches and are enjoying what they want to in Herocraft without fear of being ganked and camped.

The new play style and activities people are enjoying is not something to bash and look down upon - it should be welcomed.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I am concerned that a pve only server lacks the substance required to keep players for long. Where as a pvp only server holds more potential to create long term players, but can be really hard for new players to get started. The key, i believe, is a pvp flagging system to allow for both on the same map.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think this could only work if there are PvE zones on the map.

One idea could be to have a 150 block radius of PvP-OFF zone around Saferoads going into each direction (North road, East Road etc.) from spawn. This would require the spawn roads to be built out all the way to the map border and would increase player activity along roads by a lot since the roads would provide a small safezone along itself where players can live in peace.

At the same time, it would eventually get cramped along the saferoads, so players would have to explore wilderness for resources and land which would give PvPers a chance to gank.

Problem is, there already are two maps. Imagine all the buildings and items that would dissappear if one is deleted.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Not in any way suggesting a wipe right now. When a map wipe is warranted though, i feel that a look at whether or not keeping the server split is really the best option should be considered.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Residences have to go as well. Townships should be the only source of item protection. Residences take away from townships in a big way.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
There will be another PVE server released when the Adventure Map comes out, so it's not going away. As Kainzo has said, It's needed in today's gaming world.

What we need is good systems in the PVP world to give players something to fight for, and something to strive for.
Towns 3.0 will help. Class balance and expansion will help. There are a lot of things that could help bring up the population, but none of them are removing the PVE aspect of the game.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
In my honest opinion, we have lost more than we've kept due to the PVE server. Basic business practices dictate it to be a poor business move, but what do I know. We've gone from 150 players online to 30 in just over 3 months. Hmmm

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
In my honest opinion, we have lost more than we've kept due to the PVE server. Basic business practices dictate it to be a poor business move, but what do I know. We've gone from 150 players online to 30 in just over 3 months. Hmmm
Did you just so happen to forget that within these 3 months, most people have started school/gymnasium/university, and are very, very busy with their lives..? Removing PVE might make players move over to PVP.. but it's the 30 people having fun, and the rest of the playerbase living in fear of getting ganked/camped because they're easy prey. (And it likely wouldn't increase PVP, since people would just log whenever people approached them, like in Bastion.)

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
My outlook, that Removing PVE will do more harm than good, and it will upset a good 70% of the Comunity and please a mere 3% of it. So... Its an obvious choice. Keep PVE.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I think your numbers are backwards. People will RETURN to HC if PvE were removed. 70% of people left because of PvE...sooooo
people only see it this way:

pve removed, the 30 people on pve are happy, 20 of pve comes to pvp, 20 of pve quits.

that leaves 1 server with 50 people and 20 people quit, they dont understand another 100 (at least) would come back, leaving us with 150.

imo, remove pve, remove attributes, let balance make their own decisions as a team. Then we would have 1 server with 100+ 24/7 and a great happy community, we cant serve to all types of players... it doesn't work.

EDIT: Also noobs wouldn't be camped because there would be at least 3 groups of 10+ players to fight against. But again, they dont understand that people would come back.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
This whole argument is stupid; "if PVE was removed, some would move to PVP and be happy, the rest, screw them." Let me turn that around; "Let's remove the PVP server - less people play on it, and they'll just move to PVE. The rest that want PVP all the time? Screw them!"
Like seriously can this NOT be a thing?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I think your numbers are backwards. People will RETURN to HC if PvE were removed. 70% of people left because of PvE...sooooo
Well actaully... as @Jasquan ( Who has a nice little icon from Animal Crossing XD ) mentioned...
Did you just so happen to forget that within these 3 months, most people have started school/gymnasium/university, and are very, very busy with their lives..?
We do have to account for the fact that People have lives ( at least most of them XD ) so people may be doing other things besides herocraft. And to what you mentioned before...
We've gone from 150 players online to 30 in just over 3 months. Hmmm
I have quickly noticed that PVE is slowly becoming the more "Popular" server, ( Much to my liking as I hate getting constantly ganked ) as one day I walked throught central ( To go into the Architect Server to work on... you guessed it... dungeons... ) and I saw that we had 70 People in PVE and 10 In PVP. Now this may have been a fluke ( as I recall there was an issue with a boost not fireing in PVP ) but I can say that there are more than 30 People on at active times ( meaning not in the middle of the night or durring Sunday Chuch hours or during some obscure hour ). Also the "150" people you claim the server had... Well that was from the Aegius release day, and modeling from the Haven ( where the player base boilded down from the inicial amount to about 80 Players on average ) Aeigus is only slightly below average from the previous map. Now I can't claim that the server is just as popular as before, but I am sure with the Development of RPG ( Thank you @Kainzo for this! Its going to be awesome :_: ) and the New Awesome town system made by @Multitallented and *Insert forgoten name here* I am sure that the number of new players will go up :D

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
people only see it this way:

pve removed, the 30 people on pve are happy, 20 of pve comes to pvp, 20 of pve quits.

that leaves 1 server with 50 people and 20 people quit, they dont understand another 100 (at least) would come back, leaving us with 150.

imo, remove pve, remove attributes, let balance make their own decisions as a team. Then we would have 1 server with 100+ 24/7 and a great happy community, we cant serve to all types of players... it doesn't work.

EDIT: Also noobs wouldn't be camped because there would be at least 3 groups of 10+ players to fight against. But again, they dont understand that people would come back.
Sorry to intrude, but I don't quite understand what you mean...
Are you suggesting

If PVE was removed, with 40 people on it, 20 would transfer to PVP and 20 would quit, and these extra 20 people would bring 100 People at least back.

Also lets remove attributres, and let balance team go make desiscions by itself and then we would have 1 server with 100+ Constant players and a happy comunity that doesn't serve all types of players cuz that doesn't work.

I'm not trying to critisise, but I would like to understand what you mean before I make a decision about it XD