• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Upcoming PvP party limits and concerns

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
So why the hell are you even mad? 15 man raids on pvp objectives, and you dont LIKE it?

Unless I am mistaken, most of the fun top tier pvp will be around these objectives. They are going to be worthwhile targets and you can bring 14 friends!!!

The "Gank for Their Loot" style of pvp will be greatly reduced on the new map, as only foolhardy levelers will go to Neo-Haven to level when Neo-Shrine is identical for leveling without the pvp risk and inventories are going to transfer cross-worlds.

AFAIK It's going to be 5 man groups max in PVP, aka conquest.

15 man groups is reserved for the NO PVP adventure map where you cannot build and will most likely have dungeons and herobosses

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
So why the hell are you even mad? 15 man raids on pvp objectives, and you dont LIKE it?

Unless I am mistaken, most of the fun top tier pvp will be around these objectives. They are going to be worthwhile targets and you can bring 14 friends!!!

The "Gank for Their Loot" style of pvp will be greatly reduced on the new map, as only foolhardy levelers will go to Neo-Haven to level when Neo-Shrine is identical for leveling without the pvp risk and inventories are going to transfer cross-worlds.
That is such an opinionated answer its insane.

The "Gank for their loot" style is basically already non-existant when someone decided to have armor and weapons stay on death. Which also contributed to people leaving the server (Not me in particular). Not everyone wants to just kill people they want to be rewarded with it and holding a little conquest point won't be as fun as killing the kid with high costed armor and a named lore weapon with some pretty nice enchants.

If the new map has no world pvp and only leveling. I can say for myself I won't be interested in playing the server.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm confused @Kainzo @Kainzo, which maps have PvP-On and which map is the Adventure world, RPG or PVP? Is there "Adventure Map" and "Conquest Map"?

@werwew19 So far I have been commenting off the premise that PvE is the only world where you cannot attack people.
The only opinion in my answer is that I prefer larger party size for the Conquest world because we will be able to use parties to accomplish real goals rather than only brawl. But my opinion and yours don't matter at this point, because we still need the correct answer to start forming opinions. Is PvE the only non-hub world were you are safe from players?

Last edited:

Xhazed

Portal

The "Gank for their loot" style is basically already non-existant when someone decided to have armor and weapons stay on death. Which also contributed to people leaving the server (Not me in particular). Not everyone wants to just kill people they want to be rewarded with it and holding a little conquest point won't be as fun as killing the kid with high costed armor and a named lore weapon with some pretty nice enchants.

If the new map has no world pvp and only leveling. I can say for myself I won't be interested in playing the server.
I agree with you letting people keep their things on death is annoying there are already fucking deathchests you dont need anything else

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8

I fear that this will be very common if there is no downside to leveling/mining in PVE. The amount of miners/builders/levelers that will exist in PVP will be minimal, unless the conquest points gain you a lot of money/xp. In which case then over world PVP will still most likely be dead, but Conquest points will most likely be constant.

I know I will not bother mining or leveling in PVP unless there is some loss for doing it in PVE.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm confused @Kainzo, which maps have PvP-On and which map is the Adventure world, RPG or PVP? Is there "Adventure Map" and "Conquest Map"?

All previous communication regarding the adventure map was that it would be PVE/No build. That may have changed, but everything said to this point confirms that.

As you said though, clarification would be wonderful, but I know from talking to Mods, that the only PVP map we will be getting at launch is limited to 5 person parties and that includes conquest.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
W
Its not just AOE we are concerned about. GTP'ing party buffs from bard, cleric etc. there are TONS of factors on why this isn't the greatest idea at the moment.

I feel like 5 is way too small of a number and it will really kill some of the fun for players. When I tell them they cannot come because we have a full group at 5.
why does that mean they can't come we already have damage prevention for town members. It just means they might not get buffs. This isn't much different to how eve works and they can still manage thousand man fleet fights even with friendly fire. Your complaining for the sake of complaining IMO

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
W

why does that mean they can't come we already have damage prevention for town members. It just means they might not get buffs. This isn't much different to how eve works and they can still manage thousand man fleet fights even with friendly fire. Your complaining for the sake of complaining IMO
I fight with many people that aren't in my town :p . but I think its VERY dumb and probably will cause people to leave if there is nothing worse about lvling in pve and than pvp because it will kill any kind of ganking while people are mining and lvling :(

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
W

So to have more than 5 people fighting at the same time you need to be in the same town? Different towns team up all the time. What about towns that have allies. Sure their names might be blue, but there is not any damage prevention. Same thing goes with Kingdoms. A Kingdom will not be able to fight together because they are in different towns.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
And with regards to the conquest pvp, town members who are not in the party of 5 will not receive the benefits of the capture point. If the party size stays the same, a bonus should at least be given to clan members so that this doesn't completely discourage larger group pvp.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
And with regards to the conquest pvp, town members who are not in the party of 5 will not receive the benefits of the capture point. If the party size stays the same, a bonus should at least be given to clan members so that this doesn't completely discourage larger group pvp.
Or maybe they could go to different objectives?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Here's an idea: If you want to pvp with 10 people, bring two groups of 5?
What's that, you want to only have one wizard/cleric in your entire town so the rest can just burst AOE dmg everywhere?
Too bad. If you want balanced groupings, then get balanced class sets.

In other news, maybe now classes will be a bit more balanced around 5v5 (*cough* 5v5 fights are terribly unbalanced *cough*)

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Here's an idea: If you want to pvp with 10 people, bring two groups of 5?
What's that, you want to only have one wizard/cleric in your entire town so the rest can just burst AOE dmg everywhere?
Too bad. If you want balanced groupings, then get balanced class sets.

In other news, maybe now classes will be a bit more balanced around 5v5 (*cough* 5v5 fights are terribly unbalanced *cough*)
Bring two groups of 5? A good chunk of the time that will not work. People that are not in the same town (or clan) are going to want to PvP with each other.

Example: You are up against a group of 10 people all in the same town-they will not hit eachother. But you only have 6 people online, you can form 1 group of 5. Since you have 1 straggler you find 4 people from other towns/clans that feel like PvPing. You are going to lose that fight. The 4 people that are fighting in the different party will be damaging you, and you will be damaging them.

Only being able to have large group fights if you are all in the same town/clan is going to be problematic-and a bane to any solo players

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
W

Actually I am not complaining to complain. Its a simple fact the buffs and skills and the way the classes are designed simply won't work out with 5 man parties try pvp'ing actively before calling me out on something.

I've played Eve, WoW, Tera, Neverwinter you name it MMO's are the only genre I play basically. It won't work out on herocraft and there is a very small minority disagreeing with me about the party changes.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Wait and see how the changes are implemented. Kainzo's reply on the first page seems to be all he has to say for now.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo it would be really helpful to put names to the maps to reduce the confusion.

Everyone, is this correct? ->

1. PvP:
  • Conquest points, Towns, leveling classes, resource collection
  • no griefing
  • party size of 5
  • available at map launch
2. PvE:
  • Towns, leveling classes, resource collection, no PvP
  • no griefing
  • party size of 10
  • available at map launch
3. RPG:
  • Adventure map, quests etc, non-PvP
  • no griefing
  • party size of 15
  • available at end of Season I of Conquest
4. Resources map (neo-ruins)
  • Resource collection, leveling classes
  • no towns, griefing allowed
  • party size yet to be determined
  • available at some later stage, not at map launch

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Bring two groups of 5? A good chunk of the time that will not work. People that are not in the same town (or clan) are going to want to PvP with each other.

Example: You are up against a group of 10 people all in the same town-they will not hit eachother. But you only have 6 people online, you can form 1 group of 5. Since you have 1 straggler you find 4 people from other towns/clans that feel like PvPing. You are going to lose that fight. The 4 people that are fighting in the different party will be damaging you, and you will be damaging them.

Only being able to have large group fights if you are all in the same town/clan is going to be problematic-and a bane to any solo players
You say this like you can ONLY form groups of 5. If you have 6, form two (balanced class) groups of 3.
If you only have one supporter to 5 damage dealers, that's your own issue.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Actually I am not complaining to complain. Its a simple fact the buffs and skills and the way the classes are designed simply won't work out with 5 man parties try pvp'ing actively before calling me out on something.

I've played Eve, WoW, Tera, Neverwinter you name it MMO's are the only genre I play basically. It won't work out on herocraft and there is a very small minority disagreeing with me about the party changes.
It was clear from the 5v5 tourney that parties of 5 are unbalanced as hell. I don't see how parties of 10 were any better, but maybe HC just needs balancing overall...