• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Upcoming PvP party limits and concerns

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
So clearly I been inactive and now I am back in action and there is a new map next week I read the party limit was being limited to 5.

SO I would love to bring up some concerns about it.

The party limits being dropped to 5 and I feel that really hurts larger groups. The worst thing in the world would be hey we're going pvp'ing and have to pick 5 out of my 15-20 town mates to go pvp with me. "Hey sorry bill you can't come pvp with us we have 5 people".

Leaving it at 10 or even raising it to 15 would be awesome.

Now I am going to be sit here and told that town members can't hurt each other etc. then why limit the party to 5 in the first place? It just creates more problems with more communication required in teamspeak WHICH SUCKS for the people who cannot use teamspeak 24.7 like some of us can.

Me and plenty of others feel 5 is a very short party limit and would love for it to be reverted back to 10. There are a lot of potential issues in the future regarding social issues with town mates and even mechanics issues with heroes regarding class composition.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have to assume this is a ninja nerf to group support classes or an attempt to limit gains from pvp control points?
Not needed in a busy pvp world and only detrimental IMO.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the change, but thats just my personal bias :p In terms of balance, yes it does "Nerf" AOE skills and their damage/utility output in large group fights. With a maximum of 5 people per party, pvp will be more about who can get a better group together rather than who has more people. Keep in mind that clan/towns already prevent friendly-fire so you still can fight together without hurting one another.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Keep in mind that clan/towns already prevent friendly-fire so you still can fight together without hurting one another.

Are you sure about this?
Reading Kainzo's post it sounded like he was removing Herotowns in place of some other plugin, which I would be surprised if it had this feature.
Perhaps I read that wrong and he is keeping Herotowns?

Region Management:
- We will be using the latest Residence rewritten plugin for all future content, a new wiki will be linked with the changed commands and usability.
- SRM plugin will be removed for BuyRegion for shop rentals at Central and other places.

I figured this meant all regions including Townships. I hope I am wrong.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
AOEing without any care for your teammates isnt skill. It's not a tactic we want to support.
Its not just AOE we are concerned about. GTP'ing party buffs from bard, cleric etc. there are TONS of factors on why this isn't the greatest idea at the moment.

I feel like 5 is way too small of a number and it will really kill some of the fun for players. When I tell them they cannot come because we have a full group at 5.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
AOEing without any care for your teammates isnt skill. It's not a tactic we want to support.
Are you planning on removing township protections from AOE?

Not trying to argue, just clarify.

This change with the current Township system would not effect AOE'ing into allies as the Township plugin will protect townies from spells. It will effect all heals from Cleric/Druid and Buffs from Bard/Druid though very heavily.

If so, whether for better or worse(time will tell) this will limit engagements to 5v5's and kill most larger battles as all leftclick and aoe anything will hit your allies. Battle is to short and chaotic to stop that. If the server is successful and more then one town can field 10+ pvpers I feel this will hold back the players. Although I suppose if enough other townships manage to actually get more then 5 players you could always raise this cap..

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Are you planning on removing township protections from AOE?

Not trying to argue, just clarify.

This change with the current Township system would not effect AOE'ing into allies as the Township plugin will protect townies from spells. It will effect all heals from Cleric/Druid and Buffs from Bard/Druid though very heavily.

If so, whether for better or worse(time will tell) this will limit engagements to 5v5's and kill most larger battles as all leftclick and aoe anything will hit your allies. Battle is to short and chaotic to stop that. If the server is successful and more then one town can field 10+ pvpers I feel this will hold back the players. Although I suppose if enough other townships manage to actually get more then 5 players you could always raise this cap..
Well to even get a successful town early on in the map you need more then 5 players. Most towns will have 10+ players easily and there is no reason why I see it being good lowered down to 5 besides limiting wizards aoe which still makes no sense to me because if there are more then 5 enemies in the area those mofos will get hit anyways.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Well to even get a successful town early on in the map you need more then 5 players. Most towns will have 10+ players easily and there is no reason why I see it being good lowered down to 5 besides limiting wizards aoe which still makes no sense to me because if there are more then 5 enemies in the area those mofos will get hit anyways.

I am only speaking from the state of Haven. It's not like Bastion or Early Haven. For months now it's rare for anyone to field a full group other then me.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I am only speaking from the state of Haven. It's not like Bastion or Early Haven. For months now it's rare for anyone to field a full group other then me.
It won't be the case in 7 days though. The entire freeper group is coming back to play and I am almost 100% positive you will see bastion names back on the server.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Ever read Ender's Game? Everyone used a few big squads until the little genius discovered that lots of small squads gives you more battlefield control. One big squad moves as a lump and communication can get choppy when 10+ people are calling things out, where two squads of 5 have the same amount of people, but more coordination and twice the map presence.

I support this change

MichaelRL

Legacy Supporter 3
Ever read Ender's Game? Everyone used a few big squads until the little genius discovered that lots of small squads gives you more battlefield control. One big squad moves as a lump and communication can get choppy when 10+ people are calling things out, where two squads of 5 have the same amount of people, but more coordination and twice the map presence.

I support this change