• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Upcoming PvP party limits and concerns

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I disagree with lowering the party size for PvP. Too many classes are better in larger groups than in smaller. Right now most people would choose Cleric, or Druid over lets say Shaman. With large parties you don't need to be picky about what is in your group.

If I had to choose between throwing a Cleric in my 5v5 or a Shaman I would choose Cleric everyday. Parties of 5 limit what you can choose from (in most cases). Plus 10v10 fights are more enjoyable (for me at least), and as other people have said, I do not want to have to choose between certain friends because I can only take 5

Ultanian

Portal
On the other hand, I am sure this party limit decrease was for a very valid reason and I 100% agree with it. Anyone notice how it's. 10 for shrine and 15 for the adventure map? There may be other updates we don't know about...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I disagree with lowering the party size for PvP. Too many classes are better in larger groups than in smaller. Right now most people would choose Cleric, or Druid over lets say Shaman. With large parties you don't need to be picky about what is in your group.

If I had to choose between throwing a Cleric in my 5v5 or a Shaman I would choose Cleric everyday. Parties of 5 limit what you can choose from (in most cases). Plus 10v10 fights are more enjoyable (for me at least), and as other people have said, I do not want to have to choose between certain friends because I can only take 5
Be honest, unless you are crazy like some people....you'd go cleric anyway :p It's less of nerfing AOE and more of allowing solo classes being more viable in parties.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Be honest, unless you are crazy like some people....you'd go cleric anyway :p It's less of nerfing AOE and more of allowing solo classes being more viable in parties.
Well, in my opinion solo classes do better in larger fights, than 5v5s. You are not going to win a 5v5 where you have all solo classes and they have a proper composition (unless they are bad). I agree that supports are hella strong in group fights. But in a 5v5 there is no room for a solo class. You are not going to choose Ninja over Bard in a 5v5. If we are talking about giving more opportunities to all the classes 10v10 is more appropriate than 5v5. Even better than 10v10 would be 3v3 (where your composition matters less)

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, in my opinion solo classes do better in larger fights, than 5v5s. You are not going to win a 5v5 where you have all solo classes and they have a proper composition (unless they are bad). I agree that supports are hella strong in group fights. But in a 5v5 there is no room for a solo class. You are not going to choose Ninja over Bard in a 5v5. If we are talking about giving more opportunities to all the classes 10v10 is more appropriate than 5v5. Even better than 10v10 would be 3v3 (where your composition matters less)
Agreed, in a 5v5 you can't have a ninja, but if it was a 10v10 you can have a ninja (and it could actually be good)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I find the opposite, but maybe it's just playstyle.

Xhazed

Portal
Ever read Ender's Game? Everyone used a few big squads until the little genius discovered that lots of small squads gives you more battlefield control. One big squad moves as a lump and communication can get choppy when 10+ people are calling things out, where two squads of 5 have the same amount of people, but more coordination and twice the map presence.

I support this change
Best book i have read ( only book i have read)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Ever read Ender's Game? Everyone used a few big squads until the little genius discovered that lots of small squads gives you more battlefield control. One big squad moves as a lump and communication can get choppy when 10+ people are calling things out, where two squads of 5 have the same amount of people, but more coordination and twice the map presence.

I support this change
This isn't Ender's Game though its herocraft on a minecraft server. That's what you need to put into consideration.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
PvP objectives are not WOW Raids. They are LoL nexus's, Zolaria will be a giant game of dominion, and if you want to have multiple parties working together in the same clan then you had better use that Top-tier teamspeak skill to organize those groups of 5 to work together.

If the server's PvP population picks up, the group size might need an increase to 7 or 10 but that would need a larger influx of pvpers than Twice all of Werwew's friends coming back all at once, IMO.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
If player base remains low like it is throughout the next map then keep 5 max. If we get a larger player base of say over 100-110 then raise to 10. AOE's op.

Xhazed

Portal
It is hard to handle 2 parties at once, if they added like a pograme like the one for arma 3 which allows for any1 close to hear what someone says but if there are 2 groups one of hem can communicate theough a phone or w.e that wount happen, so just PLS increase party size i think this low party number is going to be a major fk up

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It is hard to handle 2 parties at once
You do not know that yet. With Conquest points scattered across the map and requiring a player presence to defend, I would expect that top tier clans would leave slow tanky/utility classes like Berserker/Cleric/Wizard at the Conquest points, while ranging forth with their Pally/Ninja/Bard team to see who is approaching their outpost.

To me, the multiple capture points (again, think LoL dominion not WoW Raid) would make having two parties better.

I have been hunting for the source of this but cannot find it despite remembering it: Kainzo: Is Party size going to be for Zolaria 5, for PvP-RPG 10, and for PvE-RPG 15? edit: WitchOnARampage has the answer below.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@Dsawemd - and I understand RPG is the Adventure map, yes?
Ah Thank you Witch!! And no, RPG = Haven. PvP = Adventure map Edit: Needs confirmation

NEW MAP PARTY SIZES in their current map "language"

Haven (RPG): 15
Shrine (PVE): 10
Awesome PvP Adventure Map that we don't know what it feels like to play on yet (PVP): 5

Clearly, the 15v15 has to happen at some point on RPG. @werwew19 start gathering your soldiers

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Ah Thank you Witch!! And no, RPG = Haven. PvP = Adventure map

Awesome PvP Adventure Map that we don't know what it feels like to play on yet (PVP): 5

Clearly, the 15v15 has to happen at some point on RPG. @werwew19 start gathering your soldiers
I'm almost positive that rpg is adventure. And pvp is neo-haven. So that would mean the party sizes are 5, which is the point of the post.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Ah Thank you Witch!! And no, RPG = Haven. PvP = Adventure map Edit: Needs confirmation

RPG is the adventure map

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
RPG is the adventure map
So why the hell are you even mad? 15 man raids on pvp objectives, and you dont LIKE it?

Unless I am mistaken, most of the fun top tier pvp will be around these objectives. They are going to be worthwhile targets and you can bring 14 friends!!!

The "Gank for Their Loot" style of pvp will be greatly reduced on the new map, as only foolhardy levelers will go to Neo-Haven to level when Neo-Shrine is identical for leveling without the pvp risk and inventories are going to transfer cross-worlds.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
So why the hell are you even mad? 15 man raids on pvp objectives, and you dont LIKE it?

Unless I am mistaken, most of the fun top tier pvp will be around these objectives. They are going to be worthwhile targets and you can bring 14 friends!!!

The "Gank for Their Loot" style of pvp will be greatly reduced on the new map, as only foolhardy levelers will go to Neo-Haven to level when Neo-Shrine is identical for leveling without the pvp risk and inventories are going to transfer cross-worlds.
he wants the limit to go back to 10 on the PVP server, and I actually agree with it because if people are coming back you don't just want to give them another reason to leave because that would in turn hurt the server instead of helping it