• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
@Trazil

The only players I've seen compaling about the township 3.0 system if from within your group. No one else, only yours (as usual). I'm not here to

That is because our group and yours are the only ones testing it. What, did you expect feedback from other people like the freepers, umbra, and other major groups who obviously were not present in the testing events.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Right let's get this right before anything else;

PVP = mindlessly killing players or fighting other players
Raiding = having a plan to take over/ destroy/ steal from a well set up town. This normally includes PVP but not every raid has players online to defend.

With the introduction of mines/ regions that produce items. It actually helps a well set up town by rewarding them with resources. This again will then let players worry less about loosing gear/ items thus increasing the chance of more players PVP'ing. It actually is possible to raid a town without disabling the turrets. I don't see why or how your are finding this so hard to comprehend. Turrets can not cover every block/ region within a town due to the limit of turrets that certain towns can have.

I'm not sure on why you are trying to say that there's a lot of 'skill' within PVP. This game doesn't require much skill within combat (it's too slow of a game anyway for a ton of 'skill' to play a big factor). It normally comes down to who's got the most people/ highest level/ best gear/ or the group with a healer who likes to dance.
some people I tell ya, just cant seem to understand these things.
PVP= Player vs player such as killing another player, this isnt mindless at all or you wouldn't have tournaments that have a 5v5 going for almost 20 mins and attract many people to watch it. Go on youtube and watch some TCK Freeper LO and Umbra PVP that's not mindless and takes a lot of though. Why do you think teamspeak is needed for pvp?

If you place your turrets right along with other traps, you can have everywhere in your town very well protected, and there are other defenses such as the poison on top of turrets and traps. Many people on Herocraft don't worry AT ALL about losing some items because things like diamonds are only around 3s each and most people have atleast 500s if they are active.

@Trazil

The only players I've seen compaling about the township 3.0 system if from within your group. No one else, only yours (as usual). I'm not here to argue with you at all, I'm simply stating facts that you have over looked completely. To truely raid a town, it should cost the raiders a fair amount of time/ money and resources to actually complete it rather than a simple smash and grab that you all think to seem is the best way to PVP and the most fun.

As well as this, township 3.0 adds more depth to the game and more of a longer objective to aim for other than 'let's build a cobble stone box, region the whole thing and cover our chests with dirt blocks.
to truly SIEGE a town you mean? we aren't trying to destroy the town, we want to just raid it meaning go there kill some people get some loot and leave. you're right I guess that towns 3.0 adds more depth because now we use a list of stuff jam it into any area, also now we don't even need to cover our chests! wow!

@devotedworker you may live in pvp, but you do not actively pvp at all. No I will not agree that PVE hasn't been a factor in killing PVP because there are many people that flat out said that was a huge reason they left. And lastly Yes I can say Phoenix and Multi pushed this too early because even after the last test showed MANY problems and had MANY MANY complaints multi simply responded with #cryhards, then didn't fix anything and pushed it.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
That is because our group and yours are the only ones testing it. What, did you expect feedback from other people like the freepers, umbra, and other major groups who obviously were not present in the testing events.
Freepers Umbra Tck and them left because they either got banned or fed up with things. :( R.I.P.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Right, you should not be able to preform a smash and grab on a well planned town with defences. This is a main point I'm trying to get across to you. You aren't finding it fun as you're trying the same sh*t as usual on a town with actual defences. You haven't actually planned anything other than let's get everyone together and meet at these coords. If you actually experienced what a true raid is within township 3.0, you would certainly have a different opinion on the matter.
When did I say that we aren't finding PvP fun? It's funny because all raidings aren't even planned, or they're just like as you said "lets get everyone together and meet at these coords." Most raids are like that. What else is there to plan? Other than maybe fight at a certain terrain or at day so there won't be mobs. What, are we gonna plan of how in exactly 8:30 Pm in-game time, we will divinestun that wizard. Most of the plans I assume you're talking about can be easily made and said within 3 minutes in teamspeak.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
uAfAp9G.gif

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
instead of just saying #cryhards you should try and address the issues that are being presented to you.
Exactly. This was what I said a couple of posts ago. Multi, phoenix, or whoever are coding these are not taking it seriously or are not addressing it properly/seriously.

Edit: Don't even bother to tell us to make suggestions about it if you aren't even gonna fucking read it. Although I disagree all what devoted worker or Beau has said in this thread, at least they actually argued and not just "Lol, didn't read" @Multitallented It may actually better to promote them to be the head coders of this plugin, even if they may not know about coding.

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
wow this thread got to 3 pages? #cryhards
I'm surprised they gave someone this imature even a little power over HC, you pushed townships 3.0 upon us even though no one asked for it, you ban people because they are complaining about the crap that exists in it, you insult players for the fact they don't like your townships 3.0, so why are you a coder when you can't keep your calm? Pathetic. People should see you as a role model, all i see you is as a person who got too much power too fast and who can't control himself even in a professional position.

Status
Not open for further replies.