• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Here are my suggestions for the Townships:
-Nerf the Arrow Turret's damage. Or at least make it so it doesn't pierce armor. This will make it so there would be more strategy planned like having a tank in the front tanking the damage.

-Have only ONE region that is to be pvp-protected. Having many houses to be pvp-protected is too much.

You can barely get to the people wandering around their town before being whittled down by the turrets as they get away to a safe zone. And it's pretty easy to get into a safe zone since pretty much every house IS a safe zone.

@malikdanab @Phoenix_Frenzy

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I honestly thought they were perfect in terms of balance. They are not hard to disable if the player actually knows what their doing. Healers next to nullify their damage if the damage is rotated between party groups and they are expensive to buy/ research. Needless nerf for the 'raiders' who haven't got a clue of the mechanics of township 3.0.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I honestly thought they were perfect in terms of balance. They are not hard to disable if the player actually knows what their doing. Healers next to nullify their damage if the damage is rotated between party groups and they are expensive to buy/ research. Needless nerf for the 'raiders' who haven't got a clue of the mechanics of township 3.0.
Kind of hard to nullify the damage when it kills a max paladin in 3 seconds.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@devotedworker i don't understand how you could facepalm that... If you've tested the current arrow turret you would know how rediculous it was, it actually did 36% of my health, as a max paladin, in one shot.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Of course the person who hasn't even tested attacking a town with a turret says this. Not hard to disable? They are 10 blocks up in the air, which means only mobility classes can reach them. Even then, there will be other turrets shooting at you. Not to mention that they deal a half of your health(Most mobility classes are very squishy, so yes half of your health per shot). So you die before you can even open the chest even if you managed to get up there.

So tell me, how exactly is half of your health per arrow balanced?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
It takes 4 shoots to kill anyone ( 33% + 33% +33% +33% >= 100 and this is before the #cryhards nerf XD ) ... and 1 Arrow takes more than 3 seconds to fire...
So... 3 seconds =/= death... And being a max level padlin doesn't change the fact... its identical for all classes...
And as you awesomely Pointed out, its the most ideal balance you are going to get... Not to mention If I can disable 2 arrow turrets under fire ( Invuln helped me a lot for the first one ) ... I can expect 3+ raiders to do as much. Mhk? Just rip the redstone

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
And like irish said, how can you disagree with irisman81? @devotedworker. Well, I wouldn't expect any good reason coming from someone who tested MythicMobs before release only as a Cleric (which has tons of heals and can obviously sustain the powerful mobs). "Hey, I'm a max cleric and I'm not even suppose to be even that good at fighting but I can kill these mobs and out sustain them. Mythic mobs are definitely balanced and lost souls can definitely take them on with their iron swords and gold helmet armor. Cuz u know I'm a cleric and its not good at killing but I killed them anyway."

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
It takes 4 shoots to kill anyone ( 33% + 33% +33% +33% >= 100 and this is before the #cryhards nerf XD ) ... and 1 Arrow takes more than 3 seconds to fire...
So... 3 seconds =/= death... And being a max level padlin doesn't change the fact... its identical for all classes...

And as you awesomely Pointed out, its the most ideal balance you are going to get... Not to mention If I can disable 2 arrow turrets under fire ( Invuln helped me a lot for the first one ) ... I can expect 3+ raiders to do as much. Mhk? Just rip the redstone
1 Arrow takes more than 3 seconds to fire? The day when we raided you guys, there were a couple of times when it shot 2 arrows in one second. Sure maybe it does shoot an arrow per 3 seconds, but theres also the other turret that we have to worry about. And not only that, if we're already having a struggle against a simple two defense turret, what about when people become more clever and design better turret systems where it's almost impossible to reach them.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

Well that's simply not true. I was testing it yesterday, and while looking at my percent health it went from 100 to 64%. And if what you are saying is correct in that it just does a percent to everyone, that shouldn't be a thing.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
But anyway, no use in arguing since it has already been nerfed. (And also I'm having bad Internet connection, so I'm on mobile which I hate to type wit). I will put my I'm input when I have tested the nerfed arrow turrets. I just simply argued against what others have said that turrets were balanced before the nerfs

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I honestly don't trust anything devoted says because all he has been doing is praising phoenix and multi without saying anything bad about them, just like he does with every staff member.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
And like irish said, how can you disagree with irisman81? @devotedworker. Well, I wouldn't expect any good reason coming from someone who tested MythicMobs before release only as a Cleric (which has tons of heals and can obviously sustain the powerful mobs). "Hey, I'm a max cleric and I'm not even suppose to be even that good at fighting but I can kill these mobs and out sustain them. Mythic mobs are definitely balanced and lost souls can definitely take them on with their iron swords and gold helmet armor. Cuz u know I'm a cleric and its not good at killing but I killed them anyway."
I honestly don't trust anything devoted says because all he has been doing is praising phoenix and multi without saying anything bad about them, just like he does with every staff member.

( I can't believe 2 people managed to do this... ) Both of your comments on my "Mess up" With mythic mobs and giving praise to staff members ( Which hey... not a bad thing ) is unneeded. That isn't staff behavior to bash and slander other people. Please refrain from doing so in the future k? It could hurt someones feelings.

Well that's simply not true. I was testing it yesterday, and while looking at my percent health it went from 100 to 64%. And if what you are saying is correct in that it just does a percent to everyone, that shouldn't be a thing.
100% - 33% = 64% Yah thats right. ( It was nerfed to 25% I believe now ) but the thing with percentages is actually for a good reason. If we picked a certain damaged ( Lets say 333 ) then any class that had less than 1000 health would be at a disadvantage to only survive 3 hits instead of 4, so the percentage gives a buff to any class with less health. This makes it so almost any class can stand up to a turret for the same amount of time. But I will compromise and agree is somewhat unfair to classes that have higher health, but they tend to have healing skills or defence of some sort to make up for it :D

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal

We both know within 3 seconds is false. The time between each arrow fire is about 3/4 seconds. For you to be killed you'll have to be within the same spot for 9 - 12-ish whole seconds. That is plenty of time for anyone to back out of that area. Also, rotating the turret fire would ensure a lot less people will die to it while being able to rotate the heals.

Another point is that each super region has a max if two turrets at first then finally reaching a max of 3 turrets. These super regions cover HUGE areas while these turrets cannot. Using them to close access to specific areas should be acceptable considering everything as a whole. Overall these was only made because 'raiders' as said before complain about mechanics they do not fully understand.

Edit; another point is that the arrows fired from the turrets aren't a gaurenteed hit. As I first came across turrets, I was able to dodge enough arrows while healing myself to never drop below half HP.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Of course the person who hasn't even tested attacking a town with a turret says this. Not hard to disable? They are 10 blocks up in the air, which means only mobility classes can reach them. Even then, there will be other turrets shooting at you. Not to mention that they deal a half of your health(Most mobility classes are very squishy, so yes half of your health per shot). So you die before you can even open the chest even if you managed to get up there.

So tell me, how exactly is half of your health per arrow balanced?

Turrets don't actually deal a set dmt value. They deal a % of the targets overall max HP. So we both know that a single arrow cannot take half your HP off you (more like 33%) But regardless of the turrets being high up, there are skills within the classes on the server that will give you access to those turrets regardless as line of sight is needed for them to work.

Edit; also regarding your comment to devoted about the turret shooting twice within a second. This only appeared like this as there were two turrets shooting you. This is why you guys think it's over powered as you was dealing with two turrets very close to each other rather than just a single turret.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
( I can't believe 2 people managed to do this... ) Both of your comments on my "Mess up" With mythic mobs and giving praise to staff members ( Which hey... not a bad thing ) is unneeded. That isn't staff behavior to bash and slander other people. Please refrain from doing so in the future k? It could hurt someones feelings.

100% - 33% = 64% Yah thats right. ( It was nerfed to 25% I believe now ) but the thing with percentages is actually for a good reason. If we picked a certain damaged ( Lets say 333 ) then any class that had less than 1000 health would be at a disadvantage to only survive 3 hits instead of 4, so the percentage gives a buff to any class with less health. This makes it so almost any class can stand up to a turret for the same amount of time. But I will compromise and agree is somewhat unfair to classes that have higher health, but they tend to have healing skills or defence of some sort to make up for it :D
dragoon has no heal, zerker and dk have lifesteals. paladin is the only one with a heal. and even at 25% that is still pretty high. that's still 4 shots and you are dead, which is tons if someone is fighting you and protecting their turrets. @Beau_Nearh I fully understand these mechanics however, you don't consider how overpowered the turrets and other defenses are when you are fighting someone. Right now if it is 25% of my hp in 1 shot as a necro that's around 225, so with my remaining 675 lets say I'm fighting a wizard, they icebolt fireball me for around 200 dmg. Now im down to 475, when I try to run they entangle me and bolt, now down to 275. then they fireball icebolt and kill me again, if the turret hasn't already done it for them.

The nonstop praise of staff members isn't always needed because you do it too much that MANY flaws are overlooked by people saying everything is perfect already.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Turrets don't actually deal a set dmt value. They deal a % of the targets overall max HP. So we both know that a single arrow cannot take half your HP off you (more like 33%) But regardless of the turrets being high up, there are skills within the classes on the server that will give you access to those turrets regardless as line of sight is needed for them to work.

Edit; also regarding your comment to devoted about the turret shooting twice within a second. This only appeared like this as there were two turrets shooting you. This is why you guys think it's over powered as you was dealing with two turrets very close to each other rather than just a single turret.
making it so you need a certain class to even raid hurts the server. I like playing necro, but guess what? No mobility so I cant raid with it without bringing more people which takes a lot of appeal out of many classes and shouldn't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.