• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
dragoon has no heal, zerker and dk have lifesteals. paladin is the only one with a heal. and even at 25% that is still pretty high. that's still 4 shots and you are dead, which is tons if someone is fighting you and protecting their turrets. @Beau_Nearh I fully understand these mechanics however, you don't consider how overpowered the turrets and other defenses are when you are fighting someone. Right now if it is 25% of my hp in 1 shot as a necro that's around 225, so with my remaining 675 lets say I'm fighting a wizard, they icebolt fireball me for around 200 dmg. Now im down to 475, when I try to run they entangle me and bolt, now down to 275. then they fireball icebolt and kill me again, if the turret hasn't already done it for them.

The nonstop praise of staff members isn't always needed because you do it too much that MANY flaws are overlooked by people saying everything is perfect already.

You're forgetting a key point within townships. Players within their towns should always and I mean always have the upper hand, and I'm not talking a slight upper hand. Players should be rewarded Into developing towns and fortifying them. Getting a player to sink so much time into a project to then have it destroyed due to even playing fields shouldn't be even considered (or big 'raiding groups' turning up and camping those players).

I agree with you that the damage is high but this is perfectly fine. The time intervals between each arrow fired is ample for a dragoon or other class to disable them (not including ranged heals that most heal classes have). Don't get me wrong I'm not going to say the person who's disabled it is going to be all fine and dandy after it. They should be injured to the point where they feel the need to run away for a bit to regen some health. This should then I courage more thought our raids rather than a smash and dash approach to how it used to be.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
You're forgetting a key point within townships. Players within their towns should always and I mean always have the upper hand, and I'm not talking a slight upper hand. Players should be rewarded Into developing towns and fortifying them. Getting a player to sink so much time into a project to then have it destroyed due to even playing fields shouldn't be even considered (or big 'raiding groups' turning up and camping those players).

I agree with you that the damage is high but this is perfectly fine. The time intervals between each arrow fired is ample for a dragoon or other class to disable them (not including ranged heals that most heal classes have). Don't get me wrong I'm not going to say the person who's disabled it is going to be all fine and dandy after it. They should be injured to the point where they feel the need to run away for a bit to regen some health. This should then I courage more thought our raids rather than a smash and dash approach to how it used to be.
This quote states everything wrong with townships 3.0 in PvP, so the only PvP left inside towns is Players vs Turrents. Way to ruin PvP with townships 3.0, i mean its PvP not PvE. Also kinda stupid that because of turrents we are limited to only certain classes. G Fuckin G. #DevsFavorPvE #NewPvEServerIsPvPServerConfirmed2k14

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

No they shouldn't always get an upper hand? Lets just kill pvp now if you want that, because all raiding will be pointless #banpvp @MrFly007 <3
cannons are expensive and they are slow, people cant stay on forever and protect them so I really doubt that unless you are inactive for a few days your town will not be destroyed from a raiding party, and you will have time to destroy any cannons they have made.

This plugin really needed more tests before it was put on live.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
No they shouldn't always get an upper hand? Lets just kill pvp now if you want that, because all raiding will be pointless #banpvp @MrFly007 <3
cannons are expensive and they are slow, people cant stay on forever and protect them so I really doubt that unless you are inactive for a few days your town will not be destroyed from a raiding party, and you will have time to destroy any cannons they have made.

XD this post, you assumed that people besides PvE were allowed to express their opinion in the tests. Lawl #banpvp. Also Majority of active staff favor PvE.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This quote states everything wrong with townships 3.0 in PvP, so the only PvP left inside towns is Players vs Turrents. Way to ruin PvP with townships 3.0, i mean its PvP not PvE. Also kinda stupid that because of turrents we are limited to only certain classes. G Fuckin G

You can not make statements like this without using all mechanics township 3.0 has to offer. If you feel these way even after this, I suggest you find a faction server as that would seem to fit you a lot more better. But how does turrets limit you to certain classes? You don't actually have to disable the turret, no one is forcing you to do this. It is recommended as they inflict a lot if damage but it isn't a requirement.

Apparently the term Pvp to you means swinging your sword/ axe constantly without putting any thought into it. (Not intended to come across so hostile but I've got no other way of putting it).

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
You're forgetting a key point within townships. Players within their towns should always and I mean always have the upper hand, and I'm not talking a slight upper hand.
When was it like this?? And why should it be like this? Before Townships 3.0, even just the fact that you are defending inside your town is an advantage. Since you have regions, you could set up sneaky tunnels to gank raiders from behind. And can have as much chests that have supplies, compared to only a limited inventory of supplies for raiders. This isn't even PvP anymore, this is literally just players vs turrets. If you are a developed town, then you should be able to defend yourself or at least put up some fight. Not relying on turrets. Like traps or outposts to shoot projectiles to the enemy with. A piercing turret that does most of the damage and safe zones everywhere is definitely not developed. Anyone can set those up easily. Are we trying to turn this into PvT? Players vs turrets? lol.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
XD this post, you assumed that people besides PvE were allowed to express their opinion in the tests. Lawl #banpvp. Also Majority of active staff favor PvE.
Kainzo putting the Township test on PVP and deadly mythic mobs ( Not intended but still there ) on PVE is showing favoritism for PVE? XD

Beau_Nearh

Portal

No one has actually completed (or even started from my knowledge) a raid within the new township 3.0 system. The only reason you guys are seeing it as a pain is because you're not actually using the system at all. All you're doing is killing players within the town while camping out their protected regions. That is not a raid at all.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Kainzo putting the Township test on PVP and deadly mythic mobs ( Not intended but still there ) on PVE is showing favoritism for PVE? XD
You see scrub the whole thing is a conspiracy the townships 3.0 has done Nothing and I mean NOTHING for PvP, in fact people PvP less so PvP is the new PvE server so just like all the staff wanted.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
When was it like this?? And why should it be like this? Before Townships 3.0, even just the fact that you are defending inside your town is an advantage. Since you have regions, you could set up sneaky tunnels to gank raiders from behind. And can have as much chests that have supplies, compared to only a limited inventory of supplies for raiders. This isn't even PvP anymore, this is literally just players vs turrets. If you are a developed town, then you should be able to defend yourself or at least put up some fight. Not relying on turrets. Like traps or outposts to shoot projectiles to the enemy with. A piercing turret that does most of the damage and safe zones everywhere is definitely not developed. Anyone can set those up easily. Are we trying to turn this into PvT? Players vs turrets? lol.

I disagree. Even with you being in your town while a raid is taking place. The chances are that you are out numbered in players is almost always let's be hoest. Proper 'raiders' within this system would actually create a super region while creating segeing regions to drain the towns power. If you feel the need to kill the few towns people while doing this, free to do so but until you do that. It's not actually a raid on a town within this system.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
You can not make statements like this without using all mechanics township 3.0 has to offer. If you feel these way even after this, I suggest you find a faction server as that would seem to fit you a lot more better. But how does turrets limit you to certain classes? You don't actually have to disable the turret, no one is forcing you to do this. It is recommended as they inflict a lot if damage but it isn't a requirement.

Apparently the term Pvp to you means swinging your sword/ axe constantly without putting any thought into it. (Not intended to come across so hostile but I've got no other way of putting it).
You don't even have to know all the other mechanics of township 3.0 to know that this is killing pvp. All you have to know is the fact that there are turrets that deal a crap ton of damage and safe zones people can easily hide in. Do quarries, mines, or other features in any way even related to how it is killing pvp?

IF YOU DON'T DISABLE THE TURRET, HOW DO YOU EVEN RAID LOL. What, you're gonna tell me that it will bring the fight outside? EVEN WITH 9000 DMG TURRETS PROTECTING THE DEFENDERS, THEY DON'T EVEN COME OUT.

What, since when did pvp was just swinging your sword. How come there are a lot of situations in which one or two person is able to face off against a group of 4 people?? PvP isn't just swinging your sword w/o thought, it does require some skill to kill people.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
You see scrub the whole thing is a conspiracy the townships 3.0 has done Nothing and I mean NOTHING for PvP, in fact people PvP less so PvP is the new PvE server so just like all the staff wanted.

I disagree, I've seen more people recently on PVP from when township 3.0 went live for the previous few months. Obliviously you're the minority and don't like the new system at all.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok, so I guess your argument is that within the Townships 3.0 system, our way of raiding is definitely not raiding. Since it is not really draining the town's power or w/e. I see that point. But the thing is, if you actually ask the pvp'ers, do they really care about this? Most likely not. They just want actual pvp and group fights, because those are fun. In fact it wouldn't do us any good if we do decide to completely destroy your town and regions. Since most of you would most likely quit since your items may have been stolen, or not have a desire at all to build it up again or w/e reason. Other than items, in the long run it won't benefit us since it's one less town to raid. And that will just kill PvP more. So I think that most PvP'ers would agree that its better for us not to drain your town's power. Having to struggle against some turret is not fun.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

This plugin is an overcomplicated form of factions with players losing power when other players kill them with a few other things like siege cannons added. BTW PVP is an acronym for Player Vs. Player if you didn't know. this is Heroes not vanilla pvp

I would prefer the mobs over this, because it limits pvp more than the mobs would.
No one has actually completed (or even started from my knowledge) a raid within the new township 3.0 system. The only reason you guys are seeing it as a pain is because you're not actually using the system at all. All you're doing is killing players within the town while camping out their protected regions. That is not a raid at all.
you shouldn't need to spend Tons of souls each time you want to raid a town, this isn't Bastion where people like Miners and Jonsoon had over 100k. If I'm raiding a town that has regions with this plugin im raiding with this plugin. @Beau_Nearh have you not seen all of these threads that show many problems with towns 3.0? Yes we are a Huge minority right? The only people defending it I see really are people that never pvp or just live in PVE. Phoenix and Multi pushed this through too early without fixing problems that needed to be solved

Beau_Nearh

Portal
You don't even have to know all the other mechanics of township 3.0 to know that this is killing pvp. All you have to know is the fact that there are turrets that deal a crap ton of damage and safe zones people can easily hide in. Do quarries, mines, or other features in any way even related to how it is killing pvp?

IF YOU DON'T DISABLE THE TURRET, HOW DO YOU EVEN RAID LOL. What, you're gonna tell me that it will bring the fight outside? EVEN WITH 9000 DMG TURRETS PROTECTING THE DEFENDERS, THEY DON'T EVEN COME OUT.

What, since when did pvp was just swinging your sword. How come there are a lot of situations in which one or two person is able to face off against a group of 4 people?? PvP isn't just swinging your sword w/o thought, it does require some skill to kill people.

Right let's get this right before anything else;

PVP = mindlessly killing players or fighting other players
Raiding = having a plan to take over/ destroy/ steal from a well set up town. This normally includes PVP but not every raid has players online to defend.

With the introduction of mines/ regions that produce items. It actually helps a well set up town by rewarding them with resources. This again will then let players worry less about loosing gear/ items thus increasing the chance of more players PVP'ing. It actually is possible to raid a town without disabling the turrets. I don't see why or how your are finding this so hard to comprehend. Turrets can not cover every block/ region within a town due to the limit of turrets that certain towns can have.

I'm not sure on why you are trying to say that there's a lot of 'skill' within PVP. This game doesn't require much skill within combat (it's too slow of a game anyway for a ton of 'skill' to play a big factor). It normally comes down to who's got the most people/ highest level/ best gear/ or the group with a healer who likes to dance.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
@Trazil

The only players I've seen compaling about the township 3.0 system if from within your group. No one else, only yours (as usual). I'm not here to argue with you at all, I'm simply stating facts that you have over looked completely. To truely raid a town, it should cost the raiders a fair amount of time/ money and resources to actually complete it rather than a simple smash and grab that you all think to seem is the best way to PVP and the most fun.

As well as this, township 3.0 adds more depth to the game and more of a longer objective to aim for other than 'let's build a cobble stone box, region the whole thing and cover our chests with dirt blocks.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Ok, so I guess your argument is that within the Townships 3.0 system, our way of raiding is definitely not raiding. Since it is not really draining the town's power or w/e. I see that point. But the thing is, if you actually ask the pvp'ers, do they really care about this? Most likely not. They just want actual pvp and group fights, because those are fun. In fact it wouldn't do us any good if we do decide to completely destroy your town and regions. Since most of you would most likely quit since your items may have been stolen, or not have a desire at all to build it up again or w/e reason. Other than items, in the long run it won't benefit us since it's one less town to raid. And that will just kill PvP more. So I think that most PvP'ers would agree that its better for us not to drain your town's power. Having to struggle against some turret is not fun.

Right, you should not be able to preform a smash and grab on a well planned town with defences. This is a main point I'm trying to get across to you. You aren't finding it fun as you're trying the same sh*t as usual on a town with actual defences. You haven't actually planned anything other than let's get everyone together and meet at these coords. If you actually experienced what a true raid is within township 3.0, you would certainly have a different opinion on the matter.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
This plugin is an overcomplicated form of factions with players losing power when other players kill them with a few other things like siege cannons added. BTW PVP is an acronym for Player Vs. Player if you didn't know. this is Heroes not vanilla pvp

I would prefer the mobs over this, because it limits pvp more than the mobs would.

you shouldn't need to spend Tons of souls each time you want to raid a town, this isn't Bastion where people like Miners and Jonsoon had over 100k. If I'm raiding a town that has regions with this plugin im raiding with this plugin. @Beau_Nearh have you not seen all of these threads that show many problems with towns 3.0? Yes we are a Huge minority right? The only people defending it I see really are people that never pvp or just live in PVE. Phoenix and Multi pushed this through too early without fixing problems that needed to be solved
The people who paticipated in the plugin Development ( Multi and Phoenix ) and almost everyone who was in Amoria ( Except for poor Etkenn :_: ) actually are in PVP... Myself included. So pretty much everyone who has argued for or against Townships is in PVP. Lets just agree that PVE isn't killing PVP ok?
Also Multitallented and Pheonix_Frenzy had 3 tests to show off the Township plugin, thats a lot more than any other feature I believe I have ever seen. They spent plenty of time testing the plugin, so you can't blame them for pushing it "Too Early"

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Right let's get this right before anything else;

PVP = mindlessly killing players or fighting other players
Raiding = having a plan to take over/ destroy/ steal from a well set up town. This normally includes PVP but not every raid has players online to defend.
And where did you pull these definitions from? I've been in this server for over 3 years, and my only time of inactivity was during Haven and I was on a 3 month leave from the server. As both a PvE'er and PvP'er myself(I actually spend more time in PvE), I can say that these are the definitions we have come to based on how PvP works in this server.

PvP and Raiding = same definition. It is killing players either for KDR(or ELO back then) or for their items. If they have neither, then it's as simple as killing them. Simple as that, no plan or some crap. It's as simple as finding a town or a person to kill because that's really the only thing you can do as a PvP'er. Now, Like I said, this is the definition that I've based on from all of my raiding experiences(and yes, I am an active raider too) within my 3+ years of playing in Herocraft. If you think that this should not be how PvP is like, then sorry but this is HOW PvP is and has been. You can't just change that suddenly with the introduction of Townships 3.0

I'm not sure on why you are trying to say that there's a lot of 'skill' within PVP. This game doesn't require much skill within combat (it's too slow of a game anyway for a ton of 'skill' to play a big factor). It normally comes down to who's got the most people/ highest level/ best gear/ or the group with a healer who likes to dance.
Then how are there situations in which one or two people is able to kill a part of 4-5 people?? I've fought against people with better gear than me(I hate wearing good gear because I don't want to lose durability on them if I ever die). I've fought against people who were higher level than me. (I remember clearly of when Air_Restraint who was a lvl 65 paladin with full protection armor and good sword ganking me when I was only a level 57 DK. I forced him to lay hands and drink a health pot, I did not kill him but I forced him to run). I've been in situations where I was ganked by a party of 2-3 people which I won. I've been in raiding parties in which destroyed another raiding party's team comp that consisted mainly of healers. And this wasn't just one battle or two for each of these, these are many battles. If there is no skill, then how come in the past tournament, irish's team lost in the final battle. His team had all healers and they also had infinite mana with their bard's manasong. Compared that to w0nd3r's team with no bard that could supply them infinite mana and they won.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
The people who paticipated in the plugin Development ( Multi and Phoenix ) and almost everyone who was in Amoria ( Except for poor Etkenn :_: ) actually are in PVP... Myself included. So pretty much everyone who has argued for or against Townships is in PVP. Lets just agree that PVE isn't killing PVP ok?
Also Multitallented and Pheonix_Frenzy had 3 tests to show off the Township plugin, thats a lot more than any other feature I believe I have ever seen. They spent plenty of time testing the plugin, so you can't blame them for pushing it "Too Early"
But in the Test #3, and you can actually look back at the feedback thread of it, there were a lot of people complaining about the turrets. It wasn't too early for sure, but it was definitely not well though out and did not even consider the issues being presented by the people. Just because you are in PvP, doesn't mean you actually are a PvP'er and understand the view from a PvP'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.