• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0 & what ive learned so far.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
My only suggestion would be to continue offering sky to bedrock protection on super-regions. Sky to bedrock protection removes the temptation to abuse the engineer's [lift] ability to enter towns. This pluggin sounds amazing btw. Thank you for your efforts in creating it.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks! I can't wait really.

I would not like to make them sky to bedrock before tier 4. engineer lifts require a receiving sign and eventually will be replaced with township structures anyway. I like giving raiders another potential avenue to get into town. Towns grow, and so do their defenses. Walls are built and rebuilt to encompass more land. Mines should likewise be guarded.

Eventually a town should be able to build enough turrets, walls, and other defenses that normal raiding will be impossible. At that point I want raiders to have to be strategic. I want to see them build outposts, cannons, and other siege equipment. Perhaps short range teleporters (that take 30 minutes to charge up) and can be used to insert hostile raiders into towns randomly. Perhaps mancannons that can launch raiders over walls. The possibilities are endless, but the rule I stick to is this:

Towns should be raidable and destructible. However, it should take more effort to do the destroying that it does to build. That's why war can only be waged between towns and siege cannons can only be built in outposts.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
@Multitallented - in Heroes, PVP combat "trails" so if someone was flagged, they remained flagged until combat wears off. Townships will need to support this

The blocks will be there. The regions will fall off.

In regards to regions "falling" off, I think that if you capture a town, it should become your vassal meaning it can't declare war on you or anyone else, and it also cant decide whether or not to declare peace with someone. The diplomacy is all up to the master town. To get out of a vassal state you should have to pay a fee to get back your freedom by revolution. The whole loosing regions is a bit too drastic in my opinion.

** If someone already suggested this I apologize, but I didn't feel like reading after this point.

In regards to regions "falling" off, I think that if you capture a town, it should become your vassal meaning it can't declare war on you or anyone else, and it also cant decide whether or not to declare peace with someone. The diplomacy is all up to the master town. To get out of a vassal state you should have to pay a fee to get back your freedom by revolution. The whole loosing regions is a bit too drastic in my opinion.

** If someone already suggested this I apologize, but I didn't feel like reading after this point.

when he said the regions will fall off. he was saying, that blocks wont be removed if the township 3.0 plugin is introducted.. the town regions will dissappear.. you took it out of context.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
when he said the regions will fall off. he was saying, that blocks wont be removed if the township 3.0 plugin is introducted.. the town regions will dissappear.. you took it out of context.

No I didn't "take it out of context" I knew what he meant by regions falling off. Im saying that regions should remain, not "fall off" no where did I say that I thought the blocks "fall off".

No I didn't "take it out of context" I knew what he meant by regions falling off. Im saying that regions should remain, not "fall off" no where did I say that I thought the blocks "fall off".

"I'm talking about removing completely. most towns have a lot done, as well as a lot stored. I don't want to plop down a town hall in the middle of my town just to start a new town. And lose all protection I once had. I have spent many hours building my current town. Are you telling me it's all for nothing?"

"The blocks will be there. The regions will fall off."

this is refering to when or if the plugin gets implemented over the township 2.0 plugin. not raiding.
you took it out of context. try again.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
"I'm talking about removing completely. most towns have a lot done, as well as a lot stored. I don't want to plop down a town hall in the middle of my town just to start a new town. And lose all protection I once had. I have spent many hours building my current town. Are you telling me it's all for nothing?"

"The blocks will be there. The regions will fall off."

this is refering to when or if the plugin gets implemented over the township 2.0 plugin. not raiding.
you took it out of context. try again.

According to section 2 article 3 paragraph 2 sentence 4 of the book of "out of context"
"Thou named RShooter2000 no longer gives a shit about this argument, and would like to move on to better more productive things." - Sect. 2 Art. 3 Para. 2 Sent. 4 "Out of Context"