• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0 & what ive learned so far.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
If someone @Multitallented @Kainzo could explain how current towns will transition over to the new system that would be much appreciated.
Will we have to rebuild our structures to count them as the new buildings?
Will we get reimbursed with souls, resources, etc? (because remember towns have dumped an extremely large amount of stuff into their creation all of which will be rendered moot in the coming months)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
If someone @Multitallented @Kainzo could explain how current towns will transition over to the new system that would be much appreciated.
Will we get reimbursed with souls, resources, etc? (because remember towns have dumped an extremely large amount of stuff into their creation all of which will be rendered moot in the coming months)
Also, what about the contents of current town banks?

from where you stand. a tribe extends 18 blocks from you in every direction. making it 37x37x37... 37 tall, 37 wide, 37 long

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe the new Townships stuff will exist in a separate server so that you won't need to get rid of anything. Eventually whenever the next map wipe is much further down the road we will discontinue the old Townships plugin.

Kainzo edit.
- no wipe is planned, intergration is coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
from where you stand. a tribe extends 18 blocks from you in every direction. making it 37x37x37... 37 tall, 37 wide, 37 long
As per feedback from the beta, we'll be increasing all towns by 13 blocks making tribes 50x50x50

EDIT: also, the new /to info tribe menu shows the size of the tribe as well as the number of structures you can build in it.

I believe the new Townships stuff will exist in a separate server so that you won't need to get rid of anything. Eventually whenever the next map wipe is much further down the road we will discontinue the old Townships plugin.

it was my understanding town regions will be wiped. blocks will remain. and partial refunds will be handed out for town owners to rebuild thier towns.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Corrected the above.

At the current stand point we have two options.
1) release the plugin on PVe/PVP and give partial refunds to current towns 2.0
2) convert the FFA map into the Siege map with the township 3.0 code

As per feedback from the beta, we'll be increasing all towns by 13 blocks making tribes 50x50x50

EDIT: also, the new /to info tribe menu shows the size of the tribe as well as the number of structures you can build in it.

should extend the town size by an even number. so its keeps the odd value. so the center is spawned at your feet.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
At the current stand point we have two options.
1) release the plugin on PVe/PVP and give partial refunds to current towns 2.0
2) convert the FFA map into the Siege map with the township 3.0 code
I would say go for option one using the benchmark that current hamlets/towns receive a reimbursement of some sort.

Having a third server option would further splinter the playerbase and as this new system revolves around having good activity and/or lots of participating town members it really wouldn't work to its full potential if it was only on a specific server

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I would say go for option one using the benchmark that current hamlets receive a reimbursement of some sort.

Having a third server option would further splinter the playerbase and as this new system revolves around having good activity and/or lots of participating town members it really wouldn't work to its full potential if it was only on a specific server

I agree with this as well. Additionally several towns across the servers will already integrate nicely with the new plugin with minor changes. perhaps having some people familiar with the new system visit the existing towns to make an assessment of where they would be in correlation to the new system as well as determine which if any buildings would not transition smoothly. I've offered to do this for @w0nd3rb0y already and I am willing to do it for others as well if need be.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9

Please keep the smaller town sizes small. Limited space provides incentive to upgrade. Look at what we have currently - the great majority have remained hamlet size because the space wasn't restrictive enough, imho.

Granted the new towns aren't bedrock to sky limit, but I question whether a box 100 blocks wide and deep might be a bit generous for the smallest township size.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I agree strongly. Activity between the servers could really do with being reviewed with the aim of enhancing how they provide an integrated experience for players. We need a clearer focus on what the Herocraft experience offers players.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Please keep the smaller town sizes small. Limited space provides incentive to upgrade. Look at what we have currently - the great majority have remained hamlet size because the space wasn't restrictive enough, imho.

Granted the new towns aren't bedrock to sky limit, but I question whether a box 100 blocks wide and deep might be a bit generous for the smallest township size.

Tribes were already really cramped feeling. Houses were touching each other and we still couldn't build the max structures we wanted. We certainly didn't have room for a wall. But, yes I agree completely. That's why I started small at first

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Tribes were already really cramped feeling. Houses were touching each other and we still couldn't build the max structures we wanted. We certainly didn't have room for a wall. But, yes I agree completely. That's why I started small at first
As it should! Tribes aren't advanced enough for fortifications :p