• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0 & what ive learned so far.

This plugin is in BETA so almost anything is subject to change at any time.

GETTING STARTED.

to start a town first you will need to build a town hall (also called a council room)

Type '/to shop' to open the town schematic shop menu. here is where you will buy all the recipes for everything in town.

the 'councilroom' is under the 'town-infrastructure' category.
it costs 500 souls to learn how to build it.
it is a 11x11x11 structure. when you make a chest will be placed at your feet and 5 blocks from every direction of that chest is the region of the 'councilroom'

to build it you first need to place:

-12 glass blocks (clear or stained) -OR- 12 glass panes (clear or stained)

AND

-2 wool -OR- carpet (color isnt specified in the menu. its assumed to be white.

AND

-192 wood (oak plants) -OR- 192 logs (oak logs) -OR- 192 stone (smooth stone) -OR- 192 sand -OR- 192 clay (type is unspecifed, assumed normal, unstained clay) -OR- 192 wool (assumed white) -OR- 188 Glass Blocks -OR- 192 netherrack

AND

-32 log (oak log) -OR- 32 stone brick -OR- 32 sandstone -OR- 32 clay brick block

AND

-2 wooden door

AND

-4 chest blocks

AND

-12 signs

AND

-3 cobblestone stairs -OR- 3 wood stairs (assumed oak) -OR- 3 ladder -OR- 3 netherbrick stairs

AND

-8 Bookshelves

-----
it will cost 250 souls to create this region. type '/to info councilroom' then click the build icon while standing in the center of the region. (11x11x11)

after it is build 'reagents' to run the region will need to be placed into the chest created in the center. in this case. 10 redstone dust.
these items wont be consumed.

there is no upkeep for this region (items consumed daily)

councilroom does cost 90 souls daily to run.

CREATING YOUR TOWN.

you have to buy the first town size from the /to shop menu

its called tribe. costs 800 souls to learn. and 400 souls to build.

tribes are 50x50x50. and when created the 'councilroom' region must be inside this area.
tribes consume 50souls daily out of the town bank.

TOWN SIZES AND COSTS:

• --TRIBE
    • -50 x 50 x 50
    • -800s to learn
    • -400s to build
    • -1-7 population
  • --HAMLET
    • -
    • -500s to learn
    • -1500s to build
    • -5-16 population
  • --VILLAGE
    • -
    • -850s to learn
    • -2500s to build
    • -10-40 population
  • --TOWN
    • -
    • -1000s to learn
    • -3000s to build
    • -16-60 population
  • --CITY
    • -
    • -2000s to learn
    • -4000s to build
    • -32-96 population

Last edited:
BUILDING HOUSES FOR YOUR TOWN!

there are 9 total housing options available for township 3.0

the first, costs nothing to learn. and 50souls to build. this is a shelter. and is NOT considered a home in the township plugin.
this is for solo players. or small bases away from town. its protected region is 7x7x7

the smallest official home is a shack
size: 7x7x7
cost to learn : unknown
cost to build : 100 souls
effects to town: max population +1 --- power -1
generates: 20 souls daily (as long as upkeep is supplied)

upkeep:(upkeep is used daily. and turned into souls. which are given to the owner of the region.) if there are more than one owner its the owner that appears when '/to whatshere' is typed.

64 carrots -OR- 12 cooked chicken -OR- 12 apples -OR- 32 cooked potatoes

items required in region before it can be made a shack.
-1 wooden door
-1 chest
-1 furnace
-2 bed block (1 bed)
-1 workbench
-1 sign
-2 fence -OR- 2 glass block -OR- 2 nether fence -OR- 2 glass pane (glass block and panes can be stained)

- 8 log -OR- 8 stone brick -OR- 8 sandstone -OR- 8 clay brick -OR- 8 Snowblock

-16 wood -OR- 16 cobblestone -OR- 16 smooth stone -OR- 16 gravel -OR- 16 clay (any type) -OR-16 wool -OR- 16 packed ice

5 houses and 1 hall is required to upgrade town to Hamlet.

10 houses and 1 hall and 1 farm is required to upgrade from hamlet to village

to upgrade from village to town. you need to have
2 factories.
1 temphousing (not sure what this is.)
1 structureofpower (structure that generates power)
1 hall
2 farm
1 hospital
16 homes

to upgrade from town to city (largest region)
2 factory
1 temphousing
2 structureofpower
1 hall
2 farm
1 hospital
2quarry
32 homes

maximum number of structures based on town size isnt currently listed. expect there to be limits in the near future.

UPGRADING YOUR HOUSES.

using the command '/to info home'

replace home with region type, like shack, house, chalet, chalet1, chalet2, manor, manor1, manor2, mansion, mansion1, mansion2, villa, villa1, villa2, estate, or estate1

will bring up the menu of that region. and what is required to be inside the region to upgrade.

some regions can be rebuilt '/to rebuild newregion'
some can be bought from the 'to shop' menu
and some have to 'evolve'

for example chalet has to collect upkeep 7 times to evolve and become chalet1

evolving usually decreases the power used, and increase revenue generated.

some building requires you to obtain certain professions to be able to build it

Farmer:
-soulgrinder -- doesnt exist yet.
-grocer -- increases power by 1 every 2 hours. prevents hunger (stamina) loss in towns

Miner:
-soulgemcutter -- refine soul gems so they can be sold at a jeweler uses lapis lazuli as upkeep
-goldmine -- only be build in a village or bigger town. makes 12 gold an hour. lowers power by 1 must be underground. uses iron pickaxes as upkeep.
-redstonemine -- only be build in a village or bigger town. makes 24 redstone an hour. lowers power by 1 must be underground. uses iron pickaxes as upkeep.

Alchemist:
-soulchemist -- doesnt exist yet.
-tavern -- generates 1 power an hour.

RuneSmith:
-soulbinder -- doesnt exist yet.
-courthouse -- generate 1 power an hour.

Engineer:
-soulworks -- turns soul wire into soul source. uses redstone as upkeep.
-metalworks -- sells 10 soul source for 100 souls. uses redstone blocks as upkeep

Enchanter:
-soulbinder -- doesnt exist yet.
-library -- generates 1 power an hour.

Smith:
-soulforge-- doesnt exist yet.
-armory -- generates 1 power an hour.

commands for adding members to your home.

stand in the region

/to addmember {user} -- adds member
/to addowner {user} -- adds owner (you keep ownership and rent income)
/to setowner {user} -- gives player full ownership of the house. they collect rent

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
You can kill someone but then they can run into a no pvp zone in their town and they go straight into not being in combat so it is near impossible to kill someone in a township.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
yes you can remove buildings to refit or upgrade. there is currently disccusions around how much it should refund as well.
I'm talking about removing completely. most towns have a lot done, as well as a lot stored. I don't want to plop down a town hall in the middle of my town just to start a new town. And lose all protection I once had. I have spent many hours building my current town. Are you telling me it's all for nothing?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You can kill someone but then they can run into a no pvp zone in their town and they go straight into not being in combat so it is near impossible to kill someone in a township.
@Multitallented - in Heroes, PVP combat "trails" so if someone was flagged, they remained flagged until combat wears off. Townships will need to support this
I'm talking about removing completely. most towns have a lot done, as well as a lot stored. I don't want to plop down a town hall in the middle of my town just to start a new town. And lose all protection I once had. I have spent many hours building my current town. Are you telling me it's all for nothing?
The blocks will be there. The regions will fall off.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
@Multitallented - in Heroes, PVP combat "trails" so if someone was flagged, they remained flagged until combat wears off. Townships will need to support this

The blocks will be there. The regions will fall off.
I understand this, but with it so does the protection. So now I must move everything in town to a safe location? Not to mention my build not protected from grief, or from being claimed by someone else. So, although the blocks remain. I may in fact lose everything regardless.

Also, with this, although I have the smallest town now, the current "hamlet" is much more massive than "village"

On top of that. If I want to keep my current town, I must build these buildings in the middle of my current build (terrible) or tear down what I have and replace with these new buildings (terrible). So explain why we want this?

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I understand this, but with it so does the protection. So now I must move everything in town to a safe location? Not to mention my build not protected from grief, or from being claimed by someone else. So, although the blocks remain. I may in fact lose everything regardless.

Also, with this, although I have the smallest town now, the current "hamlet" is much more massive than "village"

On top of that. If I want to keep my current town, I must build these buildings in the middle of my current build (terrible) or tear down what I have and replace with these new buildings (terrible). So explain why we want this?
If you would like I can come to your town and let you know if any buildings will not qualify. Most should as long as they went just a pile of cobble blocks. Worst case scenario you have to add a few beds, signs, and maybe a furnace or craft table to make a building qualify. As far as new thing you need to build, they will earn your town souls for income. Not a bad trade off if you ask me

**edit** after reading through it I may not have been clear. Many existing buildings should meet the requirements put forth in townships 3.0 to qualify to be transferred into the new system as new buildings with only minor changes if any

Last edited: