• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] New Townships Code for Discussion

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No, I understand. Whether you have a personal bank or a town bank does not change what I said. If we use HS, then the town item bank would be a physical location built by the town owners. It would function the exact same way besides that.
Ah ok I guess I'm miss understanding what this was then I thought you were adding features to our plugin but reading back on the OP I feel pretty stupid right now xD

But yea everything I've posted so far are things that just irk me about the current plugin :p

Last edited:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
No, you don't miss understand. We have yet to discuss whether we'll use HS or HT as the code base. You've helped me understand HT a little better too.

JORIZQUI

ICE ICE ICE!
I find it really interesting what is beeing discussed here.

On the new plugin stuff, I'd rather wait and see before making up my mind. I don't like to form an opinion on speculations.

On the things that should change, would be nice if they were changed about towns, I'd like tho say the following:

Township upgrade is with all due respect absurd the way it is. With the system as it works now, a group of people could get to capital with a dirtshack for a town. They just need the player resources to hoard souls and the random materials on the upgrade lists and they are good to go.

I am the SIC of Flavia this map, and was the Chief Architect of Drakenvale last map. Anyone of you who has been to either town has a pretty good idea what I and those who share my point of view consider a proper town should look like. The most important thing is for a town to look alive, it needs buildings, it needs some kind of central structure like a keep, it needs houses, it needs profession buildings, it needs shops, town plazas, streets, in PVP it should need walls (Although with current mechanics nice looking walls for a Hamlet are pretty much useless as protection against raiders), to summarize, it needs to make sense. Town life should happen at least some times on the surface of the town, not inside the gigantic undercitys every town has, this is something Me and the other architects and builders of DV and Flavia have pushed towards in our towns, we have made surface housing although housing citizens in the UC was always the secure and easy choice. Now with the TNT update we have given up on that goal and retreated into the UC as anything on the surface is now completely vulnerable despite regions. Please note, I am not complaining about it, I am just stating the fact that we had to let go of something we believe to be in the interest of nicer towns, we are still happy to get a chance to focus on our Dwarven style for the UC.

Township upgrades could force towns to build nicely even if it was only for show, if they were not only about gathering materials. Building a wall in PVP could be a requirement, so could having streets, houses, shops, farms. It would just require an admin, or another new staff position to check it before garanting the upgrade, it's not like every hour a town wants to upgrade.

The plot system Kainzo mentions (plot with perms for only it's owner and not other citizens) would have it's benefits in preventing town theft, wich is a concern for towns since it ceased to be a banable offense, since we town staff don't have the means to check logs on chests/blocks to find the perpetrators and banish them. We have tried something similar in Flavia with subregions, but we quickly found out they run out pretty fast. The problem with it though, is that it encourages the boring succession of identicall plots in a row/square with different looking buildings other servers pass for "towns". It basically creates the less than ideal effect spawnplots create: a bunch of constructions whithout a common style, or even without a similar degree of quality, you end up getting a nice victorian mansion and next to it a blue glass square with lava corners with the style of the steets and wall beeing medieval.

In relation to that new mechanic of designated buildings (graveyard, smith) I like the idea of having related material/item requirements, but I believe it should remain realistic. There could be stages of smiths for example, where the town can for little cost have a low producing smith, and for more cost a more efficient smith. Also this buildings could be somehow related to professions, for instance requiring a town to have a smith to be able to request a smith building, and maybe a master smith for the final upgrade for it (just letting my imagination dream up stuff at this point). As for the actual buildings, they should definitely be built by the players, and afterwards the mechanic for it to produce something requested.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Finally the type of town talk I have been longing to hear on HC. I shall comment further later, as I have more time.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Hello, I am a volunteer developer working on a potential overhaul of towns. For those of you that don't know me, feel free to check out my work on dev.bukkit.org.

We are thinking of expanding on the HeroStronghold plugin to let players create war machines, hospitals, graveyards, factories, mines, farms, houses, teleporters, shrines, and many other structures that help make money, items, and nations. Personally I hope that by doing this, we can create communities that live, build, and war together in PvP and PvE environments like never before.

We're in the design stages of this overhaul and we're looking for your thoughts. What do you want to see happen to towns? What is the perfect town and what do the members do in this town?
I can see this being a great idea :D ( OMG Teleporters will be awesome... )

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Hello, I am a volunteer developer working on a potential overhaul of towns. For those of you that don't know me, feel free to check out my work on dev.bukkit.org.

We are thinking of expanding on the HeroStronghold plugin to let players create war machines, hospitals, graveyards, factories, mines, farms, houses, teleporters, shrines, and many other structures that help make money, items, and nations. Personally I hope that by doing this, we can create communities that live, build, and war together in PvP and PvE environments like never before.

We're in the design stages of this overhaul and we're looking for your thoughts. What do you want to see happen to towns? What is the perfect town and what do the members do in this town?

The nostalgia, this thread is making me feel old! Anyway, for specific regions here's a little list of ones that I can think of currently;

+ Turrets. This could come in the form as damaging, mana drain, stamina drain ect with different regens for the desired effect. (The possibilities are endless, each professions could have turrets that produce different effects)
+ Jump pads. I'm taking like 20 block launches that applies a no fall damage for x amount of time (could be added to engineer)
+ buildings that increase regen rates, this would include stamina and mana (just like hospitals with HP).
+ Totems. These totems would require certain regents (depends highly on the effect it gives/ produces) to work to give a desired effect for x amount of time. This may come in the form of attribute boosts to overall HP/ Mana/ stamina increases. Also, make it so the desired effect only applies to listed town members as well as being within x amount of blocks (more of a town defensive buff than anything)
+ Bring back those loud as f*** siege cannons! Please!
+ Automation! I'm not sure on what degree you want to automate these regions but I'd love to see those cart systems brought back (even though I could never set one of those stupid things up) or another form of transportation for items.
+ make it so certain regions could be shut down. This could come in the form of raiders removing the region specific regent to a raider plundering a rail cart track stopping the delivery of regens to regions.

My overall reason to why I've made these suggestions is to have it so towns feel like mini Fort knox's. As it is now, a raid is basically you get a big group of players and you run in spamming your binds and right click. I'd really prefer to have it so raiders have to make a plan before hand such as disabling certain regions (town defences, hospitals, mana batteries ect) to cause the town to 'lock down' while the other half of the raiding party starts up the siege cannons. (Could give classes a more defined role within raids too, rogues to sneak in and disable regions while you have the heavy brutes and tanks defending the siege machines)

Edit 1;

Also, id love to see team play more encouraged within towns them self. Maybe have a tiered sub-region system in place. Example;

For a smith to create a tier 2 sub-region called a "smiths repair station". There has to be x amount of tier one sub-regions already within the super region. The items these sub regions produce would then be directly fed into the allocated higher tier'd region (or something down those lines). So, for this smiths repair station region (amazing name I know) it would require the following sub-regions;

+ coal mine (produced by miner)
+ iron mine (produced by miner)
+ mana battery (produced by runesmith/ enchanter) OR red power battery (produced by engineer)

Ps: I'd also like to see different tier'd turrets and totems. Arrows ---> fireballs ---> darkbolts ect!

Edit 2;

I'm currently writing a quite lengthy document of where the possible direction of turrets may go. I'm not going to lie, it's going to be painful to read (to some as it's already 800 words long I think) but it should cover everything I'd really like to see with turrets. I'll make a separate thread regarding it and I'll "@" all applicable. Soon after that's all done, I'll look into making a more defined definition of "totems" (did touch a bit in turrets).

Last edited:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I love those ideas. Especially the ones about raiding and urban planning. I hope that we'll be able to do something like that very soon

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
I find it really interesting what is beeing discussed here.

On the new plugin stuff, I'd rather wait and see before making up my mind. I don't like to form an opinion on speculations.

On the things that should change, would be nice if they were changed about towns, I'd like tho say the following:

Township upgrade is with all due respect absurd the way it is. With the system as it works now, a group of people could get to capital with a dirtshack for a town. They just need the player resources to hoard souls and the random materials on the upgrade lists and they are good to go.

I am the SIC of Flavia this map, and was the Chief Architect of Drakenvale last map. Anyone of you who has been to either town has a pretty good idea what I and those who share my point of view consider a proper town should look like. The most important thing is for a town to look alive, it needs buildings, it needs some kind of central structure like a keep, it needs houses, it needs profession buildings, it needs shops, town plazas, streets, in PVP it should need walls (Although with current mechanics nice looking walls for a Hamlet are pretty much useless as protection against raiders), to summarize, it needs to make sense. Town life should happen at least some times on the surface of the town, not inside the gigantic undercitys every town has, this is something Me and the other architects and builders of DV and Flavia have pushed towards in our towns, we have made surface housing although housing citizens in the UC was always the secure and easy choice. Now with the TNT update we have given up on that goal and retreated into the UC as anything on the surface is now completely vulnerable despite regions. Please note, I am not complaining about it, I am just stating the fact that we had to let go of something we believe to be in the interest of nicer towns, we are still happy to get a chance to focus on our Dwarven style for the UC.

Township upgrades could force towns to build nicely even if it was only for show, if they were not only about gathering materials. Building a wall in PVP could be a requirement, so could having streets, houses, shops, farms. It would just require an admin, or another new staff position to check it before garanting the upgrade, it's not like every hour a town wants to upgrade.

The plot system Kainzo mentions (plot with perms for only it's owner and not other citizens) would have it's benefits in preventing town theft, wich is a concern for towns since it ceased to be a banable offense, since we town staff don't have the means to check logs on chests/blocks to find the perpetrators and banish them. We have tried something similar in Flavia with subregions, but we quickly found out they run out pretty fast. The problem with it though, is that it encourages the boring succession of identicall plots in a row/square with different looking buildings other servers pass for "towns". It basically creates the less than ideal effect spawnplots create: a bunch of constructions whithout a common style, or even without a similar degree of quality, you end up getting a nice victorian mansion and next to it a blue glass square with lava corners with the style of the steets and wall beeing medieval.

In relation to that new mechanic of designated buildings (graveyard, smith) I like the idea of having related material/item requirements, but I believe it should remain realistic. There could be stages of smiths for example, where the town can for little cost have a low producing smith, and for more cost a more efficient smith. Also this buildings could be somehow related to professions, for instance requiring a town to have a smith to be able to request a smith building, and maybe a master smith for the final upgrade for it (just letting my imagination dream up stuff at this point). As for the actual buildings, they should definitely be built by the players, and afterwards the mechanic for it to produce something requested.
If we ever want to see a resurgence of towns that are actually nice to look at, this type of thing has to happen. I've started to notice a decline in the beauty of towns ever since Zeal when the heroes plugin was first introduced, due to people being more focused on leveling and pvp. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just that there isn't really any motivation to build nice looking structures, and it is more functional to just dig a big hole and use it to hide your stuff from the people who would steal it otherwise.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Finally have been able to read most of this..

I must say that I miss when towns used to look like actual towns. I had suggested reintroducing it some time ago. You can read up on my thoughts here: http://herocraftonline.com/main/thr...ents-reintroduce-building-requirements.40450/

I would still love to see this come in as well: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/hero-towns-physical-town-bank.27775/

Though a lot of the things being suggested is going to make this a lot like another certain plugin...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
If we ever want to see a resurgence of towns that are actually nice to look at, this type of thing has to happen. I've started to notice a decline in the beauty of towns ever since Zeal when the heroes plugin was first introduced, due to people being more focused on leveling and pvp. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just that there isn't really any motivation to build nice looking structures, and it is more functional to just dig a big hole and use it to hide your stuff from the people who would steal it otherwise.

If you want to cut out all the reading, skip to the last paragraph that is underlined. It should cover the basics, but I do recommend reading it all (it's a pain I know).

My only problem with this while suggestion is that if you were to implement this, it would kinda force the players to adapt a building style they may not like or even suit them at all (could even be game breaking to some players). As it is, different building require certain blocks to be within a certain radius of the region chest. There is no way to stop a player gathering all the blocks needed for that region and compacting them into a cube to just gain the regents/ benifits of that region. It's down to how the person creating the region wants It to be made.

Some may see this as a huge design flaw within how the system operates as it could lead to some "ugly" towns/ buildings but on the other hand. It could form huge power houses of towns creating a ridiculous amount of materials but why not allow players to do this? Talking openly, there are two types of players. The creative player and the player who just wants action. Normally, the creative guys/ gals will take a lot more pride within how their build looks while the action people want to burn those creations down and spent their time pvping or killing mobs rather than building.

The creative players (I'd like to think I am one too) will create these beautiful vast villages. Other than looking good, it has a bit of functionality giving the residents materials as well as protection (to an extent). But, this is where the catch comes in. Do you as the creative player go for pure aesthetics above ground or do you build an underground city that has natural protection as well as a lot of functionality, then build a aesthetically pleasing city above ground (for show).

From my past experience using hero stronghold, looks doesn't save your ass when the raiders come knocking (arrow turrets do). The first town I created was an underground city based within 3 or 4 decent sized ravines. I must of spent a good 2 weeks setting it all up until I grasped how to set up sub-regions. More specifically, miner sub regions. These came in the form of coal mines, iron mines ect. So, after having a mess with the regions, my new found town has now got functionality producing me a reasonable amount of resources as I carried on building (I was going for a very tight, dwarf feel with little paths everywhere but the sub regions did change my build style slightly).

However, me still being a newb didn't think about town defences as well as actually having a functional layout (honestly my town was like an underground favela with sub regions and houses everywhere, amazing to get lost in). So, shorty after I started feeling comfy and proud of my build, raiders came knocking. To cut the sob story short, every sub region was pivilaged and my town ended up becoming a crater.

This hit me hard as I did invest a lot of time as well as resources in setting up the functional side of my town as well as my aesthetically pleasing side (I only got raided because someone took advantage of a bug with wards at the time :( ). This is where I made my mistake. I tried to combine both aesthetically pleasing as well as functionality within the same builds (as well as not setting up any defences at all).

All in all, players will still continue to have very different opinions on how certain things should playout. I am very biased to the aesthetically pleasing side but no matter what. You should not force players to the point where they have to produce a "nice" looking town to gain the benifits of hero stronghold as well as develop as a town. Not everyone has the time nor skill to build nice looking builds. Enforcing such a rule would negatively impact the player base.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Finally have been able to read most of this..

I must say that I miss when towns used to look like actual towns. I had suggested reintroducing it some time ago. You can read up on my thoughts here: http://herocraftonline.com/main/thr...ents-reintroduce-building-requirements.40450/

I would still love to see this come in as well: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/hero-towns-physical-town-bank.27775/

Though a lot of the things being suggested is going to make this a lot like another certain plugin...

Regarding that certain structures will be automatically spawned once the material requirement is met is a very bad idea in my opinion. Taking away the creativity of players will cause very generic towns being formed throughout the server. And I personally don't want to see the same pre-made towns everywhere I go as that cuts out the creative side of minecraft completely.

However, as it is currently (from what I remember) to create a specific region such as a town hall. Certain material requirements need to be met within a set area. This is already a rough outline set though hero strong hold of what materials are expected. From this point on, it is down to the player creating this region to include these materials and what ever else they want within it. Now, there's two ways the player can go about this. They can;

1.) produce a structure only using the materials needed going with the intended build style

OR

2.) create a compacted cube of all materials needed for that region below ground, then build what they see as a town hall on top of that cube

Personally, I always went for the first option. This sometimes left me with an odd looking town or even left me in a creative daze not knowing how I should use the required materials. Looking back at it, the second option would if been the best option as I would have produced the region I wanted to make as well as giving me ALOT more freedom of what materials I want to use (would fit into my more personal build style).

Now, the second suggestion about the town bank. I'm not fully sold on the idea. Don't get me wrong it is a great idea full of potential but for me to be happy with it. I'd prefer it so;

+ a specific region is created for it to store all these materials (that's a shit ton of chests!)
+ give raiders the ability to take form these chests but have it so the mayor can toggle perms on whether town members can take from these chests

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
If you want to cut out all the reading, skip to the last paragraph that is underlined. It should cover the basics, but I do recommend reading it all (it's a pain I know).

My only problem with this while suggestion is that if you were to implement this, it would kinda force the players to adapt a building style they may not like or even suit them at all (could even be game breaking to some players). As it is, different building require certain blocks to be within a certain radius of the region chest. There is no way to stop a player gathering all the blocks needed for that region and compacting them into a cube to just gain the regents/ benifits of that region. It's down to how the person creating the region wants It to be made.

Some may see this as a huge design flaw within how the system operates as it could lead to some "ugly" towns/ buildings but on the other hand. It could form huge power houses of towns creating a ridiculous amount of materials but why not allow players to do this? Talking openly, there are two types of players. The creative player and the player who just wants action. Normally, the creative guys/ gals will take a lot more pride within how their build looks while the action people want to burn those creations down and spent their time pvping or killing mobs rather than building.

The creative players (I'd like to think I am one too) will create these beautiful vast villages. Other than looking good, it has a bit of functionality giving the residents materials as well as protection (to an extent). But, this is where the catch comes in. Do you as the creative player go for pure aesthetics above ground or do you build an underground city that has natural protection as well as a lot of functionality, then build a aesthetically pleasing city above ground (for show).

From my past experience using hero stronghold, looks doesn't save your ass when the raiders come knocking (arrow turrets do). The first town I created was an underground city based within 3 or 4 decent sized ravines. I must of spent a good 2 weeks setting it all up until I grasped how to set up sub-regions. More specifically, miner sub regions. These came in the form of coal mines, iron mines ect. So, after having a mess with the regions, my new found town has now got functionality producing me a reasonable amount of resources as I carried on building (I was going for a very tight, dwarf feel with little paths everywhere but the sub regions did change my build style slightly).

However, me still being a newb didn't think about town defences as well as actually having a functional layout (honestly my town was like an underground favela with sub regions and houses everywhere, amazing to get lost in). So, shorty after I started feeling comfy and proud of my build, raiders came knocking. To cut the sob story short, every sub region was pivilaged and my town ended up becoming a crater.

This hit me hard as I did invest a lot of time as well as resources in setting up the functional side of my town as well as my aesthetically pleasing side (I only got raided because someone took advantage of a bug with wards at the time :( ). This is where I made my mistake. I tried to combine both aesthetically pleasing as well as functionality within the same builds (as well as not setting up any defences at all).

All in all, players will still continue to have very different opinions on how certain things should playout. I am very biased to the aesthetically pleasing side but no matter what. You should not force players to the point where they have to produce a "nice" looking town to gain the benifits of hero stronghold as well as develop as a town. Not everyone has the time nor skill to build nice looking builds. Enforcing such a rule would negatively impact the player base.
As it stands right now, the current plugin forces players to gather a large number of random materials to create a town region, rather than actually building a town to earn the region. Changing the plugin to call for certain structures to be built in place of gathering these materials doesn't force players to build "nice" structures, it forces them to build something as opposed to just spending their time gathering mats to create an empty region.

From what I have seen in this map and the past maps I've played on, there is an early surge of activity to gather materials to create a town region, and then once it's created, everyone just quits on it. It ends up being a giant regioned field/hole as I mentioned before, instead of things actually being built in it. With a hero stronghold type system that requires structures, towns will actually have some substance to them. If players have the time to gather the required materials to create a town, I'd think they would certainly have the time to build a town instead.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
As it stands right now, the current plugin forces players to gather a large number of random materials to create a town region, rather than actually building a town to earn the region. Changing the plugin to call for certain structures to be built in place of gathering these materials doesn't force players to build "nice" structures, it forces them to build something as opposed to just spending their time gathering mats to create an empty region.

From what I have seen in this map and the past maps I've played on, there is an early surge of activity to gather materials to create a town region, and then once it's created, everyone just quits on it. It ends up being a giant regioned field/hole as I mentioned before, instead of things actually being built in it. With a hero stronghold type system that requires structures, towns will actually have some substance to them. If players have the time to gather the required materials to create a town, I'd think they would certainly have the time to build a town instead.

I think we've had a mis-understanding then judging from you're reply! I thought you was leaning more to "towns must look like towns, these types of buildings should look like this. If the build style doesn't meet this, they shouldn't be able to create a town" ect ect. But yes, hero strong hold does address the whole problem I think you're trying to outline then with the current "town" system being a vast protected region of emptiness.

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
I think we've had a mis-understanding then judging from you're reply! I thought you was leaning more to "towns must look like towns, these types of buildings should look like this. If the build style doesn't meet this, they shouldn't be able to create a town" ect ect. But yes, hero strong hold does address the whole problem I think you're trying to outline then with the current "town" system being a vast protected region of emptiness.
Exactly, my hope is that if towns require certain structures, people will work more towards making them look nice.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@Beau_Nearh HS now can require that you use one block or another (ex: thin glass or glass blocks) to build structures. It can now also tell which damage values are used for these blocks. Hopefully with these new measures I can design better regions that do not limit you in creativity. The point of requiring certain blocks at all is so that an experienced player can look at a building and say "that's a house" or "that's a siege machine". You can still bury required blocks under the floor boards, but you won't need to. As for the people who dump all of the blocks in a pile and call it a house, those people won't have nice looking towns. Towns require members and taxes from them in order to grow. I understand there are the extremes but if we really want every town to look good, then we can levy fines on those who dump their blocks in a pile

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@Kainzo I haven't discussed this with anyone yet, but here's how I suggest town war and raiding would happen:

Spies and raiders should be able to kill towns people in the streets and steal from unprotected chests. The less expensive houses can be raided if the owners don't put blocks on top of their chests. Farms, mines, and factories would likewise be vulnerable. Raiders could also disrupt and loot from storage minecarts that travel between regions automatically. If the town puts up a wall that can't be scaled, then raiders will need an inside man to get them in.

If a town wants to go to war, then they can declare war for a price. The victim town can sue for peace for a price. This process can repeat itself if in a war of economy, but isn't necessary to destroy a town. Being at war gives you the benefit of reducing a town's power by killing it's members. If you are unable to maintain a war status due to money, then you can still siege a town. To do that you would need to build an outpost within range of the town. This outpost would have to be defended while siege machines launch TNT at the town to reduce its power. This could take days or weeks depending on the town size.

When a town's power or bank drops to zero the town would not be destroyed. At the next prime time (probably 6pm PST 9pm EST) the town would lose its protections against block destruction. Individual structures would still retain their own protections. Most of these structures can be destroyed by TNT, but some layers of protections can be set up that would also need to be sieged to have their power brought to zero. The town itself can only be destroyed if the town hall is destroyed. Regions could be set up to claim unclaimed sections of towns for a high price.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
@Beau_Nearh HS now can require that you use one block or another (ex: thin glass or glass blocks) to build structures. It can now also tell which damage values are used for these blocks. Hopefully with these new measures I can design better regions that do not limit you in creativity. The point of requiring certain blocks at all is so that an experienced player can look at a building and say "that's a house" or "that's a siege machine". You can still bury required blocks under the floor boards, but you won't need to. As for the people who dump all of the blocks in a pile and call it a house, those people won't have nice looking towns. Towns require members and taxes from them in order to grow. I understand there are the extremes but if we really want every town to look good, then we can levy fines on those who dump their blocks in a pile

Oh okay, just wondering will you be leaning to the specific biomes for specific classes again? Eg; woodcutter in jungle, miner in extreme hills ect? Also, I'm currently making a draft of what depth turrets can be taken too (it's a huge document so far, wouldn't surprise me if it went past 1000 words). I'll make a separate thread for it and tag you in as I'm not sure when I'll finish it. :)

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Again, I haven't discussed it with anyone, but we can definitely do biome specific stuff. I was thinking that farms and sell-to-server shops can be biome specific. Towns could require that you have farms, but not be specific as to which ones. Also towns would have land management choices between using farms/factories or houses. Also, houses could transform town power into town money so that farms and/or power generating structures would have to be made to offset the costs.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Again, I haven't discussed it with anyone, but we can definitely do biome specific stuff. I was thinking that farms and sell-to-server shops can be biome specific. Towns could require that you have farms, but not be specific as to which ones. Also towns would have land management choices between using farms/factories or houses. Also, houses could transform town power into town money so that farms and/or power generating structures would have to be made to offset the costs.

Sounds amazing! I was thinking about introducing a power grid system into the use of turrets. I'm going to make a new thread explaining it all now, I should have covered most points I'm trying to get across excluding damage values as that's dependant on balance.