• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township 3.0 rework ideas

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Could we get some clarification and consistency on Tax and Soul Shop consumption times? It's been AROUND 12 CST the past week. Some nights it comes early, some nights it comes later. Is there a reason it's random, or is this a mistake? @Alator
It's set on a tick count, not a solid time. Sometimes it fires at 12:30, sometime 3:40 depending on how slow the server is running that day.

With Townships 2.0 we could find out a town's location using /town info. I was always a bit uneasy about that, but I could see the benefits too.

What does everyone else think? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing to have /to who [town] show the town's coordinates?

In any case, @Alator would it be possible to have /to who [town] at least identify whether it is a Northern or Southern continent town?
/to who shows the town coordinates only if you are a member of the town.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
@Alator would a town-specific in game permissions system be possible? Like I mentioned previously in the thread.
Buried Deep into the Townships Wiki there is a command that allows for you to grant specific permisions inside a township. By default if you are just a member of the town all of these are toggled off, so add them as needed

"/to toggleperm [player] [permission] [town name]
Toggles permissions for players in your town. Can be used by owners.
Permissions list can be seen in game by typing "/to listallperms".
Permissions include:
  • [structure type] - allows that player to build that structure in town .i.e "shack"
  • addmember - allows that player to add players to the town
  • taxes - allows that player to be exempt from paying taxes.
  • title:<inserttitlehere> - sets that player's title in town chat.
  • withdraw - allows the player to withdraw from the town bank."
Hope this helps! :D And Remember kids! The Wiki is awesome o_o

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
Buried Deep into the Townships Wiki there is a command that allows for you to grant specific permisions inside a township. By default if you are just a member of the town all of these are toggled off, so add them as needed

Permissions include:
  • [structure type] - allows that player to build that structure in town .i.e "shack"
Yeah this is nice, but it would also be nice if there was a way to make standard groups rather than allocating permissions for each member individually

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
With Townships 2.0 we could find out a town's location using /town info. I was always a bit uneasy about that, but I could see the benefits too.

What does everyone else think? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing to have /to who [town] show the town's coordinates?

In any case, @Alator would it be possible to have /to who [town] at least identify whether it is a Northern or Southern continent town?

/town who <town> already shows the coordinates, but only for members of that town. I don't find that this data should go public imo and that towns should be found on the old classic way instead, by using tracks. I see this as more challenging and realistic, but it's just my opinion...

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3

Permissions include:
Went ahead and tried using these. It's lacking things such as the ability to toggle editing house plots and subregions. If we could have that, it'd be great.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
Suggestion: Make townships actually tick so we can sell our stored up soulshard items and get taxes/lose taxes/get pay outs from the housing and generally make use of these things we've invested tens of thousands of souls into.