• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Towns, Wars, and more.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The admins should go trough every town and look for creativity, activity and structure. That's what I think is most fair, but there may be better solutions.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The admins should go trough every town and look for creativity, activity and structure. That's what I think is most fair, but there may be better solutions.
Activity/Member count is what I see being the main focus. There aren't many towns that have the active player count required for their town.

aceshooter11

Portal
The alliance for progress is not what we need we need a real controlled system not player controlled

This is discussion for real rules not players harassing new towns
please re-frame from linking your thread anymore on my thread

malmenca

Diamond
The alliance for progress is not what we need we need a real controlled system not player controlled

The Alliance for Progress Impediment*

And maybe we do need a player controlled system. Back on Zeal it was made clear to any of the REAL TC that any new towns were to be attacked and raided to ensure less town growth. I'm sure others did the same, and it seems there were less towns and more larger groups on Zeal.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

This is discussion for real rules not players harassing new towns
please re-frame from linking your thread anymore on my thread

We can't depend 100% on the player base, yet again we can't depend 100% on the system! ;)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

There definitely are better solutions.

There has to be a line between admin/rule enforced, and player enforced.

If a bunch of people dislike a town they can band together and do something about it. Does it mean they deserve admin/rule enforced destruction/region removal? No.

Pay your taxes, keep your region. It should be up to the players to stop a town from doing just that. You can't just vote everyday to pay taxes, unless you stay a hamlet forever of course. People have to trade and mine gold, and it's not like you can't [TRACK] people. People just need to be more creative!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Pay your taxes, keep your region. It should be up to the players to stop a town from doing just that. You can't just vote everyday to pay taxes, unless you stay a hamlet forever of course. People have to trade and mine gold, and it's not like you can't [TRACK] people. People just need to be more creative!

Many towns currently still have their region despite having very few citizens and hardly anything done. Many players have alternate accounts that they use to cover up inactivity.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Many towns currently still have their region despite having very few citizens and hardly anything done. Many players have alternate accounts that they use to cover up inactivity.

If you have any proof of this, report it! It is not legal.

One person cannot gain 100c every week from voting, but a couple people can. I think taxes should be increased, but at the same time I don't want them too becasue we DO have alot of little 6-10 player microcommunities who are perfectly happy with Hamlet regions and just play together for fun. Given some PVP pressure these towns will quit and/or go inactive. It's just a little too late for higher startup costs for getting hamelet, but I'm glad we have taxes now.

In a perfect world, Hamlet would have been as expensive as it is now at the start of DG and taxes right away. We will just have to make due.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
IMO, we should remove hamlet as a township stage and make the jump directly to town as it was previously. That way towns aren't so easy to make, and people are encouraged to join rather than make. The prices were so impossibly high for me as a newcomer when I joined Sanctum that I was perfectly fine with joining a town and knew that making a township was far too much work for me as a newcomer, until I was very well settled in.

As for player/admin involvement in township controls - Players can discourage users from forming towns, and blockade them against tax if they're really cruel (Although that's very hostile PK, and usually turns nasty for both sides because lots of people get involved) - but so long as admins remove township regions after 1 week of warning after inactivity/lack of tax payment, and this is done without fault, I think we'll be okay. After three weeks of warning, staff can reset their township status completely, meaning they have to repay the entire creation fee, not just their taxes. It's a boring job for the staff to keep up with all the time, but it seems neccesary now.

Activity is okay - Structure and creativity seem a bit harsh. People have different tastes, can't really destroy their hard work because you don't like the way it looks.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Back in Zeal, I am sure the price of a town was around 10k, so I don't see why you are complaining about Hamlets. It is much harder to make them now, plus, all the ones created when the prices were reduced are slowly dying. Remember when Lastivity removed, like, 10 towns? I expect this to happen more when they check how many citizens, active, each town really has.

Removing Hamlets all together is unfair, some people DO put a lot of work into the town, not to use it as a protective region. Hamlets are literally just the same as towns now, they're created through a 10k payment, roughly what towns used to cost in Zeal/Sanctum, and have the same taxes.

Unless towns in Sanctum/Zeal used to cost over 10k, with taxes above 100c. Correct me if I am wrong.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
I know that Zeal towns were the same as Dragongarde hamlets - in fact, they were cheaper - but the economy in Dragongarde seems to be rocketing so high that 10k isn't much at all, whereas it took a hell of a lot of work to get that money in Zeal. But in the end, my township experiences were always in the start of maps, so I can't talk for how easy it was to make a town at the end of Zeal, where there were quite a few popping up. Just to make one difference clear, Zeal towns required 10 signatures, whereas Dragongarde hamlets require 5 - which makes quite a bit of a difference because it allows smaller microcommunities to form townships. :eek:

You make a valid point, and in the end, that just leads one to think that town taxes and citizens just need to be moderated strictly, even if it is a tedious job.

By the way, suggestion =/= complaint - All of us are just suggesting things here to act as a model to fix the problem which is the abundancy of townships, not 'complaining' about the current system. Please don't turn my words against me. Thanks.

EDIT: Whoops, hamlets in Dragongarde, towns in Zeal. Man, I'm smart.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I know that Zeal hamlets were the same as Dragongarde towns - in fact, they were cheaper - but the economy in Dragongarde seems to be rocketing so high that 10k isn't much at all, whereas it took a hell of a lot of work to get that money in Zeal. But in the end, my township experiences were always in the start of maps, so I can't talk for how easy it was to make a town at the end of Zeal, where there were quite a few popping up. Just to make one difference clear, Zeal towns required 10 signatures, whereas Dragongarde hamlets require 5 - which makes quite a bit of a difference because it allows smaller microcommunities to form townships. :eek:

You make a valid point, and in the end, that just leads one to think that town taxes and citizens just need to be moderated strictly, even if it is a tedious job.

By the way, suggestion =/= complaint - All of us are just suggesting things here to act as a model to fix the problem which is the abundancy of townships, not 'complaining' about the current system. Please don't turn my words against me. Thanks.

If towns in Zeal and Hamlets in Dragon are the same, I guess moderating the taxes/township activity more strictly will do the job with getting rid of dodgy townships.

Apologies for saying your suggestion was a ''complaint'', I forgot that this was on the ''Suggestions'' part of the forum, these threads usually spin off in strange directions anyways! :p

aceshooter11

Portal
The Alliance for Progress Impediment*

And maybe we do need a player controlled system. Back on Zeal it was made clear to any of the REAL TC that any new towns were to be attacked and raided to ensure less town growth. I'm sure others did the same, and it seems there were less towns and more larger groups on Zeal.
TC, Bloodline, Never stop towns from becoming towns, just delayed the process by a week or made them unite and just grow faster.

malmenca

Diamond
TC, Bloodline, Never stop towns from becoming towns, just delayed the process by a week or made them unite and just grow faster.

These towns knew they couldn't do it alone, they grouped up. United with others, forged alliances, etc. etc. etc.. THIS is what Herocraft is missing now. Now towns can take their time, sit at hamlet for months and never progress. because no one is raiding them so they hold onto their gold stock forever.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
These towns knew they couldn't do it alone, they grouped up. United with others, forged alliances, etc. etc. etc.. THIS is what Herocraft is missing now. Now towns can take their time, sit at hamlet for months and never progress. because no one is raiding them so they hold onto their gold stock forever.

The HC community has changes a lot since the days on Zeal/Sanctum, which is the reason why many now build protected towns to defend their gold stocks. What do you expect, for them to allow you to raid from them? To uncover all chests and to remove all walls? :confused: I bet you wouldn't do that if you ran a town! :p

malmenca

Diamond
I don't expect them to allow you to be raided, I expect people to attempt to raid. People don't raid tho, so no gold is ever taken, therefore its feasable to stay hamlet

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't expect them to allow you to be raided, I expect people to attempt to raid. People don't raid tho, so no gold is ever taken, therefore its feasable to stay hamlet

Maybe they never get enough money to upgrade their town? Or they spend it on other things?

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
Cap it at 20-30 townships, have a PVP event. Top 20-30 townships survive. The rest have a week until their regions are removed.
I actually like this idea a little, just make it alot less extreme.

Cap at 30 townships
Towns completely dying from players not able to fight, or short term inactivity? NO
PvP events to rank the top towns and bottom towns get a small fee - 20c extra on taxes for a 2 weeks etc. MAYBE

Edit: Maybe not ranking towns based on PvP considering that's a little to much of making herocraft 'PvP server' though I think that there should be a more like 'king of the hill' match where towns send players in to control the base, and the town that's player(s) hold it the longest for a certain amount of time get a prize.

Edit: This may be a very hard plugin to create and I think if it is even possible to make it a every 1-2 month type thing similar to the PvP events.

malmenca

Diamond
It seems your playing devil's advocate, and thats all well and good. But I dont think what your suggesting is the case.