• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Towns, Wars, and more.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Its nice to hear that a town cap is coming in, but honestly its way to late. Should have been in at the start of the map.

My suggestion is at the start of next map, whenever that is, there be a town cap in place. For example 30 towns. Now once we get to 30 towns lets face it, people will bitch and moan about how they want to create their own town and "wait for one of the other 30 to go inactive" just won't cut it for them. So lets give them the opportunity to create it. After there are 30 towns on the map, each one after that should get progressively more expensive to create. If town creation cost 10K, town #31 would cost 11K and by the time town #40 is created it will cost 20K to start. So if someone really really really wanted to start up a town after the cap is reached they could, they'd just need to put a more work into it, and hopefully that devotion will = an active town when it is finally created. I actually think the progressiveness of the price increase should be a little more steep than what I suggested in my example.

About town stats, I'm no coder but I don't see why this couldn't be implemented if the township plugin is finally completed and working.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Cap it at 20-30 townships, have a PVP event. Top 20-30 townships survive. The rest have a week until their regions are removed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Its nice to hear that a town cap is coming in, but honestly its way to late. Should have been in at the start of the map.

My suggestion is at the start of next map, whenever that is, there be a town cap in place. For example 30 towns. Now once we get to 30 towns lets face it, people will bitch and moan about how they want to create their own town and "wait for one of the other 30 to go inactive" just won't cut it for them. So lets give them the opportunity to create it. After there are 30 towns on the map, each one after that should get progressively more expensive to create. If town creation cost 10K, town #31 would cost 11K and by the time town #40 is created it will cost 20K to start. So if someone really really really wanted to start up a town after the cap is reached they could, they'd just need to put a more work into it, and hopefully that devotion will = an active town when it is finally created. I actually think the progressiveness of the price increase should be a little more steep than what I suggested in my example.

About town stats, I'm no coder but I don't see why this couldn't be implemented if the township plugin is finally completed and working.

Thanks for getting this topic back on track :)

Anyway, one thing that does worry me is if we do something like this next map with a small town cap, but big communities of people who missed out on having their own town just hoard money and resources and WAIT for a town to die. That would be detrimental to development of towns. I can see it happening too, but over time it may not be an issue.

Sanctum had a town cap, but it was pretty big so I think that shows us just how much smaller the cap should be. Correct me if i'm wrong, but in Sanctum there could be like 8 capitals, and 24 other towns. That was because of the design of the Nexus, which had a portal to each town.

Aetosion

Obsidian
The operative definition of a PVP server is "A server where PVP is enabled and not discouraged."

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Theres PVP on herocraft So it is a PVP server
Like it or not

There's building on herocraft too so by that logic it's a freebuild server.

This is a hardcore server, don't ask for things from staff and do what you want. Plugins are in place to reward the hardworking and add more content to the game. THAT is the kind of server this is, it has a little bit of everything.

So I wouldn't be lying if I said this wasn't a pvp server.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Indeed, players are often corrected by staff when they say it's a "PvP" server. This server is fortunately much more than PvP. A tournament would be an unfair judgement of the quality of Towns.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Even though I do love PvP and would like to see it more, this server is not a complete PVP server. As you can see, Herocraft is an RPG server. There is PvP, but that is just ONE aspect to the server. A pure competition to get rid of the struggling/dead hamlets would be to have a contest that has all sorts of aspects to it (separated in rounds)

Eg:
Round 1. Build Off!
Round 2. PvP Duel!
Round 3. Dungeon Crawler! (mini-game)
Round 4. Fishing!
Round 5. Survival! (mini-game)

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Just personally, I don't like the idea of war as a structured 'contest' of sorts, although it is an interesting idea. I just don't like thinking that the entire system would have to be forced upon you, and you would win a war by winning a predefined contest whereas a war (Or even a HC raid) would be expected to be messy, chaotic and just crazy all round, as opposed to organised. But at the same time, all out war with griefing and all has too many losses to be worth the trouble. Finding a balance between the two is good, but all the same, perhaps we need to be careful what we wish for.