• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Huger Games Movie/Book

KanJam49

Legacy Supporter 4
Didn't like the movie. I read the book and for the most part they hit on the most important details of the book. There were however many aspects of the movie just annoyed me. The most prominent thing being the way the camera was handled. I understand the movie is pg13 but in some combat scenes you couldn't even tell another person had entered the fight until the fight was done. They way overdue it on the shaking of the camera.
Wait, THIS movie is PG13? If it's following the book at all it would have to be R. Did they cut ALL the gore and horrific venom induced hallucinations?

@applelove There really wasn't that much gore detailed in the book. A lot was left up to the imagination, as well as the movie.

@ShadoWall555 I agree, the jostling of the camera, though meant to look cool, was just annoying.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Didn't like the movie. I read the book and for the most part they hit on the most important details of the book. There were however many aspects of the movie just annoyed me. The most prominent thing being the way the camera was handled. I understand the movie is pg13 but in some combat scenes you couldn't even tell another person had entered the fight until the fight was done. They way overdue it on the shaking of the camera.
Wait, THIS movie is PG13? If it's following the book at all it would have to be R. Did they cut ALL the gore and horrific venom induced hallucinations?

From what I have heard, yes.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The third book ruined what good the other two had for me. Unnecessary killing off of some of the few characters that were actually good and the ending wasn't pleasant in the slightest. The series is alright, though not as good as people make it out to be imo.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
The third book ruined what good the other two had for me. Unnecessary killing off of some of the few characters that were actually good and the ending wasn't pleasant in the slightest. The series is alright, though not as good as people make it out to be imo.
The ending was disappointing, but I think it was pretty well suited to the series. I mean, what about the whole story was pleasant? I wasn't expecting a happy ending myself. Though, the last character to die was a little frustrating.

Cybersword

Legacy Supporter 5
So I saw the movie. I have not read the books or really had any idea what it was about.

From this perspective, the movie actually seemed really bad. There is very little character development and things seemed rushed.

I can tell that the death of Rue was supposed to be a huge deal and stuff, but I literally could not figure out why we were supposed to care about this character. She had more screen time dead than alive. She had maybe 4 or 5 lines throughout the movie. There was maybe 30 seconds of screen time dedicated to bonding between her and Katniss. It kinda felt like I was being told to care about her because "I am supposed to."

I'm sure the book is much better though.

Oh yeah, the action scenes were pretty shitty too. They literally could not keep the camera still and it just made it a pain to watch.

All in all, I want my money back. /rant

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I can tell that the death of Rue was supposed to be a huge deal and stuff, but I literally could not figure out why we were supposed to care about this character. She had more screen time dead than alive. She had maybe 4 or 5 lines throughout the movie. There was maybe 30 seconds of screen time dedicated to bonding between her and Katniss. It kinda felt like I was being told to care about her because "I am supposed to."

If you read the book you would see it evolves more, explains it better.

Cybersword

Legacy Supporter 5

If you read the book you would see it evolves more, explains it better.
I'm aware of this. What I'm saying is that the movie is bad.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I wouldn't say gore is a good thing, especially since I'm as much of a coward as they come, but I would expect some from this movie. I mean, what was described in the Tracker Jacker scenes should be pretty terrible.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I wouldn't say gore is a good thing, especially since I'm as much of a coward as they come, but I would expect some from this movie. I mean, what was described in the Tracker Jacker scenes should be pretty terrible.

I have not seen the movie as of yet, but from everyone I know who has, they were disappointed the movie was PG-13 and felt it should be R based on the books.

*Shrugs*

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
It wasn't the violence that made the book good in my opinion. For me, it was fine that there was very little blood and gore.

And IMO, the part with the Tracker Jackers in the movie was the most gruesome :p