• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Huger Games Movie/Book

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Saw the movie today... Guess what I have to say about it....

Not as good as the book :/. but that's how it goes with every movie based off a book.

Disliked the movie, as much as I liked it. Left out too much backstory, and left out too many little details. On the other hand, they were decently faithful to the book.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
So I saw the movie. I have not read the books or really had any idea what it was about.

From this perspective, the movie actually seemed really bad. There is very little character development and things seemed rushed.

I can tell that the death of Rue was supposed to be a huge deal and stuff, but I literally could not figure out why we were supposed to care about this character. She had more screen time dead than alive. She had maybe 4 or 5 lines throughout the movie. There was maybe 30 seconds of screen time dedicated to bonding between her and Katniss. It kinda felt like I was being told to care about her because "I am supposed to."

I'm sure the book is much better though.

Oh yeah, the action scenes were pretty shitty too. They literally could not keep the camera still and it just made it a pain to watch.

All in all, I want my money back. /rant
Yeah, I agree, and Rue's importance was not stressed much in the movie. In the book you'll see there is a lot more to it and it actually has importance in the future books since Katniss brings her up/thinks about her constantly.

One thing that bothered me about the movie was, similar to the Rue thing, that the fact that Katniss and Gale have such a strong relationship, they show Gale a bit pissed off that Katniss feels affection for Peeta, but Gale doesn't even seem like much of a main character to me in the movie.

Another thing is the lack of gore that was in this movie. There were some scenes at the beginning of the Hunger Games that showed people dying and some bloody scenes, but in the book it was a lot more detailed, and I liked that. There were intense parts of course during the movie that I really did enjoy, not gonna lie, but parts such as Thresh's killing of Clove. In the book, Thresh picks her up, throws her down and beats her in the head with a fucking rock. That was fucking awesome. In the movie, it looks as though Thresh throws her into the cornucopia, and she dies...

Another example is Cato's death at the end. Those mutated wolves/dog things ravaged and tortured Cato for an extremely long time, and you're supposed to be able to tell how badly these things are beating him. When Katniss finally puts him out of his misery, in my opinion he should've been shown, so you could see how badly the dogs messed him up and Katniss finally shooting him in the head. Maybe it was just too gory for the full screen, but imo, it would've been a lot better.
Other than that, I thought it was an enjoyable movie, once again, the book was better.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Going back to the discussion about book 3 on page 2, I thought it was fine all the way up to when they ended it with 'do you love me true or not true' I raged because they fucking be ninjas and kill coin instead of snow then they ended it crap. Also the Movie left out to many key parts.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I LOVED the ending to ''Mockingjay''. I felt good that Coin was killed instead of Snow, she was just as corrupt and evil! She and the rest of the ''Rebel'' group lied to Katniss throughout the whole of book 2 and 3, from when she was in the second arena to when she was fighting at the capitol. Plus, she killed her sister and many other children, not the capitol.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
sigh I never said that bit was bad I was saying the shit about do you love me true or not true, killing coin was cool.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I just recently read the books, all I can say is that I've read many better series. The 1st person view doesn't usually appeal to me anyways. Maybe the movie will be better, I'll have to see.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I just recently read the books, all I can say is that I've read many better series. The 1st person view doesn't usually appeal to me anyways. Maybe the movie will be better, I'll have to see.

I usually like 3rd person view in books because it allows for more in-depth character development besides the main character.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I saw the film today! :D It was amazing! :D To all you picky people out there: Try make a film 100% to the book. You will fail! :p

The acting, camera movement, setting and sound effects were all perfect! :D