• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Huger Games Movie/Book

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
So I swore I would never read the books because they're such a bandwagon, but then we had to for school so I read the whole book in 2 hours of reading each day for 3 days(which is when we had to be done with Chpt.1) and then the 4th day start the 2nd book which my brother has. And I like the concept and its good, but at times the grammar is weird or katniss's thoughts like nothing like I would be thinking. But it was a good book with a semi cliff hangerish ending. I knew the movie was coming out soon so I saw the ad and well it looks crap, like all movies based off books made in the last like 2 years (like Perceus Jackson(my favorite book series) movie which sucked). I mean what do you guys think on the matter?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I will probably never read the book, watch the movie, enjoy it, and listen to complaints form all my friends about how the book is better.

At least that's what usually happens.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
My entire grade is going on a field trip to New York City to go see the movie.

About 80% of the grade has read at least the first two books, the rest have read all three. You can ask most of them, including me, and they'll say it was probably one of the best series they've read ever.

agentjwall

Godly
Has there ever been a movie that's as good as the book? LoTR may have come closest but its still nowhere near as good as the books :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I consider The Hunger Games as my favorite book series. And i have been reading MANY book series :3

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
I liked it. And I hardly think something being a "band wagon" is a good excuse to avoid something. After I bought the first two online, I saw them in town and was like "OH HEY!"
Anyhow. I was disappointed with the series ending, though I suppose it suited the overall feel of the books quite well. As for the movie, meh. Not looking forward to it. Don't like the soundtrack, and hate the cast. My fault, probably, for picturing the main characters how I wanted rather than how the descriptions dictated.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
Honestly never heard of the book/series before seeing it pop up on these forums or watching E!, I live in Australia so that may be why lol.

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
I've read the whole series multiple times and I've already seen the movie twice. I love the books and I also love the movie :D

KanJam49

Legacy Supporter 4
I read the first book two summers ago because of all the hype and such. Honestly I didn't like it. I thought it was a great plot and really could have went somewhere but she just isn't a talented enough author. As far as literature goes it wasn't anything remarkable. My mom won like a box special edition set or whatever and that was the only reason I read the rest of the series, due to availability reasons. On my own, I probably wouldn't have continued the series. I think the second book was the best of the three, but all together unremarkable.

On that note, due to my disinterest in the books, I thought the movie was great. It wasn't true to the book in a lot of ways, but as just a movie, I liked it a lot. Probably because I'm not a huge fan of the books I saw past the "anger" that some people have when things are left out in movies, and could tell it was a quality film. That being said, that is why I have HUGE critiques about the Harry Potter films :p

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Didn't like the movie. I read the book and for the most part they hit on the most important details of the book. There were however many aspects of the movie just annoyed me. The most prominent thing being the way the camera was handled. I understand the movie is pg13 but in some combat scenes you couldn't even tell another person had entered the fight until the fight was done. They way overdue it on the shaking of the camera.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Didn't like the movie. I read the book and for the most part they hit on the most important details of the book. There were however many aspects of the movie just annoyed me. The most prominent thing being the way the camera was handled. I understand the movie is pg13 but in some combat scenes you couldn't even tell another person had entered the fight until the fight was done. They way overdue it on the shaking of the camera.
Wait, THIS movie is PG13? If it's following the book at all it would have to be R. Did they cut ALL the gore and horrific venom induced hallucinations?