• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The 12 Step Program to MORE WORLD PVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetosion

Obsidian
There's hardly any world PVP. That sucks. Here's how to fix it.

1. No DG plots. Lots of people at spawn ruins pvp. Or just hella expensive
2. No Trade District
3. More MAs at accessible, yet dangerous locations. Like Temple.
4. No hamlets. Makes regions too easy.
5. Much more expensive regions. Larger communities that fight together, instead of tons of 5-15 man ones.
6. Smaller regions, less giant-ass hidey holes that you never have to leave.
7. No regions on roads. Allow buildings, shops, blockades.
8. Herogate-esque things around +/- 3000, +/- 3000. Map expansion made many areas too isolated.
9. Smaller maps, next map, or whatever.
10. Roads on Warshard. Centralize PVP along roads and whatnot.
11. Encourage Kingdoms, large WARS. Less random anarchy. Stuff like that.
12. Cap number of towns.

Suggest more if you want to. Good ideas will be added.

Aetosion, Out.

I'll tag everyone that was participating alot in the ingame debate about it earlier.
@Kainzo @PernixPike @HolyRane @dils1 @BadHaddy @ShizzDawgg

Edit:
To summarize some notable responses later in this thread:

When looking at server lists, people don't choose to play on a hardcore server because they want to build. Creativity and building should be given their place, but HC (noting Heroes and the majority of our other plugins are PVP-centric) is Hardcore, and that means promoting a challenge for its players. That's what PVP does.

So far, everyone but 2 people wants more PVP. What an intriguing statistic.

Even if you're not a good PVPer, it's still fun. I was only specc'd on Zeal for a week, I was that bad at leveling. Wasn't good at PVP either. It still added action, challenge, fun, and suspense.

Fit29

Coal
Now I have not been around here long enough to know what PVP was like on past maps, or even to know allot about the happenings of this map... So this is the views of a noob in short (They will probably be wrong) . I will go down the list of things and point my opinions on each.

1. No DG plots. Lots of people at spawn ruins pvp.
Very understandable, even though I have been saving up for a DG plot for a week now, I can clearly see how the negatives of them out weigh the positives... I (and what I see many other players doing) wanted a DG plot not to live in, but more as a large storage house to keep my items safe. So what if we get rid of DG plots, and instead have one big bank complex at spawn, where you can buy a SMALL vault that can store a limited amount of items (about 2-3 double chests would be fair).
2. No Trade District
This I see few benefits to PVP wise, but making cities feel more like cities and having shops in them would be a great benefit from this. Then again, I love how I can go easily shopping at spawn, but I also feel it would be way cooler to travel to a major city (The risk of traveling would be the only real PVP benefit) and visit it's market for my shopping.
All of my yes. But I would recommend having a sign in the nexus for each portal that says what arena its exit is closest to, to keep new players from getting confused. (Like I do all the time 3:)
I am too nooby to this server to even understand this.
5. Much more expensive regions. Larger communities that fight together, instead of tons of 5-15 man ones.
This I like, but I also enjoy small villages. BUT, the small villages should stop sticking to them selves... the ratio of towns to towns in alliances is way off, lets think of how WW1 started, Alliances. How will a world war that would be awesome start on HC? Alliances.
6. No regions on roads. Allow building, shops, blockades.
I tend to avoid roads, so I have no opinion on this.
7. Herogate-esque things around +/- 3000, +/- 3000. Map expansion made many areas too isolated.
I love how big the map is... but adding more portals to more parts of the map would make everything to accessible, if the map expanded a little bit more, then I would say to put 4 more gates, one at each corner.
8. Smaller maps, next map, or whatever.
See answer to 7.
9. Roads on Warshard.
Well duh.
10. Encourage Kingdoms, large WARS. Less random anarchy. Stuff like that.
See answer to 5.

Joka10

Soulsand
The server is already heavily weighted towards PvP against other things... Removing plots/hamlets/more expensive towns kills a lot of opportunities for people to be creative in building, and even to build at all. Also, how do you encourage kingdoms by making regions more expensive...? Removing the trade district makes the player interaction in the economy suffer because people have to go to unsafe areas to set up shops, and then get little consumer traffic because of the lack of safety in the area. Removing the regions on the roads means that they would be illegally griefed constantly and would always be in need of repair. Setting up blockades on roads... that's just dumb. It would be impossible to get rid of another person's blockade legally because of griefing regulations. A guy could block a road and no one could do a thing about it... More HGs could be a good thing... Smaller maps though... no. There'd be much less space for people to make stuff, staunching a lot of creativity, and people would become much more upset than they are now about mining.

PvP doesn't need to be made any more prevalent... All other aspects of the game already are less focused upon on this server than PvP. The gap doesn't need to be made any larger...

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with most of these except for removing TD. Maybe make DG plots a shit ton more expensive.

Reduce the region sizes of the graveyards, herogates and mob arenas, they are massive and unnecessary.

qNickp

TNT
The server is already heavily weighted towards PvP against other things... Removing plots/hamlets/more expensive towns kills a lot of opportunities for people to be creative in building, and even to build at all. Also, how do you encourage kingdoms by making regions more expensive...? Removing the trade district makes the player interaction in the economy suffer because people have to go to unsafe areas to set up shops, and then get little consumer traffic because of the lack of safety in the area. Removing the regions on the roads means that they would be illegally griefed constantly and would always be in need of repair. Setting up blockades on roads... that's just dumb. It would be impossible to get rid of another person's blockade legally because of griefing regulations. A guy could block a road and no one could do a thing about it... More HGs could be a good thing... Smaller maps though... no. There'd be much less space for people to make stuff, staunching a lot of creativity, and people would become much more upset than they are now about mining.

PvP doesn't need to be made any more prevalent... All other aspects of the game already are less focused upon on this server than PvP. The gap doesn't need to be made any larger...

Correct me if im wrong but isn't this a hardcore server?

There's hardly any world PVP. That sucks. Here's how to fix it.

1. No DG plots. Lots of people at spawn ruins pvp.
2. No Trade District
6. No regions on roads. Allow building, shops, blockades.
7. Herogate-esque things around +/- 3000, +/- 3000. Map expansion made many areas too isolated.
8. Smaller maps, next map, or whatever.
9. Roads on Warshard.
10. Encourage Kingdoms, large WARS. Less random anarchy. Stuff like that.

Suggest more if you want to. Good ideas will be added.

Aetosion, Out.

I'll tag everyone that was participating alot in the ingame debate about it earlier.
@Kainzo @PernixPike @HolyRane @dils1 @BadHaddy @ShizzDawgg
holy shit this mans a genius!

malmenca

Diamond
If we remove the TD, we'll get more airbus101 shops.
Idk about you, but I think that would be good, Airbus, for those that don't know, had a shop on the west road, and this shop had fucking terrible prices, rip offs everywhere. But it was still greatly used. It was a scene for trade, pvp, parties (http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/fun-party-at-airbuss-shop-saturday.7348/) and a whole host of other things. It was a fun place to dick around. That is what we need more of.

Additionally, no regions on roads will increase world pvp? in some cases yes, but take Ironpass for example coords (0, 800) smack in the middle of the west road. The most active pvping at the start of the map, and it continued through much of the map. So not necessarily true.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, the herogate at northwest is how people normally came to my area to raid, ever since temple ma was moved it has become very boring in the area. Moving temple out in the wild only added another no-pvp area in the middle of no where and people just pvp there instead of raiding towns and having bigger battles. I think temple ma limited amount of pvp going around the map and just made one area a place to go to pvp instead having everywhere a nice place to pvp..

Aetosion

Obsidian
I probably missed someone, but:

@Fit29 , a lot of what you misunderstand is based on past maps.

2. On Zeal, the only viable "shopping district" was along the roads. Meaning people flocked there to buy things, and others flocked there to kill people buying things.

4. Hamlets allow for cheaper, and more accessible region protection, meaning more people can make their own, easier. Meaning that everyone's split off with their friends from school, or some other server. Or some nubs they MA'd with once. In their own region. Alone.

5. Alliances never really have worked. Large cities have.

6. Same as #2, kind of. Allowing people to build along and above/under roads means that there's more activity around it. Meaning more people in a smaller area. Meaning PVP.

-------

@Joka10 Hardcore doesn't mean "creative building… [not] go[ing] to unsafe areas… creativity". Rules can be made to allow griefing directly above a road, or something. It wasn't a problem on Zeal or Sanctum when the same was done.

Make the gap larger, there's very little PVP right now, even though the "server focus" is on PVP, there isn't any. That's a problem.

More expensive regions means more people band together to cover a cost, meaning that people with any sort of regions are either rich, or numerous. Both end up making good Kingdoms. See Zeal.
-------

@PernixPike Meh. Probably. Or just utilize squads.

------

@HolyRane Luv ya too.

------

@Detarbilate Love the spirit.

------

@Iarbobray Me too.

------

@GreekCrackShot Very true. The problem with TD is that it encourages more people to stay in spawn. Not a lovely thing for encouraging PVP. Good idea with reducing region size.

-----

@Detarbilate Precisely.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Make the gap larger, there's very little PVP right now, even though the "server focus" is on PVP, there isn't any. That's a problem.
This is what I was kind of saying, the reason you would say there is little pvp is because it has all been going on in 1 general area, templa ma normally.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Section #2, For everyone who ninja'd my first response post.

@MrPapodopolus I know. <3

------

@ShizzDawgg This is exactly why changes need to be made. People are derping because there's nothing to do but grind and build.

-----

@malmenca The reasons for no regions on or around roads, is to have construction around it. Meaning activity around it. Meaning PVP. Shops around Zeal Roads? Ironpass? Airbus? All hubs for action.

-----

@Dwarfers Well, there's actually more PVP in that area because of Temple. It may have moved a couple hundred blocks, but it's still there. That's what counts. Don't worry though, we'll try and make Raubtier the new Madlum now that you guys got Capital!

-----

@Dwarfers (again) Well, sure. It's the only viable location. Tons of noobs walking there, tons of shops to get stuff, tons of stuff to be had. Therefore, activity. Similar environments need to be fostered in other locations.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I wouldn't have much part in pvp at Raubtier, I will be gone from May 31st-August 4th in Europe.

I agree, it would spread the pvp a little more and cause more travel locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.