• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The 12 Step Program to MORE WORLD PVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
There is usually around 100+ people playing on the server now. Back in Zeal, that used to be the max number of players allowed on a server at one time. The limit is now 200, and I do see 160 players online most days.
No, Majoras. We rarely reach 100+ players nowadays. The highest I see it go is about 90, typically. SO, if there was more of what these fine gentleman are suggesting, *cough PVP cough*, we actually may hit 100+ people on a daily basis.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Herocraft is an RPG not a PvP server. Focusing too much on PvP brings the creativity out of Herocraft. Building is still a huge part of HC, this is why we have Architects, to build these amazing structures and recognize those who are great builders. If we remove regions we'll look like those... Other Servers... where griefing is as rampant as the flu in a full elevator, and building will be... well less because people's buildings wont be safe from those who grief. Yes they will be banned, but what stops more griefers from coming in and doing the same thing?

You are also acting immature. You aren't even considering what joka has to say, and most of what he is saying is completely correct.

@Detar, Heroes made PvP fun yes, but it gave it the RPG feel Herocraft was aiming for.

Joka10

Soulsand
What Joka has been trying to say is, this server is not all about PvP like you guys have acting as it is. How were towns created? Building. How was temple ma created? Building. If it were all about PvP this would have been an empty map with hills, mountains, oceans, rivers, and biomes.

Exactly. If you play a server that is only PvP, you don't have towns to raid, staff events, amazing staff/player-made architecture, mob arenas, classes and skills, lotteries, trading, or any of the awesome stuff this server has. In servers dedicated completely to PvP, there are ugly dirt huts, griefed cobble walls, flaming noobs, warlords that spend most of their time bullying people in chat, abusive administrators, and none of the awesome stuff Herocraft has. I don't play games like Call of Duty, but I hear a lot of people complain about all the jerks who use voicechat in it. Minecraft PvP-dedicated servers are full of people like that. If you disagree, then you haven't played a real one. They are terrible. Herocraft has so much more, and the added stuff makes PvP much better. If you tear away all of the added stuff to enhance PvP, you're being counterproductive. You just reduce it to Call of Duty.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Has nobody mentioned the fact that 95% of towns are impossible to get in to? Haven't read the thread, but I assume it should be one of the steps to remove this.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Exactly. If you play a server that is only PvP, you don't have towns to raid, staff events, amazing staff/player-made architecture, mob arenas, classes and skills, lotteries, trading, or any of the awesome stuff this server has. In servers dedicated completely to PvP, there are ugly dirt huts, griefed cobble walls, flaming noobs, warlords that spend most of their time bullying people in chat, abusive administrators, and none of the awesome stuff Herocraft has. I don't play games like Call of Duty, but I hear a lot of people complain about all the jerks who use voicechat in it. Minecraft PvP-dedicated servers are full of people like that. If you disagree, then you haven't played a real one. They are terrible. Herocraft has so much more, and the added stuff makes PvP much better. If you tear away all of the added stuff to enhance PvP, you're being counterproductive. You just reduce it to Call of Duty.
We're not implying that the server be only-pvp, we just want more of it. I'm assuming you weren't around during zeal when town regions were non-existant(at the beginning). It was a lot of fun for me, believe it or not. I wasn't even a pvper back then, I was brand new to minecraft and interested in building some cool structures. Then I found out about pvp and was afraid of it, but it gave me a thrill that I think it should give most of you.There was shit loads of towns, and diplomacy actually existed last map aswell. Unlike this map, where everybody fucking hides in no-pvp. Think of it this way, would you play Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft at its prime if pvp were non-existant? FUCK NO. Who the hell would? Those games wouldn't even hold half of their playerbase without it. It's an essential aspect to any mmorpg. We're not taking things away, i'm fine with massive pve events by staff, trading, and the classes. We just want a less boring minecraft server to play on and pvp compensates for that. You're appealing to me as someone who doesn't like pvp, and just likes to pvp and build. That's fine, I get that, but calling a Minecraft server "hardcore" without any thrill from pvp sounds a bit superfluos. Herocraft at its current standing is not hardcore.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It seems to me that the PvP is being torn out by all the "Added Stuff"
Added Stuff is what keeps HC from being a one-trick pony. There IS PvP as it stands, but I think it can be improved upon without ruining the other aspects of the server.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Has nobody mentioned the fact that 95% of towns are impossible to get in to? Haven't read the thread, but I assume it should be one of the steps to remove this.

This is the #1 issue right now, I have been hoping that the TnT siege combat would be in soon, but I have honestly lost hope due to the lack of news of it...

MajorasMask

Ungodly
No, Majoras. We rarely reach 100+ players nowadays. The highest I see it go is about 90, typically. SO, if there was more of what these fine gentleman are suggesting, *cough PVP cough*, we actually may hit 100+ people on a daily basis.

Oh, I DO believe we need more PvP! ;) I'm just saying that I usually see over 100 people in the evenings, UK time.

Joka10

Soulsand
It seems to me that the PvP is being torn out by all the "Added Stuff"

Then go play a server that's just PvP. There are plenty of them out there (though you'll have to change servers a lot... they go down pretty quickly because most people hate them). Don't attempt to ruin HC for those who like making towns, leveling, doing mob arena, trading, playing staffmade events, participating in the moderate PvP that there is, losing the lottery, watching the monthly tourneys, and not having to deal with too many people like those on PvP dedicated servers.

Again, PvP can and should be improved. However it shouldn't be at the expense of other parts of the game.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Added Stuff is what keeps HC from being a one-trick pony. There IS PvP as it stands, but I think it can be improved upon without ruining the other aspects of the server.

That isn't much of an issue. If they pay for the region, I believe they should have the right to do what they like (in terms of building) in the town. For instance, Neutral communities don't want harassment, so why can't they build a wall? It protects them, ect. And even if there wasn't a wall surrounding a town, people would still just made an obsidian bomb shelter underground and hope for the best. Both methods are for protection; which is what having a town is all about: protection.

I know it sucks that people can't get INTO the towns as easily, but, as seen in Zeal, there can be plenty of PvP outside of towns. This is where roads and new maps come in, such as Warshard. If we had limited town numbers aswell, this could form ''Battlefields'' between towns, which could open up new PvP opportunities.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Then go play a server that's just PvP. There are plenty of them out there (though you'll have to change servers a lot... they go down pretty quickly because most people hate them). Don't attempt to ruin HC for those who like making towns, leveling, doing mob arena, trading, playing staffmade events, participating in the moderate PvP that there is, losing the lottery, watching the monthly tourneys, and not having to deal with too many people like those on PvP dedicated servers.

Again, PvP can and should be improved. However it shouldn't be at the expense of other parts of the game.

From what i'm reading here, you and Dwarfers seem to be the only ones arguing a different point... Not sure whose ruining whose experience right now.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7

2 words, creative server.

Aetosion

Obsidian
@Fit29 Yesyesyes.

-----

@teddytazer Not sure about all Dragongarde, that might piss off new players a little to much. Instead, I'd just advocate moving the focus away from DG. Less spawn plots for people to derp at, less shops for people to sit around looking at, less focus on DG in general.

------

@AzenYumCha So, you're against the fact that the wide majority of players wants a change? Perhaps you're overlooking something. If everyone is demanding more PVP except for 9 or 10 people, I'd be inclined to think PVP is the way to go. There'd still be town regions. You can still build. You just shouldn't sit inside said town 24/7, or inside DG 24/7 , so something needs to be done to get people out.

------

@c12095 Well, a much smaller no-pvp around herogates could be a good idea.

------

@The_Player_189 You have my full support ;D

------

@shrimpy77 Meeeeoooowww

------

@MajorasMask

1. Too many, too cheap, too accessible, and too overused.

2. That shit was fun, pass camping brings others in to kill the pass campers, more PVP. Just walk around the road if you don't want to be killed. I never killed anyone on those roads, never leveled up much at all on Zeal, got killed a lot there. I still loved it.

3. Not talking about filling MAs, I'm talking about putting more points of focus on the map, instead of putting them all in the giant-ass no-pvp zone we call Dragongarde.

4. Hamlets cost too reasonable an amount. It's too cheap, and too many people can get their own. A town cap would be good though. Your idea is le good idea.

5. I did.

6. Yeah, but not much money is being spent for each. I'd agree with your reasoning if it wasn't so inexpensive.

7. yesyesyes. Pressisiisily.

8. Better get taken care of faster.

9. Warshard fixes this. Making parts of the map super isolated helps nothing except whoever's hermitting it up out there.

10. Yes, yes it will.

11. Definetly, brahseph.

I have a problem with Warshard, because it'll drag PVP away from the mainworld and split all the action. Kind of derpy in my opinion, HC doesn't have enough members for that to work.

------

@Joka10 Hardcore isn't PVP, true, but PVP is a large part of it. Funny though, how the majority of active forum members like PVP.

-----

@Dazureus View my response to Azen, 3rd one in this post. There are still regions to allow for this, just less random retarded cobble towns people bought after selling 2 days worth of mining and grabbing a few nubs. View the Alliance for Progress Impediment thread in the Diplomacy forums. I support regions, and creativity, but I'd posit it's much less detractive to the HC environment if it's focused in larger towns where more people are. Because there are more people there, pretty much.

-----

@itzmak RIP that Zeal.

Aetosion

Obsidian
-----

@qNickp Exactly.

-----

@MajorasMask I don't. There's 48 on right now, and there were 56 on when I logged off last. Haven't seen us cap 100 since last week.

-----

@Dwarfers It's not a hard run into temple. I'm a level 27 Warrior, I just saunter in there. Just walk around the back end.

-----

@Bacon_nator Yep. Walls = No=pvp

-----

@Joka10 Once you're looking for an SMP server, you've generally got an understanding that there's more to MC than building. Once you click on a server that says "Hardcore", most would expect wicked survival and challenges, pretty much PVP/Survival. Read the comment below yours.

-----

@Bacon_nator Yeah.

-----

@Dwarfers How were towns created? A group of people banded together and worked to get a safe place from the outside world. Why is there any reason to live together? Security. Why do you need security? PVP. If you've ever seen a creative server, it's just a bunch of random people living across the map in little structures they thought were cool.

How was Temple MA created? The staff Architects built it with creative game mode. They did a good job fulfilling their staff position.

If you've ever been to another PVP server, it's a bunch of fortresses and roads and houses and hidden bases. Not an empty map.

-----

@Joka10 It is something you end up doing, and I'd expect someone to end up doing it on a Hardcore server. If you don't want a challenge, and want to sit getting fruity all day on a minecraft beach. Go to a creative server.

Let's note that pretty much every MMORPG is PVP/Economy/Lore based, and I can't think of any that are building based. There is a middle ground, we're not on it. Neither should we cater just as much to creative aspects as survival/pvp aspects. There's a reason we're a Hardcore server, not an Over-Easy server. Hardcore means challenge. PVP creates it.

----

@jmoney222 Yes.

-----

@PernixPike This is the problem.

------

@Detarbilate YES!

-----

@OrangeAngel The RPG is entirely focused on PVP. Note the "RPG" classes. Read my other responses, I already answered what you're saying.

------

@Joka10 It wouldn't be only PVP, but it would be less only Creative. Like now.

------

@PernixPike Love you.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
This is the #1 issue right now, I have been hoping that the TnT siege combat would be in soon, but I have honestly lost hope due to the lack of news of it...
Just another thing that has been announce but has not been put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.