• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Texas Seceding Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Nope. 83,000 out of the 30million is nothing, plus if the dumb ass legislature let this happen, buh bye texas.. who would want to be a country alone as small as texas next to mexico.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
That will never happen. Look at Quebec in Canada and see how long they have been trying to separate. It's not as simple as creating a petition.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
If we lose Texas, there goes the Republican's chance of ever winning presidency again. xD

Won't happen, though.

Will never happen, I don't even see a reason for it either way. Does it really matter if your poorly governed here or in the same spot without the imaginary line that is known to be the border?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Oh texas... If only you could have all seen my newsfeed on facebook when obama was reelected. It consisted mostly of "WERE HEADED TO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY" , "TIME TO MOVE OUT OF THE US. FUCK OBAMA!" or "LETS SECEDE!". The rage from all the republicans was quite funny. To see a petition like this is very amusing. It's never going to happen. The ignorance of people will never cease to amaze me lol.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh texas... If only you could have all seen my newsfeed on facebook when obama was reelected. It consisted mostly of "WERE HEADED TO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY" , "TIME TO MOVE OUT OF THE US. FUCK OBAMA!" or "LETS SECEDE!". The rage from all the republicans was quite funny. To see a petition like this is very amusing. It's never going to happen. The ignorance of people will never cease to amaze me lol.
we live in texas, everyone hates obama

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
As a net 30 state it is understandable why Texas would wish to secede.
For those who know not what that is: Texas recieves about $30 in federal funding for every $100 dollars its citizens pay. As a soveriegn State that must be hard to accept. And before you say that its just a State and they should submit to the feds perhaps you should read the constitution. Better yet, read the federalist papers and the constitutional convention debates.
This country was intended to be a Union of soveriegn States working together. Any one state government should be larger than the whole of the federal government, which exists only to fill those needs that the states cannot feasibly provide. Instead we have a federal government that is larger than all of the state governments combined, and is still growing. As it grows its ability to provide those few services that it is actually whithin its rights to provide continues to diminish.
Yes I said whithin its rights. The nations of Europe constitutions embue their citizens with certain rights granted to them by their governments. In the United States the opposite is true. We the people have ordained to endow the federal government with certain rights. Those rights are the property of the people and of the states, and can be recinded by the people or the states at any time.
Perhaps it is time they remembered it.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Kinda same thing over here in Washington, for a while now there have been people wanting a country called Cascadia to be formed, with Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
Kinda same thing over here in Washington, for a while now there have been people wanting a country called Cascadia to be formed, with Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia.
that's hilarious

Also, the Obama administration has to give a formal response now that the petition has passed 20000 signatures. Should be interesting.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

It isn't fair to call someone ''ignorant'' just because they do not approve of one's policy.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
It isn't fair to call someone ''ignorant'' just because they do not approve of one's policy.
Comments like ""WERE HEADED TO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY" , "TIME TO MOVE OUT OF THE US. FUCK OBAMA!" or "LETS SECEDE!"." are ignorant. The people who make these comments are ridiculous as we have a system here in America called "checks and balances". It is completely fair I call those making retarded comments like that ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.