• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Inactive Towns

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Both of you stop slinging mud. The purpose of this thread was to discuss what constitutes an inactive town. Many of you have turned this into some personal vendetta.

Keep the thread on track and leave the town names out of it.
I can't defend my suggestion?

I still fully believe that towns should not become huge personal regions just because they're able to pay taxes.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

Otherwise, Durotar (after its fallout) and Eclipse (RadoyZ's version...) have been added to the list.

The problem is you two are going back and forth and frankly I am sure everyone is sick of it. You are not helping the situation by naming specific towns, give suggestions on what constitutes but leave the town names out of it.

Or I can close the thread, your choice.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is you two are going back and forth and frankly I am sure everyone is sick of it. You are not helping the situation by naming specific towns, give suggestions on what constitutes but leave the town names out of it.

Or I can close the thread, your choice.
I edited my post after I saw your last post and everything is mixed up now*.

I still fully believe that towns should not become huge personal regions just because they're able to pay taxes.
^That's how it should read.

*My previous, now deleted, reply was without knowledge of this:
Both of you stop slinging mud. The purpose of this thread was to discuss what constitutes an inactive town. Many of you have turned this into some personal vendetta.

Keep the thread on track and leave the town names out of it.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I know which is why I did not slap you in my deletion of it =P

I agree they should not be personal regions, so again go with ideas of what an inactive town is, do not name towns.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I would like to start a Kingdom it would be called Ubique (everywhere), not sure I will ever have the money though.
Back to topic yes it would be nice to have some mechanism of removing inactive towns, however it will be very hard to do it in an unbiased fashion.

A

alexhoff1

I would like to start a Kingdom it would be called Ubique (everywhere), not sure I will ever have the money though.
Back to topic yes it would be nice to have some mechanism of removing inactive towns, however it will be very hard to do it in an unbiased fashion.

2 towns were removed in the past 3 days.

A

alexhoff1

Your indolence is exceptional. You have one active member, yourself, and currently use the town region as a large personal region. You tricked and manipulated that "same guy" to eliminate him and then lied to staff. I refuse to let your utter ignorance pervade this discussion.

Targeted towns allied to whom? I gave you a list of truly inactive towns and then MajorasMask even simplified it for you. Shove this into your cerebrum and think for a minute, please.

also, for the record I don't even use it as a storage. I barely even use the farms there -.-

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
bump. This issue still needs addressing. Towns like skyfall and gravcok are clearly inactive. They are basicly massive personal regions to the owners. Skyfall only has 4 citizens on its roster and gravcocks only active is alexhoff. I don't get how towns like these are still up. Admins thoughts?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
bump. This issue still needs addressing. Towns like skyfall and gravcok are clearly inactive. They are basicly massive personal regions to the owners. Skyfall only has 4 citizens on its roster and gravcocks only active is alexhoff. I don't get how towns like these are still up. Admins thoughts?
Durotar too has been abandoned for many months.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Ya, there are quite a few towns like this. I don't see how simply paying taxes is enough alone to keep a town up. Towns are meant to be communities. Not personal regions.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Adding in something besides the tax could help fix this.
Town auto-kicks people after a few weeks of inactivity, if the charter goes below 5~ citizens - the town tax becomes multiplied by 2-4 times.

Just a quick suggestion drawn up from from the depths of my mind, in two minutes I'll probably have no memory of this.

A

alexhoff1

You're not allowed to use examples here, from the same people you tagged.

Also, I barely visit Gravkoc. I live out of a spawn plot, and keep the regions up for the other 5-8 people that log in every other day / week.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
A town is still considered active if they members log in within a month each I believe. They don't all have to be online at the same time to be considered an active town.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Been looking for a post like this. Although i dont totally agree with his suggestion, i do agree that some of these inactive towns with 4 or 3 or 2 or even 1 person in the town should get to waste a slot of only 30 when it will never prosper and limit new players. Some of these towns that create this issue: Oasis, Zable_Fahr, Freyrham. Something needs to be done whatever it might be to make room for our new players on herocraft.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Been looking for a post like this. Although i dont totally agree with his suggestion, i do agree that some of these inactive towns with 4 or 3 or 2 or even 1 person in the town should not get to waste a slot of only 30 when it will never prosper and limit new players. Some of these towns that create this issue: Oasis, Zable_Fahr, Freyrham. Something needs to be done whatever it might be to make room for our new players on herocraft.[/quote]

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Been looking for a post like this. Although i dont totally agree with his suggestion, i do agree that some of these inactive towns with 4 or 3 or 2 or even 1 person in the town should not get to waste a slot of only 30 when it will never prosper and limit new players. Some of these towns that create this issue: Oasis, Zable_Fahr, Freyrham. Something needs to be done whatever it might be to make room for our new players on herocraft.
[/quote]
Oasis is a relatively new town and is a work in progress.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
Oasis is a relatively new town and is a work in progress.[/quote]
Im not attacking a town specifically but with more then a few weeks of time there should be more then 4 members.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Im not attacking a town specifically but with more then a few weeks of time there should be more then 4 members.

I'm not so sure about this. When victim130 made the town he only wanted it to be a hamlet with only a few people. These people play often and can easily pay the tax, but have little to no interest in expanding the town's membership. In the context of this topic, is that really so bad?

Sidgil, TheLeftToe, Disketa777, myself, and Ironee once considered working towards a township region for OS kingdom just for ourselves (we all know each other in real life) but decided it was way too much effort. I think there was a town in ARC kingdom very similar to this on Zeal map (is that right Acherous ? it was like the first ARC town; I just don't remember who was in it).

In summary, not every town should have to actively recruit new members to be considered active, and it should not be looked down upon to have very few members on your roster.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm not so sure about this. When victim130 made the town he only wanted it to be a hamlet with only a few people. These people play often and can easily pay the tax, but have little to no interest in expanding the town's membership. In the context of this topic, is that really so bad?

Sidgil, TheLeftToe, Disketa777, myself, and Ironee once considered working towards a township region for OS kingdom just for ourselves (we all know each other in real life) but decided it was way too much effort. I think there was a town in ARC kingdom very similar to this on Zeal map (is that right Acherous ? it was like the first ARC town; I just don't remember who was in it).

In summary, not every town should have to actively recruit new members to be considered active, and it should not be looked down upon to have very few members on your roster.
Oh, I think you're thinking of kriskills town Ignotis. All that town was was him and his real life friends.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Oasis and Freyrham are new towns, Freyrham doesn't even have regions yet. Paul_Bakken is the owner of Freyrham and has done a lot of good for the server, his guild has made most of the roads and canals that people use for travel.