• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Inactive Towns

macura

Diamond
leftovers5 ... I can't be certain, but if you're part of Paragon you should just crawl in a hole right now and die considering your town is simply eye-cancer. How a bunch of sand pillars reaching the sky is considered acceptable on this server, I'll never know. If you're part of Paragon (and for some reason I have the idea in my head that you are) then you honestly need to walk away from this conversation. If you're not part of Paragon, I appologize.
Left is the leader of the kingdom that includes paragon and i'm pretty sure that umbra is just a box so you should be insulting people on their builds.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Leftover is my Verstad-ian goblin leader, he is not in Paragon. Paragon is a WIP, I'm pretty sure no towns looks dashing while they are still being heavily built.

Just because this town has been a Work-In-Progress (Since Herocraft 4.0 has been introduced, might I add) doesn't mean any town should be allowed to shield themselves with sand all the way to the sky-limits. Hey, that's just me though!

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Just because this town has been a Work-In-Progress (Since Herocraft 4.0 has been introduced, might I add) doesn't mean any town should be allowed to shield themselves with sand all the way to the sky-limits. Hey, that's just me though!

The plan is to build stairs up to the top, once we've completed more of the building, so that Paragon is a town on top of desert plateaus, that it is open to the public. As I've said before, we're a work in progress, so I'd rather not have it open to the public until we've completed more of the large building projects.

That said, if you'd like to see some of the building we've done on top of the plateaus, I'd be happy to show you around. Send me a PM in game, and I'll give you a tour

In any case, this is all very off topic.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Yeah, i've been really annoyed about this. There are tons of towns out there that have literally gone dead. The mayors never log in, but they still pay the automatic tax, so their regions are safe. What ever happened to the citizen audits that the staff used to do in Sanctum/Zeal?

With @Davros_'s tool: http://sb1.dev.codeanywhere.net/~a70097sb/hc/players/players.php, it is really easy to find out if someone is inactive. The automation of tax is great; but something has to be done for citizens, in EVERY town (i'm not going to be biased: Verstad/Paragon and Braavos all have citizens listed as active, who are really inactive).

So I went onto the ''Official Townships'' bit of the forum and went through each town, checking their citizen lists, so see who is active and who isn't. To determine if someone is ''active'', I used the tool that Davros came up with. Someone is considered active if they have logged in sometime during the last 7 days. Here are my findings:

*Inactive towns are listed in red, active towns are listed in green*

• Axiom: One person active (Moejunur).
  • Raubtier: Should have been removed, but the thread is still there, why? :eek:
  • Gravkoc: 4 people active. Two of which I believe have even moved town. None of the ''council'' are active. Many of their ''active citizens'' are also banned.
  • Citadel: Two people active, one of which is the mayor.
  • Malkier: The regions should be (or should have) been removed. The thread, too, needs to be booted.
  • Durotar: At least 5 people active, including the mayor. Many citizens are active.
  • Verstad: At least 5 people active, including the mayor, council, and some citizens.
  • Genesis: At least 5 people active, including the mayor.
  • Belegost: JUST five people active. (Many in their citizen list are inactive beyond 1 month).
  • SkyFall: At least 5 people active, although many of which I though had since moved towns. I'm unsure about this town, as I thought it went dead months ago.
  • Alicubi: At least 5 active citizens. Many listed, however, are over 2 months inactive.
  • Newerth: The citizen list looks like it has not been updated anytime recently. I'm not sure about this town, but it appears active (although 81 active citizens is definitely false).
  • Eclipse: At least 5 people active, including the mayor and most council members.
  • Camelot: They have no citizen list. However, they should have around 5 active members, at least.
  • Underworld: At least 5 citizens active, including the mayor/council.
  • Umbra: At least 5 citizens active, including the mayor/council.
  • Skyforge: At least 5 people active, including the mayor.
  • Braavos: At least 5 people active, including the mayor/council.
  • Rapture: At least 5 active citizens.
  • Mineris: At least 5 active citizens.
  • Paragon: At least 5 active citizens.
So, what now? Remove all the inactive towns from the server; get rid of their region. Also, get rid of their threads too, it is misleading.

Newerth is very active. At least 6 hours a day, we have 5+people in chat. The 81 active players is definitely wrong, though. I know of roughly 15 truly 'active' people, and 5 more normally active, but not right now because of other things.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Newerth is very active. At least 6 hours a day, we have 5+people in chat. The 81 active players is definitely wrong, though. I know of roughly 15 truly 'active' people, and 5 more normally active, but not right now because of other things.
How a town can keep track of 81 people I will never understand.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Newerth is really active in non American times
Four or above citizens are there at Hong Kong time 6 to8 o'clock.
So don't ever say that newerth is not active.
We are pretty active.
You can almost see one of our citizens in Newerth anytime.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I am pretty new to the server and part of Rapture. I am on more than anyone else in the town but I see a few townies log in each day. There's no fear of suddenly losing a town because we aren't as active as other towns, right?

I have been working hard and edited over 225,000 blocks in the nine days I have been a part of the town. If something like this suggestion went through, I'd hate to lose so much progress because someone decided we're not active enough, not that our town has been mentioned, but it is a concern when reading this thread.

I pretty much stick to myself and just work on the town... I don't really want to worry about showing a "presence" on the server just to not be disbanded.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I am pretty new to the server and part of Rapture. I am on more than anyone else in the town but I see a few townies log in each day. There's no fear of suddenly losing a town because we aren't as active as other towns, right?

I have been working hard and edited over 225,000 blocks in the nine days I have been a part of the town. If something like this suggestion went through, I'd hate to lose so much progress because someone decided we're not active enough, not that our town has been mentioned, but it is a concern when reading this thread.

I pretty much stick to myself and just work on the town... I don't really want to worry about showing a "presence" on the server just to not be disbanded.
As long as people say something like this and someone else confirms it, the town should not be considered inactive unless they haven't paid taxes.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
For the record Raubtier only lost regions due to not paying taxes, not inactivity. Also, I just want to say that I find how Raubtier was handled was not very appropriate. It was still a structure that people such as myself still consider a home or base. Instead I find the entire place griefed just because people thought it was okay since we lost regions. I know who griefed what in the place but I just want to say that just because a town loses regions does not exactly give players a right to mass grief it. I understand that most people do it assuming the whole place is dead but still.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
For the record Raubtier only lost regions due to not paying taxes, not inactivity. Also, I just want to say that I find how Raubtier was handled was not very appropriate. It was still a structure that people such as myself still consider a home or base. Instead I find the entire place griefed just because people thought it was okay since we lost regions. I know who griefed what in the place but I just want to say that just because a town loses regions does not exactly give players a right to mass grief it. I understand that most people do it assuming the whole place is dead but still.
Petition it.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I have, it was closed saying it won't be handled because "multiple" people griefed but there was one specific person who did about 95% of the damage alone.

You're kidding. If multiple people griefed it, they should ALL be delt with.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
You're kidding. If multiple people griefed it, they should ALL be delt with.
My point is that people are not as careful anymore and the system is getting a bit sloppy. I understand why some may not agree but in Raubtier's case it was not handled correctly.

faredX

Gold
Well, eclipse is dead, the temporary mayor (RadoyZ) Refused to hand the ownership back to nuclear and thus, kicked everybody out leaving it as a 3-inactive-town.

A

alexhoff1

How many times must I say that Gravkoc fits the active roster "requirements"?

I would also like to point out that even though Gravkoc is "inactive" and we have had members leave towns, the person who POSTED THIS THREAD had recruited the same guy that region abused the whole town...

just pointing that out there...

Also, as far as we are "inactive", we have 3 members log on atleast every week, if not more since a few ditched town in the last 2 weeks.

A

alexhoff1

leftovers5: Thank you for tagging me!

I strongly agree with your idea of not only having towns pay tax but have a certain amount of residents log in over a period of time, and this is not just because some friends and I have been trying to start a town, its because of the amount of towns wanting to be made versus actual active towns is very high. If you type /town charter in game, there are over 15 towns waiting to be made, along with the ones on the forum. I would love to see something like this be implanted in game!

Alex: You seem to have negative feel about leftover's idea. You also fail to see that the towns he mentioned are only a select few.

Didn't see this until about now,

leftovers has particularly targeted towns that are allied, or are my town. If you want opposition talk to the guy that is requested for region removal.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
How many times must I say that Gravkoc fits the active roster "requirements"?

I would also like to point out that even though Gravkoc is "inactive" and we have had members leave towns, the person who POSTED THIS THREAD had recruited the same guy that region abused the whole town...

just pointing that out there...

Also, as far as we are "inactive", we have 3 members log on atleast every week, if not more since a few ditched town in the last 2 weeks.
Your indolence is exceptional. You have one active member, yourself, and currently use the town region as a large personal region. You tricked and manipulated that "same guy" to eliminate him and then lied to staff. I refuse to let your utter ignorance pervade this discussion.
Didn't see this until about now,

leftovers has particularly targeted towns that are allied, or are my town. If you want opposition talk to the guy that is requested for region removal.
Targeted towns allied to whom? I gave you a list of truly inactive towns and then MajorasMask even simplified it for you. Shove this into your cerebrum and think for a minute, please.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There is no way Gravkoc is active. I checked the citizens on their ''citizen list''. Most of them were banned, or had not even logged into Bastion. The rest had either moved town or had not logged in for at least 2 weeks. For a town that has remained inactive for so long, I don't think they should be given the chance to ''try again'' or to ''try and recruit more''.

Honestly, they've had long enough. If they seriously all have such busy lives, with no time for HC; then just remove the town. It's silly and unfair to make an exception for them when other people ACTUALLY WANT to make an active town. Currently, we're just give town spaces to people that don't even use it.

Also, allowing people to keep a huge region while inactive defeats the purpose of wanting to expand/recruit (from the perspective of active towns).

A

alexhoff1

Your indolence is exceptional. You have one active member, yourself, and currently use the town region as a large personal region. You tricked and manipulated that "same guy" to eliminate him and then lied to staff. I refuse to let your utter ignorance pervade this discussion.

Targeted towns allied to whom? I gave you a list of truly inactive towns and then MajorasMask even simplified it for you. Shove this into your cerebrum and think for a minute, please.

You just called me a liar in a public thread saying that I "elimanted" the banned party, I do recall him logging on and taking all the stuff before I even got on, so A. how did I manipulate that? and B. you are clearly showing that you dislike me here.

I have had in my signature for the past, oh 2-3 weeks, looking for a kingdom. I would rather not recruit ex-gen members for fear of region abuse. I would also not like to recruit new players because hey, they quit and I'm right back dammed where I started.

You have strictly targeted Gravkoc this whole thread, well including some others, however all I have seen is "Gravkoc is inactive, destroy it's regions", deny this please, because every post MY TOWN has been used as an example, of which you also clearly do care about loot, because raubtier was quite litterally destroyed.. so I do believe that this is more of a thread made to claim loot.

bit of ramblin' there, point is you just accused me of lying to staff and every example of inactivity, Gravkoc is used.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Both of you stop slinging mud. The purpose of this thread was to discuss what constitutes an inactive town. Many of you have turned this into some personal vendetta.

Keep the thread on track and leave the town names out of it.